Reforge Scenarios (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series

demyansk -> Reforge Scenarios (11/15/2015 12:51:56 PM)

I really like the way this game plays, I like the ability to NOT micromanage!!

Question on scenarios,

I am playing the Meeting of the Titans on Reforge

Is their a listing of the length and size of the scenarios so I can choose which ones to play?

Like easiest to hardest or shorter to longer?

CapnDarwin -> RE: Reforge Scenarios (11/15/2015 1:46:37 PM)

The Small, Medium, and Large refer to the number of units under command. Time and difficulty vary for all of the scenarios based on the mission for the battle. We usually tell players to start with small scenarios to get use to the game and how to plan and control the fight.

demyansk -> RE: Reforge Scenarios (11/15/2015 6:23:29 PM)

Thanks Darwin, the Reforge scenarios when viewed don't tell you the size of the scenario, I was wondering if that could be accomplished for the future or if someone has written down - somewhere what would be a good order for a new player.

Thanks

OldSarge -> RE: Reforge Scenarios (11/15/2015 6:43:30 PM)

The scenario size is found in the scenario name, so the first scenario Meeting of the Titans is best played as NATO and is a medium scenario. While a Few Good Choppers is a NATO Small scenario.

HTH

OldSarge -> RE: Reforge Scenarios (11/15/2015 6:51:27 PM)

I noticed that some of the scenario descriptions don't match up to the naming convention used. For exammple, British Steel_NL suggests it should be played as Soviet. Back to Town_HL indicates it should be played as NATO and Ardennes Revisited, both HL and NL suggest playing as the Soviets.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Reforge Scenarios (11/15/2015 7:16:14 PM)

Some of the names are messed up and don't match the scenario ID code. We'll try to iron that back out once we get past the game killer bugs.

demyansk -> RE: Reforge Scenarios (11/15/2015 7:26:06 PM)

Sorry guys if I ask some questions that are not so evident. I really like this game, I am playing Time to Dance and not doing to bad, just killing T80's

CapnDarwin -> RE: Reforge Scenarios (11/15/2015 7:44:18 PM)

A Time to Dance is a classic. I use that for testing and probably have over 300+ plays of it and we've seen some amazing AI actions at times and moves that have us amazed.

demyansk -> RE: Reforge Scenarios (11/15/2015 7:53:29 PM)

Hi Darwin, I was able to get two mech Bradley's at the VP at BadNeustadt, I used the mortar for direct support and it destroyed a bunch of BMP that were north of me,
How do I take a screenshot of this?

budd -> RE: Reforge Scenarios (11/15/2015 8:38:16 PM)

feels like i played that one a few dozens times. I asked in the other thread, you play it with limited orders? I'm going back to it once the rebalance is done. It's my albatross[;)] I will beat that SOB with limited orders, any kind of victory will do. Best i've done with limited orders in its current state is contested.

Capn did the update do anything to this scenario, harder/easier?

demyansk -> RE: Reforge Scenarios (11/15/2015 9:39:14 PM)

no limited orders, the only thing I left unchecked was the view of opponent unit counters, I am a noob

budd -> RE: Reforge Scenarios (11/15/2015 10:42:26 PM)

Time to dance is a downright bear with limited orders. I recommend it if your into painful experiences[:)]

ashandresash -> RE: Reforge Scenarios (11/16/2015 8:04:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

A Time to Dance is a classic. I use that for testing and probably have over 300+ plays of it and we've seen some amazing AI actions at times and moves that have us amazed.

As a recent player (though I bought the game some time ago I'm playing seriously now), I agree. A Time To Dance is a small, fast and very cunning one. In my first game I 'achieved' an abysmal 18%. I've improved -not too much- later... I keep trying [:)]

Phoenix100 -> RE: Reforge Scenarios (11/16/2015 3:41:35 PM)

Just press PrtScr to take a screen shot. Then paste it (Ctrl-V) into Paint or some such free program.

Peter

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI