Troop General (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Chris21wen -> Troop General (11/22/2015 4:13:39 PM)

Not sure if this is a bug or it's been missed but should a Troop General not unload with the troops commanded when the troops unload somewhere?

Bingeling -> RE: Troop General (11/22/2015 5:11:44 PM)

Not sure about that. Isn't he assigned through the character screen?

He should join in invasions, though.

Chris21wen -> RE: Troop General (11/22/2015 5:40:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

Not sure about that. Isn't he assigned through the character screen?

He should join in invasions, though.

I've just land troops and a General at a planet with a pirate base. The troops landed but the general didn't I had to assign him to the planet. Not an invasion but I'm about to do that next.

HerpInYourDerp -> RE: Troop General (11/22/2015 11:57:20 PM)

It only does it automatically when you attack a planet. Otherwise it's manual transfers.

Shark7 -> RE: Troop General (11/23/2015 7:08:24 AM)

Also you always want to make sure your General is on a troop transport. Can't tell you the number of times I've lost a good general due to him being on the fleet flagship (which may not carry troops at all) and landing ahead of the invasion troops. As you might guess, the general has a very hard time fighting off an entire enemy army alone. [8|]

As for reinforcing a garrison, the previous replies are correct, you'll need to move him there manually via the characters screen.

Chris21wen -> RE: Troop General (11/23/2015 7:16:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HerpInYourDerp

It only does it automatically when you attack a planet. Otherwise it's manual transfers.

That explains it. I'm not completely sure I agree with it but it's no biggy.

NephilimNexus -> RE: Troop General (11/25/2015 2:02:54 PM)

Easiest solution is to make your troop transport the flagship of the fleet. That way all you have to do is assign the general to the fleet and he will automatically go to the right ship.

Shark7 -> RE: Troop General (11/25/2015 6:24:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: NephilimNexus

Easiest solution is to make your troop transport the flagship of the fleet. That way all you have to do is assign the general to the fleet and he will automatically go to the right ship.

The problem with that is that any admiral you have gets assigned to the troop ship as well, and troop ships have a nasty habit of getting into trouble they can't get out of.

I do know that if you wait to assign the general to the fleet untial AFTER you've loaded the troops, the general goes straight to one of the transports. Basically, with no troops loaded, general defaults to flag ship. With troops loaded, general defaults to a troop carrier.

Kayoz -> RE: Troop General (11/25/2015 9:24:31 PM)

Sadly, as-designed. He'll drop off automatically for an invasion, but not if you're just dropping troops on the planet. You'll need to move him there manually.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI