[NEED FEEDBACK] Steam removing the game? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

pchandler43 -> [NEED FEEDBACK] Steam removing the game? (11/24/2015 8:28:47 PM)

I don't know if this is a steam issue or a game issue. This game, and Northern Fury, keep showing up in my steam games list as uninstalled, even though the game HAS been installed, and I can launch it by navigating to the folder, still located in the Steam directory.

Has anyone encountered this? Nothing has changed on my computer, outside of Steam updates and any updates sent through it for the game.

VilleYrjola -> RE: Steam removing the game? (11/24/2015 8:33:39 PM)

Are you sure your antivirus software isn't flagging the game and removing it behinf your back? I'm not 100 % sure this kind of behaviour is even possible with games installed via Steam, but I know that some people have had weird problems with their game installs turning up broken or games just vanishing after the antivirus goes haywire. You could try to disable your antivirus software for a while and install the game and see if it helps. Some antivirus softwares also have logs which could provide more info if in fact it is the culprit

pchandler43 -> RE: Steam removing the game? (11/24/2015 8:44:56 PM)

All of the game files are still there. As we speak I'm in the game. The only thing that has been removed is the ability to launch and update from Steam itself.

pchandler43 -> RE: Steam removing the game? (11/25/2015 7:53:01 PM)

Anyone?

mikmykWS -> RE: Steam removing the game? (11/25/2015 10:49:03 PM)

Hi PC first time I've seen this

First..something easy have you tried verifying the files

To verify the data right click on the game in the steam library and select Properties>Local Files>Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

If this doesn't work consider wiping everything out and reinstalling.

Mike

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI