RE: The Matrix Holiday Sale is here! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix

Franciscus -> RE: The Matrix Holiday Sale is here! (11/30/2015 4:50:41 PM)

Fixed, thanks [&o]

Sensei.Tokugawa -> RE: The Matrix Holiday Sale is here! (11/30/2015 5:51:55 PM)

Same for me, I have just bought bothe the base game and the addon and am downloading them as we speak, the X-mas is going to be busy time on battlefields as usual as it seems. Thanks for addressing the issue in a truly professional manner, shopping here exciting as ever.

IanAinsworth -> RE: The Matrix Holiday Sale is here! (12/1/2015 9:27:48 AM)

I'm dissapointed guys with the sale. Why you say - Well i bought three titles on 25th November - Decisive Campaigns-Barbarossa,Brother against Brother and Lock 'n' Load Heroes of Stalingrad. I was charged $54.99 for Heroes of Stalingrad and when i contacted customer support, was told that the sale didnt start till 26th November. Hmm - the flyer states 24th November and the forum here states 25th. When i contacted customer support, i mentioned that i wanted to buy three other titles in the sale and could they apply a 'credit' against these. I was told No

I've bought a good number of Matrix/Slitherine titles in the past and was told they cant do anything for me.

Massively dissapointed

IainMcNeil -> RE: The Matrix Holiday Sale is here! (12/1/2015 10:00:03 AM)

The sale started after you bought the games and you did not think the games were on sale when you bought them. It's always frustrating to buy things and then find they go on sale but this is just part of life! :)

Sorry you are unhappy but there is no way we can offer a refund to people who bought before the sale started, for obvious reasons.

Sensei.Tokugawa -> RE: The Matrix Holiday Sale is here! (12/1/2015 10:50:22 AM)

I bought Harpoon Ultimate Commander's Edition - the game that is long retired now and is not going to be developed any way apart from community imput - two weeks ago when I have already had CMANO with NI for quite some time and now I could get that for half the price.

As a matter of fact we both could have been wiser to wait and find out what would happen when the X-mas is near. Come on, I am all against corporate mentality, but there wasn't anything unfair about both situations. Everybody is happy to outsmart others, but the trick is to outsmatrt yourself or just not to get yourself fooled. Wargamers are a greedy breed and we both had butterfingers, that's the cost of the hobby you're dedicated to.

demyansk -> RE: The Matrix Holiday Sale is here! (12/1/2015 10:15:16 PM)

Ohhhhh, perhaps the customer can get a coupon, it's worth the ten bucks to keep a customer happy. It's Christmas time

mmogah -> RE: The Matrix Holiday Sale is here! (12/9/2015 8:15:05 AM)

how long does the holiday sale last ?[:'(][:D]

zakblood -> RE: The Matrix Holiday Sale is here! (12/9/2015 8:19:28 AM)

The sale starts on November 25th until January 10th!

IslandInland -> RE: The Matrix Holiday Sale is here! (12/19/2015 2:05:53 PM)

Why do the prices keep changing?

I've noticed the prices on Gary Grigsby's World At War Divided, For Liberty! and Germany At War Barbarossa 1941 change two or three times since the sale started. For example For Liberty! was £3.50 a few days ago but is currently £4.44.

Is VAT added or is it included in the price?

zakblood -> RE: The Matrix Holiday Sale is here! (12/19/2015 2:14:10 PM)

maybe currency as it's all done in dollars tbh, and they have just (US) increased the exchange rate, but it's only a guess i don't know for 100% sure

quote:

The U.S. Federal Reserve raised interest rates Wednesday
maybe?

IslandInland -> RE: The Matrix Holiday Sale is here! (12/19/2015 2:50:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

maybe currency as it's all done in dollars tbh, and they have just (US) increased the exchange rate, but it's only a guess i don't know for 100% sure

quote:

The U.S. Federal Reserve raised interest rates Wednesday
maybe?

I considered that but then dismissed it because I thought surely no company would change their prices to that extent due to exchange rates during a sale.

Perhaps I was wrong to think that. For Liberty! has increased in price by 94p. The raise in interest rates surely couldn't account for such a steep price hike.

Whatever the reason is it's bloody annoying. They should set a price at the beginning of the sale and stick to it, not let it fluctuate. I can think of no other digital store when I buy from whose sale prices can actually go up during a sale.

zakblood -> RE: The Matrix Holiday Sale is here! (12/19/2015 2:59:29 PM)

download the pdf price and sales list[;)]

[image]local://upfiles/43185/C7B2719E5FCA407D8708DBDE95376D2E.jpg[/image]

that's date stamped and hasn't changed since it was uploaded

http://www.matrixgames.com/amazon/PDF/Matrix%20Christmas%20Sale.pdf

IslandInland -> RE: The Matrix Holiday Sale is here! (12/19/2015 3:08:21 PM)

quote:

I downloaded it on the day the sale started. In the PDF For Liberty is half price at $4.99 which equates to £3.35 and yet it's £4.44 on the game's store page. I suppose it could be VAT but that doesn't explain why I saw the price at £3.50 at the beginning of the week and why it's now £4.44.

[&:]

IslandInland -> RE: The Matrix Holiday Sale is here! (12/19/2015 3:10:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: XXXCorps

quote:

I downloaded it on the day the sale started. In the PDF For Liberty is half price at $4.99 which equates to £3.35 and yet it's £4.44 on the game's store page. I suppose it could be VAT but that doesn't explain why I saw the price at £3.50 at the beginning of the week and why it's now £4.44.

The PDF price may not have changed but the actual store page price has, and that's the one that counts.

[&:]

zakblood -> RE: The Matrix Holiday Sale is here! (12/19/2015 3:12:59 PM)

tbh i can't see any difference in prices?

[image]local://upfiles/43185/1F6DEC9AE38B4842992ACC2CD151ACA0.jpg[/image]

for For Liberty £ 4.44 still priced the same

IslandInland -> RE: The Matrix Holiday Sale is here! (12/19/2015 3:51:34 PM)

The price was different earlier in the week. When the sale started I opened tabs of the store pages of games I was considering buying. Each day I've perused the store pages, have done some reading about each game, and eliminated some and left others open that I will definitely buy.

Because of this I've noticed the price has changed on some of the games. At one point at the beginning of the week they were cheaper than they are now. For Liberty was £3.50. It's now £4.44. I also notice Germany At War Barbarossa 1941 was £8.99 before the sale and the base price was increased to £14.99 when the sale began.

I don't have screenshots to prove the price fluctuations but it didn't occur to me that something like this would happen.

The bottom line is that the prices have changed over the course of this week.

Unless someone from Matrix or Slitherine explains this it will remain a mystery but I know they have changed. I will probably still buy the games but an explanation would be nice.

zakblood -> RE: The Matrix Holiday Sale is here! (12/19/2015 3:54:39 PM)

was it a cached page maybe? as not noticed it myself, as i bought stuff just before the sale as well, a day or 2 if memory serves me right[;)]

IslandInland -> RE: The Matrix Holiday Sale is here! (12/19/2015 5:38:35 PM)

quote:

was it a cached page maybe? as not noticed it myself, as i bought stuff just before the sale as well, a day or 2 if memory serves me right[;)]

Maybe but if it was a cached page from earlier in the sale that would still mean the price has increased from what it is now.

ncc1701e -> RE: The Matrix Holiday Sale is here! (12/19/2015 5:43:12 PM)

I am in the Euro zone and I have observed the same. The USD prices are stable but the conversion in EURO is changing every day. It seems the prices are re-calculated every day based on the exchange rate.

IslandInland -> RE: The Matrix Holiday Sale is here! (12/19/2015 7:41:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ncc1701e

I am in the Euro zone and I have observed the same. The USD prices are stable but the conversion in EURO is changing every day. It seems the prices are re-calculated every day based on the exchange rate.

Thank you for confirming it. For a moment I did consider that I might just be crazy. [:)]

mizokidsgames -> RE: The Matrix Holiday Sale is here! (12/29/2015 5:06:47 PM)

It seems a great game.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI