AGS taking all AGC fuel (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa

Kumppi -> AGS taking all AGC fuel (11/27/2015 12:12:42 AM)

I have sent PG 2 to the southern theater and now every drop of fuel from the central theater goes to the southern which already has a surplus of over 30k. Central theater is dry and Hoth is not very happy. I have also moved PG 3 units before PG 2 so it should have priority if that makes any difference.

gwgardner -> RE: AGS taking all AGC fuel (11/27/2015 12:36:33 AM)

When you temporarily reassign a panzer army to a different theater, it still draws fuel and ammo from the original theater. Basically all your doing is allowing that panzer army to cross the theater boundary.

Check your reports on the trains and trucks for AGC, to determine why you're running low. How far from the Forward Supply Base are your HQs? Are you moving the panzers forward fast and long distances? Are you still in Blitzkrieg posture?

Kumppi -> RE: AGS taking all AGC fuel (11/27/2015 1:15:38 AM)

I get about 8000 bbls of fuel to AGC FSB and have enough trucks to move it (93 surplus trucks, 24 required), but all of it goes to the southern theater. This can't be right or I am totally missing something. The reassigned PG can't draw all fuel from it's "home" theater, right?

lancer -> RE: AGS taking all AGC fuel (11/27/2015 1:44:38 AM)

Hi Kumppi,

We're going to have to give you the prize for finding our first post release bug.

It should only be half of AGC's fuel being diverted to AGS (assuming all of 2 PG is in AGS) but you're correct that it's currently the full amount. Hoth has a right to be unhappy with the situation

A few late changes were made in that area of the code. We're going to wait a little bit to see what else shakes out of the tree and then roll out a patch to sort out this and a few other niggles.

In the meantime the bug is specific to AGC Panzergruppe reassignments only (2 & 3 PG's).

To get yourself out of a pickle you could order Guderian back to AGC. If he's close to the border you could shift half of his fast divisions back over for a turn (the amount of fuel diverted is proportional to the number of fast div's in the adjacent theatre) to top up the AGC pool for Hoth.

Even better would be to simply move 2nd PG HQ back over the border itself as fuel will only be diverted to the adjacent theatre once the PG HQ has crossed over (this gives you a measure of control over fuel allocations during reassignments).

If you check the manual, 6.1.6.16 Reassigning Panzergruppes, explains how it works.

Another option is to order the Luftwaffe to make an emergency aerial fuel resupply to Hoth provided he's within reasonable range of the AGC airbase (over ten hexes it's probably not worth it). Lastly if it's fairly quiet where Hoth is you could take the opportunity to have him conduct a Rest and Refit (action card) but I'd only do this if he has a reasonable number of broken down panzers and halftracks (check the tool tip in the Panzergruppe tab down the bottom - the one in Hoth's pic).

Cheers,
Cameron

Kumppi -> RE: AGS taking all AGC fuel (11/27/2015 1:53:50 AM)

I hope the prize is a cookie which I will then pass on to Hoth. That should make him happy while Guderian drives back north.

zakblood -> RE: AGS taking all AGC fuel (11/27/2015 5:17:34 AM)

well done and spotted, now go win the war soldier [:D][;)] or at least loose it in style, fuel will always be an issue if you move them or not tbh, and when winter comes, well you know the rest, wouldn't matter if you had enough to bathe in, if you can't move, fuel matters little then, when the cold bites.

i always found it hard to believe that they didn't listen to history more, as if Napoleon failed, how did they expect to do any better without correcting first his mistakes? [:-]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI