ww2-german-mine-blown-up-by-royal-navy-in-the-solent (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Zorch -> ww2-german-mine-blown-up-by-royal-navy-in-the-solent (11/28/2015 5:31:58 PM)

'Experts from the Royal Navy have managed to destroy a Second World War German mine in the ocean.

Footage released by the Royal Navy shows the explosion sent a huge plume of dirty water almost 1,000ft into the air.

The mine was found on the seabed of the the Solent, just a mile off Southsea, near Portsmouth, on Thursday. A crane barge made the discovery whilst dredging along the seabed.

The Royal Navy moved the bomb to open waters off Bembridge, on the Isle of Wight. Here, the team detonated the bomb in controlled conditions.'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ww2-german-mine-blown-up-by-royal-navy-in-the-solent-a6752471.html

Dili -> RE: ww2-german-mine-blown-up-by-royal-navy-in-the-solent (11/29/2015 1:05:03 AM)

Big mine.

Itdepends -> RE: ww2-german-mine-blown-up-by-royal-navy-in-the-solent (11/29/2015 9:23:43 AM)

Mine?

[image]local://upfiles/19046/9CC04106DA8F43A2888B764BF512499C.gif[/image]

IslandInland -> RE: ww2-german-mine-blown-up-by-royal-navy-in-the-solent (11/29/2015 6:03:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

'Experts from the Royal Navy have managed to destroy a Second World War German mine in the ocean.

Footage released by the Royal Navy shows the explosion sent a huge plume of dirty water almost 1,000ft into the air.

The mine was found on the seabed of the the Solent, just a mile off Southsea, near Portsmouth, on Thursday. A crane barge made the discovery whilst dredging along the seabed.

The Royal Navy moved the bomb to open waters off Bembridge, on the Isle of Wight. Here, the team detonated the bomb in controlled conditions.'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ww2-german-mine-blown-up-by-royal-navy-in-the-solent-a6752471.html

A very graphic demonstration of the damage these things could do. Also a great video. [8D]

Mistmatz -> RE: ww2-german-mine-blown-up-by-royal-navy-in-the-solent (12/1/2015 12:53:29 AM)

Five... Four... Boom.

Clearly something is wrong with the audio... [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI