Issue with space key in combat window (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa

gunnergoz -> Issue with space key in combat window (11/30/2015 7:44:56 AM)

I've gotten used to using the space key as a sort of escape key for most map functions related to movement in particular, however I've been smacked two or three times by the fact that when I'm assessing a potential battle and I need to cancel/back out of the attack setup window, I cannot use the space key to do so because the space key actually executes the battle. Any way this can be addressed?

willgamer -> RE: Issue with space key in combat window (11/30/2015 12:51:42 PM)

I'm tripped over this more times than any other ui quirk.

Please make the space bar consistently = escape.

[sm=Christo_pull_hair.gif]

lancer -> RE: Issue with space key in combat window (11/30/2015 9:31:34 PM)

Hi,

The space bar is designed to be a confirmation action as in 'yes I want to do this'.

However it's the ESC key which is for backing out as in 'no, I don't want to do this'.

The space bar doubles up as an ESC key in movement as it's a high frequency action. We could disable this ability to be consistent but it's a handy one to have.

If you think of SPACE as 'YES' and ESC as 'NO' you shouldn't have any problems.

Cheers,
Cameron

gunnergoz -> RE: Issue with space key in combat window (11/30/2015 9:49:14 PM)

Thanks for your reply, Cameron. I get the convenience of the SPACE=ESC for movement but I'm one of those guys...you know the type: "Consistency is the bane of small minds." I think of the enter key as YES and the ESC as no so this SPACE=yes is a new twist. I can live with it but it will continue to bite me during late night games when I get into my groggy trance state and forget I'm not in movement mode. :)

Franciscus -> RE: Issue with space key in combat window (11/30/2015 9:55:03 PM)

Is it not possible to give us the option to remap keys ?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI