This gem of a game demands more expansions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa

gunnergoz -> This gem of a game demands more expansions (12/3/2015 2:51:55 PM)

I've said it before, but I'll happily say it again: this unique approach to war gaming by simulating operational command using historical personalities, relationships, events, decisions, etc, really deserves to be applied to more scenarios. The one I'm thinking about specifically is of course the Western campaign from Normandy to the Reich, given that so many of the historical figures had well-known points of friction and disagreement that led to thorny choices having to be made that altered the course of the war - and history for that matter. You have created a simulation mechanism in this game that is ideally suited to portray that period of the war and probably many others as well. I realize there is only so much that two guys can accomplish, but perhaps it will soon be time to think about a Kickstarter to fund development of a successor game with even more great innovations.

Templer_12 -> Vote for the rest of the eastern campaign (12/3/2015 3:35:45 PM)

If I may vote, I vote for the rest of the eastern campaign. Strait to may 8th 1945!

TheGreatRadish -> RE: Vote for the rest of the eastern campaign (12/3/2015 4:29:32 PM)

Another for the West here - play as Eisenhower trying to satisfy Churchill/FDR whilst dealing with the squabbling kids below. Perfect for this system.

AZKGungHo -> RE: Vote for the rest of the eastern campaign (12/3/2015 4:36:24 PM)

Besides all of those, and Africa as well with Rommel's fighting with everyone. How about the Pacific? Not only the US side but on the Japanese side those wanting the Banzai charges vs those wanting the prolonged defense? I think the ideas this system is promoting has all kind of fascinating applications.

mantrain -> RE: Vote for the rest of the eastern campaign (12/3/2015 5:01:11 PM)

At some point if there are expansions then presumably air power will go beyond abstraction....

budd -> RE: Vote for the rest of the eastern campaign (12/3/2015 5:53:13 PM)

Continue in the east, some of the stuff is done already. We'd get it sooner[:D]

wodin -> RE: Vote for the rest of the eastern campaign (12/3/2015 6:02:41 PM)

WW1 would superbly well more so even than WW2 I think. I'd also love to see this down to company scale aswell.

Kronolog -> RE: Vote for the rest of the eastern campaign (12/3/2015 6:29:52 PM)

I would like to see a continuation of the camapign into 1942. Though I'd be happy with anything; the mechanics of this game are simply to brilliant not to introduce new operations. Hopefully it'll will sell well enough that further development becomes a possibility.

wodin -> RE: Vote for the rest of the eastern campaign (12/3/2015 7:05:53 PM)

Really I just want all my favourite Wars, Theaters and scale given the DC:B treatment.

Templer_12 -> RE: Vote for the rest of the eastern campaign (12/3/2015 7:33:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: **budd**

Continue in the east, some of the stuff is done already. We'd get it sooner[:D]

Precisely.

Don’t stop on half way. You started the Eastern campaign, now end it.
Don’t stop until in Berlin, the last man switch off the lights in the Führerbunker!

-> The Führerbunker

battlevonwar -> RE: This gem of a game demands more expansions (12/3/2015 8:04:05 PM)

I bought this game cause I examined the aspect of Command and Decision Making that is sometimes found in existing war games but never on the Eastern Front quite like this(that I am aware of) The Whole fun part to me are the huge pitched battles that impact not just the scenario but the war. Tactical Brilliance that shines upon Strategic Brilliance. Since the Scope of this game can easily cover both don't lose sight of the latter.

One portion I feel missing though is the full campaign. Since the game is built, finish the car. I find getting caught down in details and missing the strategic scope can destroy a game. The right details are what are important not just for historical feel, but for game play and fun. (fun is far more important than history, no way you're recreating history with today's tech, maybe in 50 years)

Surface -> RE: This gem of a game demands more expansions (12/3/2015 9:02:43 PM)

ACW
ACW
ACW

gunnergoz -> RE: This gem of a game demands more expansions (12/3/2015 9:21:43 PM)

My vote:
1. WW2 West front/Normandy to the Rhine
2. Finish WW2 Eastern front
3. WW2 Italian front
4. WW2 War in North Africa
5. WW1 start to finish, perhaps in modules
6. WW2 Pacific also broken down as necessary
7. Korean War 1950-53
8. Now that Surface mentioned it, an American Civil War variation sounds good too.

All of the above would, I think, work well using this DC3 model as a basis.

You guys have a lot of work ahead of you but you probably will be crying all the way to the bank by the end of it because I for one would buy every darn one of these. :)

AstroCat -> RE: This gem of a game demands more expansions (12/3/2015 10:29:53 PM)

Great list... I'm all for it!

My top 4, although maybe East Front finish before West...

1. WW2 West front/Normandy to the Rhine
2. Finish WW2 Eastern front
3. WW2 Italian front
4. WW2 War in North Africa

Templer_12 -> RE: This gem of a game demands more expansions (12/4/2015 10:22:31 AM)

What will be added, added quickly, certainly depends on the resources (documents, time, money, manpower).
Therefore a fast expansion, an extension of the Eastern Front should be the first choice.
I hope we will see Tiger and Panther Panzer in the extension, and no excuses on this!?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI