[FIXED v1.10] USS Zumwalt at sea! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

Dysta -> [FIXED v1.10] USS Zumwalt at sea! (12/13/2015 2:29:35 PM)

I also wonder what kind of deck guns the first Zumwalt will use? Will it be 2 155mm guns as planned, or one with 57mm for low value threat and anti-missile defense?

ppitm -> RE: USS Zumwalt at sea! (12/13/2015 3:56:05 PM)

Based on the CMANO database, I can't really tell what the purpose of the Zumwalt is.

A Bear's maritime surveillance radar can detect (but not identify) her at about 80% max range.

In the default loadout she carries a modest number of Tomahawks with an air defense capability still well below a Ticonderoga, in terms of magazine capacity. So remind me why she's 400' long? Is the idea to pack a lot more Tomahawks and anti-surface missiles in those cells at some point? Does the low crew complement compensate for the huge expense of the hull?

Dimitris -> RE: USS Zumwalt at sea! (12/13/2015 4:49:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ppitm
A Bear's maritime surveillance radar can detect (but not identify) her at about 80% max range.

That doesn't sound right. Save file?

ComDev -> RE: USS Zumwalt at sea! (12/13/2015 4:49:58 PM)

Could you please post a savegame showing the Bear detecting the Zumwalt? Are you using the latest database and version of the sim?

ppitm -> RE: USS Zumwalt at sea! (12/13/2015 7:11:42 PM)

I haven't downloaded the latest version from this week, and wasn't aware of any database updates that were necessary. I will update and work on a new savefile, though.

A Sovremenny-class can also detect Zumwalt as a skunk from max range of its surface search radar. And that's from the bow, not the broadside. But none of these radars can assess the size or shape of the skunk. Zumwalt does look like a fishing boat.

Edit: Using Database version 440.

ppitm -> RE: USS Zumwalt at sea! (12/13/2015 7:40:15 PM)

I would love to help, but I gave up.

Maybe I'll remember to post the savefile in 7 days when this forum allows me to post links. Of course I can't upload the file directly because the forum doesn't accept CMANO's savefiles. (No one has 7zip on their computers anymore, guys. The 21st century uses WinRAR.)

Unless the testers have an email address or savefiles can be read in Notepad, the eager-beaver forum security wins; I lose.

mikmykWS -> RE: USS Zumwalt at sea! (12/13/2015 8:00:42 PM)

quote:

Maybe I'll remember to post the savefile in 7 days when this forum allows me to post links. Of course I can't upload the file directly because the forum doesn't accept CMANO's savefiles. (No one has 7zip on their computers anymore, guys. The 21st century uses WinRAR.)

Unless the testers have an email address or savefiles can be read in Notepad, the eager-beaver forum security wins; I lose.

Oh boo hoo. Nobody cares about your obnoxious little snipes.

You can just mail it too if you're not too advanced for email.

bostonmyk @ gmail. com.

Thanks!

ppitm -> RE: USS Zumwalt at sea! (12/13/2015 9:19:12 PM)

After lurking for so long, it still astounds me how often you guys manage to be assholes. Hopefully the devs eventually find someone who understands community management and forum software. Fix the attachment filetypes or allow links. It's not hard.

Usually when you try to help a dev team out by doing their job for them, they don't react with so much suspicion and spite.

stilesw -> RE: USS Zumwalt at sea! (12/13/2015 9:43:50 PM)

Oh come on! Touched a nerve eh? Man up, get your big boy pants on and try to contribute instead of whining! Or better, fall back on the old "you don't help me so I'm not going to play this game anymore" routine!

mikmykWS -> RE: USS Zumwalt at sea! (12/13/2015 10:33:17 PM)

quote:

After lurking for so long, it still astounds me how often you guys manage to be assholes. Hopefully the devs eventually find someone who understands community management and forum software. Fix the attachment filetypes or allow links. It's not hard.

We can't we don't own the site. I don't care what you think about managing forums. I care about producing a good product and taking care of serious customers.

Forums are just one tool we use and this day and age people recognize that despite that its also a tool for anonymous cowards to troll devs and waste everybody's time. Please don't.

If you have an issue just report it and providing files will help us get to a solution quicker. We definitely appreciate the help when you do. If you just want to take shots at us we aren't going to be nice. I don't care what you think about that.

quote:

Usually when you try to help a dev team out by doing their job for them, they don't react with so much suspicion and spite.

You're not trying to help. Everybody sees that.

Thanks!

Mike

gdir -> RE: USS Zumwalt at sea! (12/14/2015 3:27:47 AM)

quote:

What's the problem? Just zip the save file before loading it up. At least the last five Windows versions (Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10) have built-in support for zip files in the Windows Explorer. No need for third party tools. If you prefer WinRAR, that's ok, because it can an read and write zip files as well.

Schr75 -> RE: USS Zumwalt at sea! (12/14/2015 5:10:39 PM)

Hi Devs

Apparantly it was to hard for him to use winzip, so here it is.

A very quick scen. Just run as side b, and after a short while the Bear will detect the Zumwalt at a distance of aprox. 192nm.

I´m running v.757.12 and DB v.440

Hope this is use full.

S

ComDev -> RE: USS Zumwalt at sea! (12/14/2015 7:38:08 PM)

Thanks Søren [:D]

Seems there was a merge error in the clutter model. The grazing angle wasn't computed correctly in a very specific edge case. Fixed now.

mikmykWS -> RE: USS Zumwalt at sea! (12/14/2015 7:52:31 PM)

Save file posted. Issue solved in a day.

Thanks!

Mike

ComDev -> RE: USS Zumwalt at sea! (12/15/2015 5:03:32 AM)

Shouldn't that say "Save file posted. Issue solved in 2.5 hrs" ? [:D]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI