RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Kayoz -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/25/2015 6:47:39 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blabsawaw22

Just discussed this in my last post.. CrowdFunding is just one example, Steam Early Access is another..etc..

If finding funding for a game were that easy, then we'd see far more crowd-funded games. It isn't.

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kayoz
I would hope that humanity comes together in a unified confederation, free of borders, hate and prejudice. I think I'm more likely to see what I want than you.

Uh..? actually my hope of a game company making a better game is pretty more likely.. have you seen the news? Israel, France, etc. ha..

No, you wrote - "adding resources to make a good game multiplayer wouldn't really affect the developers from making a great singleplayer game". Budgets are limited. Everything you add somewhere has to be paid out of the development budget from somewhere else. What you are suggesting would require more money. In a perfect world with limitless development resources, then yes - it could happen. But that's not the world we live in.

quote:

Again I "discussed" the funding aspect.. there are many ways to market and make money in 2015 to gain "resources"

From a business perspective, the "ideas" you offered are as good as spending your budget on lottery tickets.

quote:

Don't pretend like you don't know how companies are run and what they are after.. You know as well as I that is how the world works. Money. It's pretty simple. I'm pretty sure Matrix isn't run by some rich wealth gamer trying to give out to the public for free and the better good of humanity.. But they do make great games yes.

Is this an attempt to sound intelligent? Pointing out the obvious capitalistic interests of Matrix is hardly an earth-shattering epiphany.

quote:

Perhaps he means the quality, as a F-16 built in Taiwan may have more problems with their fuel injectors or become jammed more easily compared to whatever they make in Turkey's F-16's.. I doubt planes is a good example to use. but I'm sure that's where he was going..

Neither Taiwan nor Turkey build F-16s, as far as I am aware of.

quote:

The whole point of this, by the way, is I love playing Distant Worlds and anything more on top of the "singleplayer" game would just be more icing on the cake..

A low priority in my book. I'd rather they spent their dev resources on the game's stability, optimization and AI - and leave multiplayer for if/when the DW franchise gains a wider market. I don't live in a world of limitless money for game development. They have to do the best they can with quite limited resources.

Chris21wen -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/25/2015 7:18:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Retreat1970

quote:

Everybody has a choice, mine is I don't play multiplayer and/or real time games. Your choice seems to be you do. If I'm correct then go play them and leave us single game players to enjoy the games we enjoy.

This is a real time (Though you can pause) game. This isn't just YOUR game, it's MY game too, and I thought it would be neat to have the OPTION to play against other people. No one is forcing multiplayer on anyone. I own a lot of games that are single player, and that's how I play them, but guess what... the games have multiplayer too. It's nice to have another OPTION to play, don't you think? This game running multiplayer will not hurt your way of playing at all, so why the big uproar?

Not if you can pause it it's not to the extent you can pause this game thank goodness or I would not be playing it.

I don't have a problem with an option, I have a problem with being told the game will be improved, to me it will not be and is much more likely to be ruined as less development will go into creating a viable AI. I never said your or my and I never used capitals so please do not do so in response to a perfectly valid argument.

Oh! and a Merry Christmas.

Ranbir -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/25/2015 10:58:29 AM)

I think there are enough mp focused 4x games: and look how far their depth factor is barred by needing to be competitive.

To have a heavy sp only simulation niche that DW fills is great and I hope it is filled again in 2 with focus on refining and evolving all the features that DW:Universe has. MP will require a lot of manpower hours and I don't think it will be worth it for a small % to have that option. Other big 4x games are demonstrative of this.

Blabsawaw22 -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/25/2015 2:33:14 PM)

Kayoz. It's not worth responding to most of your answers.. However I'll just leave you with the "real world".

https://www.indiegogo.com/explore/gaming#/browse/most_funded

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_crowdfunding_projects

$3,000,000 for MegaMan Kayoz.. 3 million... and Mega-Man..
https://www.kickstarter.com/discover/categories/games/video%20games?ref=category_modal&sort=most_funded

and there is about 10 more websites of CrowdFunding..

Good Day,

Merry Christmas

Retreat1970 -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/25/2015 2:35:11 PM)

quote:

I don't have a problem with an option, I have a problem with being told the game will be improved, to me it will not be and is much more likely to be ruined as less development will go into creating a viable AI.

100% of current and past development went into the AI, diplomacy, etc... and while much improved, it still falls short. Therefore, to argue DW2 will have a great AI, Diplomacy, etc... with 100% development attention isn't valid.

Oh, and merry x-mas too. Can't wait to see the grandkids.

Osito -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/25/2015 3:23:24 PM)

Kayoz? Kayoz? Is that really you, man?

/em Pokes Kayoz really hard in face with finger.

Is it really you?

Have I ever seen you arguing in such a restrained manner before (not complaining though - and your points are as good as they always were)?

Whatever, merry Xmas to you, and everyone else.

Osito

Retreat1970 -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/25/2015 3:28:04 PM)

quote:

I'd rather they spent their dev resources on the game's stability, optimization and AI

Read my last post.

Pirate play. I don't play it (well a few times). I'd rather they spent their dev resources on the game's stability, optimization and AI.
But they didn't, and i'm glad I have the option to play a pirate someday.

Ancient galaxy. Played a few times. I'd rather they spent their dev resources on the game's stability, optimization and AI.
But they didn't, and i'm glad I have the option to play the ancient galaxy someday.

Return/ Shakturi. played a lot but I'd rather they spent their dev resources on the game's stability, optimization and AI.
But they didn't, and i'm glad I have the option to play vs Shakturi.

Kayoz -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/25/2015 4:34:45 PM)

quote:

Kayoz. It's not worth responding to most of your answers.. However I'll just leave you with the "real world".

Without figures on the failed funding attempts, the numbers are meaningless.

You might as point to all the lottery winners as a sign of the success of buying a lottery ticket as a means of economic advancement.

You are trying to present a dust mote of the story as the entirety. If you had more imagination, I would call it lying.

Kayoz -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/25/2015 5:06:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Osito

Kayoz? Kayoz? Is that really you, man?

/em Pokes Kayoz really hard in face with finger.

Stop that!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Osito
Is it really you?

Have I ever seen you arguing in such a restrained manner before (not complaining though - and your points are as good as they always were)?

For a given quantity of "me".

You make it sound like I'm usually obstreperous and/or caustic in my comments of bad ideas. Am I not always positive and maintain a friendly, engaging manner? I thought so....

quote:

quote:

I'd rather they spent their dev resources on the game's stability, optimization and AI

Read my last post.

Pirate play. I don't play it (well a few times). I'd rather they spent their dev resources on the game's stability, optimization and AI.
But they didn't, and i'm glad I have the option to play a pirate someday.

Ancient galaxy. Played a few times. I'd rather they spent their dev resources on the game's stability, optimization and AI.
But they didn't, and i'm glad I have the option to play the ancient galaxy someday.

Return/ Shakturi. played a lot but I'd rather they spent their dev resources on the game's stability, optimization and AI.
But they didn't, and i'm glad I have the option to play vs Shakturi.

You might note that all these developments came AFTER they had worked out the major defects in DW's stability, optimization and AI.

Kayoz -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/25/2015 5:20:23 PM)

quote:

Real world:
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/195733/When_crowdfunding_reveals_the_realities_of_game_dev_budgets.php

Retreat1970 -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/25/2015 5:48:18 PM)

This thread gives me a headache. I'm out.

I hope everyone has a good holiday season.

I want to take my Grandson to see Star Wars, but he's only 6. Is that too young? I remember my Mother taking me to Star Wars when I was 7, and it was awesome.

Kayoz -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/25/2015 6:19:26 PM)

quote:

This thread gives me a headache. I'm out.

I hope everyone has a good holiday season.

I want to take my Grandson to see Star Wars, but he's only 6. Is that too young? I remember my Mother taking me to Star Wars when I was 7, and it was awesome.

Take him.

Retreat1970 -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/25/2015 6:42:39 PM)

Thanks. I don't know anyone that has seen it, and I just wanted to be sure it's kid safe. I can't wait myself.

Kayoz -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/25/2015 7:35:46 PM)

quote:

Thanks. I don't know anyone that has seen it, and I just wanted to be sure it's kid safe. I can't wait myself.

I'd say it's about on the same level as the original Star Wars, where non-kiddie material is concerned.

Blabsawaw22 -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/25/2015 7:45:20 PM)

quote:

Real world:
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/195733/When_crowdfunding_reveals_the_realities_of_game_dev_budgets.php

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kayoz,

Thank you for the Christmas present of giving me an article written in 2013.

That article was about how companies don't know what to do when such big budgets hit their plate. Oh my terrible.. (I'm sure Matrix would ruin the singleplayer game due to stress of crowdfunding right?) The only other aspect of that article was about how fans that donate have expectations and companies are worried that they won't deliver..

Distant Worlds 1 already delivered.. adding multiplayer is the debate here buddy. DW2 is a new game and should deliver new concepts and features, yes, while building on their original structure and purpose of a 4x space game with a private sector..

Nowhere does this article support you in the debate we are having about how Matrix can get the "resources" and support to add to it's single player developed game..

More proof in the Article you decided to show:
quote:

Independent games creator Deirdra Kiai has twice successfully crowdfunded and delivered games:
"Since I work alone, I manage a team of one...

Is Matrix a team of "one"? Does the Developer work alone? I actually don't know, but I assume he doesn't.

If you actually paid attention to my posts, they did give Real World examples in 2015, Not an article written in 2013 about how crowdfunding actually works and just is in it's building stages..

Retreat1970 hit the nail on the head with his earlier posts as well.

The only thing that could "ruin" the "singleplayer" game of DW2 is if the Developer "chooses" to go different routes than our "expectations"

for some reason people think adding multiplayer causes this?

Time to eat! (looking at my new Strauss expensive watch I just got for Christmas!)

Retreat1970 -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/25/2015 7:53:51 PM)

quote:

Time to eat! (looking at my new Strauss expensive watch I just got for Christmas!)

Congrats! Stuff yourself good. I know I will.

ASHBERY76 -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/25/2015 7:54:51 PM)

Back to topic.

1.Rework the diplomacy.Look at EU4 and copy it.War goals,reasons for war,war wariness effect should be copied from EU.
2.Make factions more unique.All the factions play the same.Different races should have different mechanics.Hive Bugs using tourism seems wrong.
3.Resources more varied and important.I find these do not really matter that much after the start.More varied effects than just happiness is needed too.
4.More living universe.Internal politics,more space monsters,more events.It feels like these were not improved after the vanilla release.Massive waste.
5.Non linear tech trees.DW vanilla had a very interesting design which was just changed into a boring linear tree.
6.No multiplayer.Do not compromise the design for less 1% of the playerbase.Nobody plays MP strategy games unless they are called StarCraft2.

Guardian54 -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/25/2015 8:03:56 PM)

I am vaguely amazed no one thought to quote/reply/discuss with me my proposal for how 3D orientation mechanics would work and isntead this whole thread is a free-for-all about multiplayer...

Retreat1970 -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/25/2015 8:36:43 PM)

quote:

6.No multiplayer.Do not compromise the design for less 1% of the playerbase.Nobody plays MP strategy games unless they are called StarCraft2.

Lol. Facts? Speculation? You're right, multiplayer is dumb.

quote:

I am vaguely amazed no one thought to quote/reply/discuss with me my proposal for how 3D orientation mechanics would work and isntead this whole thread is a free-for-all about multiplayer...

3D would be interesting, but I don't know how it would work. Seems like it would be clumsy. 3D but on a fixed plane could possibly work.

Kayoz -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/25/2015 9:13:54 PM)

quote:

Thank you for the Christmas present of giving me an article written in 2013.

Yes, there have been so many changes in the computer game industry and Kickstarter that it's entirely irrelevant. Of course, how obvious. I assume you're a fan of "new math", "new science" and "new economics"?

quote:

That article was about how companies don't know what to do when such big budgets hit their plate. Oh my terrible.. (I'm sure Matrix would ruin the singleplayer game due to stress of crowdfunding right?) The only other aspect of that article was about how fans that donate have expectations and companies are worried that they won't deliver..

I had hoped that you'd see that throwing more money at a project doesn't result in a linear progression of gains. As a project grows, it gains more inertia - and as such, adding a multiplayer element to DW2 wouldn't be nearly as trivial in terms of budget and overall project complexity, as you seem to think.

quote:

Distant Worlds 1 already delivered.. adding multiplayer is the debate here buddy. DW2 is a new game and should deliver new concepts and features, yes, while building on their original structure and purpose of a 4x space game with a private sector..

Unless Elliot has already designed that as a feature of DW2, this is a pointless discussion. DW2 is being developed. Adding it to the existing design would be like adding wings to a Lada.

quote:

Nowhere does this article support you in the debate we are having about how Matrix can get the "resources" and support to add to it's single player developed game..

It's clear that you've never dealt with project budgets or discussed such a concept with venture capitalists. Only when you actually go out and do it for yourself, will you gain an iota of understanding.

With that said, since it's such a simple matter to get oodles of wonga, why don't you do it? After all, it's a trivial matter to collect millions from crowd-funding sites. So why don't you do it yourself and not wait for Matrix to sort it out?

quote:

More proof in the Article you decided to show:
quote:

Independent games creator Deirdra Kiai has twice successfully crowdfunded and delivered games:
"Since I work alone, I manage a team of one...

Is Matrix a team of "one"? Does the Developer work alone? I actually don't know, but I assume he doesn't.

No idea. Erik has always been somewhat obtuse whenever that subject comes up. It would depend on how you calculate it. Do you include the support staff - the accountants at Matrix, the sales and marketing bods, the contractors working on music and graphics, the hired guns brought in for optimization and specific tasks? Matrix doesn't seem to run the development of their titles in the typical office environment, so the number is very dependent on how one counts.

quote:

If you actually paid attention to my posts, they did give Real World examples

As I noted - without any metrics on the crowd-funded failures, your examples are meaningless. Kickstarter's history is littered with game dev failures. Failures to meet funding goals, failure to deliver on promises, or simple cases of people buggering off with the money.

quote:

Retreat1970 hit the nail on the head with his earlier posts as well.

The only thing that could "ruin" the "singleplayer" game of DW2 is if the Developer "chooses" to go different routes than our "expectations"

for some reason people think adding multiplayer causes this?

Re: Adding multiplayer:
One word: BUDGET

As for routes, DW has found a market niche. If DW2 does not address the desires of that niche, then they are, in essence, starting an entirely new project. That would be idiotic. I'll give Erik more credit for his marketing IQ than that.

Guardian54 -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/26/2015 1:22:20 AM)

quote:

quote:

3D would be interesting, but I don't know how it would work. Seems like it would be clumsy. 3D but on a fixed plane could possibly work.

3D on a fixed plane doesn't solve the fac tthat in an Elliptical galaxy stars and nebulae are orbiting the black hole every which way, which means, well, ecliptic orientations will all be planes through the galactic core and the direction of the particular star's orbit, and that's it.

This means that my homeworld could have a perpendicular ecliptic (plane through which almost all planets and asteroids orbit) relative to one of my colonies. Whiel teh computer can model this well enough I'm concerned about the UI, so I'm suggesting a "Homeworld Ecliptic" until double-clicking on a system, after which zooming in on it (or zooming down toward it rather) would only focus on the system and not zoom further than its plane (highlighting a system basically). Normally zooming functions the same as page up/page down in that it pulls the view forward/back, but not if you highlighted a system already.

You can also disable "system ecliptic" adjustments but then zooming in may find you having to offset slightly to actually be able to select objects in the system hidden by closer objects (e.g. the star occludes some planet you are interested in).

Icemania -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/26/2015 2:30:22 AM)

quote:

quote:

I'd say it's about on the same level as the original Star Wars, where non-kiddie material is concerned.

Agree with Kayoz just took my recently turned 7 year old and all good. Of course, I had to go earlier and check out the suitability beforehand (which to be honest was more an excuse to make sure I saw it again)!

Blabsawaw22 -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/26/2015 4:14:12 AM)

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

This is my last post on Multiplayer with Distant Worlds, I Promise.

Had a good laugh at this one too.. not the highly regarded counterpoise I expect of the "Kayoz" from the past that I've heard about on these forums..

Why is a fact, that games make a ton of money from crowdfunding today in 2015, "irrelevant"?

Why do you need to see some mathematical statistics on the "failures" of crowdfunding when it's clearly right in front of you that Distant Worlds wouldn't fail anyway.

Some of the "failures" you must be speaking of, are complete new, first-time games, of unknown artists, and some ridiculous concept that people obviously don't care to help make. And Distant Worlds wouldn't ever fall into that category.

And if I show you 10 or more games that somehow "failed" -(whatever that means as you don't "fail" in crowdfunding, you can try as many times as you want - It's not like the game stops development in this specific scenario) What will showing you the 10 or more games prove? 10 or more games that have absolutely no relevance or are even in the same category as Distant Worlds. How does this help you in your complete mutilation of the substantial, authentic Reality that CrowdFunding works for a lot of games that are popular and works because people are interested in helping to fund it.

Is there some inkling that you have, that Distant Worlds 2 would somehow "fail" in crowdfunding? Why do continue to attempt to dilute the popularity of DW2? It is popular and will receive many donations once they show videos of whatever it is they are creating. We know this because Distant Worlds 1 was a success as well as look at how popular space games are in the market. (Eve "Online", Star Citizen, Star Nomad 2, GC3, Endless Space, Stelsaris, X-Rebirth, Sins Solar Empire, StarDrive 2 etc.. isn't it funny how many of these games have multiplayer?!)

Your lack of belief in innovation, Modernization, and just the Matrix team to be able to handle incorporating Standard Network Protocol into a 2D game, is Perplexing to say the least. (assuming DW2 is still 2D.)

On the note of why I don't crowdfund myself since It's sooo "simple" :

Did it ever once occur to you to that I have other elements in my life that I attend to? I purely and simply enjoy playing games that others make..

For Example, Why doesn't a Plumber who goes out to eat to enjoy food, also go to culinary school to make Aspic of slow-simmered veal with crisp sweetbreads and black trumpet mushrooms? Because they chose to be a plumber and they just want to enjoy food and let others make it..

It is the life of a Developer/Game Company to deal with all the aspects involved with producing whatever it is they wish to create. I'll leave the "simple" crowdfunding account they setup in 2 clicks, to Matrix.

I enjoy what others create. Simply put, I have my own life going on, and things I'm already more involved with.

On the Basis that Distant Worlds 2 would somehow be ruined, because of multiplayer, is a repulsive, abominable phantasm and illusion of your limited, conservative doctrine about Variety, Trust, and Entertainment in the Gaming Community.

Kayoz -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/26/2015 8:17:29 AM)

quote:

Had a good laugh at this one too.. not the highly regarded counterpoise I expect of the "Kayoz" from the past that I've heard about on these forums..

I have no idea what others think/say about me, so I'll just respond to that with a digital shrug.

quote:

Why is a fact, that games make a ton of money from crowdfunding today in 2015, "irrelevant"?

Why do you need to see some mathematical statistics on the "failures" of crowdfunding when it's clearly right in front of you that Distant Worlds wouldn't fail anyway.

Stating the successes without the failures is meaningless. I could point to all the people who got piles of wonga from the lottery, and without looking at the statistics of lotteries, it would paint a less than truthful picture. Apparently this concept is too difficult for you to grasp.

As for DW not being able to fail, you seem to misunderstand the business of strategy games. I suggest that you do some research regarding the demographics and size of the market as compared to other genres. While I applaud Matrix's success with DW, if I were looking at DW as a potential investment, I would be very skittish.

quote:

Some of the "failures" you must be speaking of, are complete new, first-time games, of unknown artists, and some ridiculous concept that people obviously don't care to help make. And Distant Worlds wouldn't ever fall into that category.

The decision whether or not to seek crowd funding is a business decision that someone at Matrix (probably Erik) has to make. He has far more information on the subject than I ever will, so I am not about to second-guess his decision.

quote:

Your lack of belief in innovation, Modernization, and just the Matrix team to be able to handle incorporating Standard Network Protocol into a 2D game, is Perplexing to say the least. (assuming DW2 is still 2D.)

Network protocols is only the beginning of implementing multi-player in a game like DW. It's like hammering a nail into a board and saying, "That was simple. It's a doddle to build a house!". I strongly suggest that you have a read of some game design books. Amazon has several good ones available. Suffice to say that you are vastly over-simplifying the subject.

quote:

On the note of why I don't crowdfund myself since It's sooo "simple" :

Did it ever once occur to you to that I have other elements in my life that I attend to? I purely and simply enjoy playing games that others make..

And yet you feel that you know better than professionals, how they should do their job? Have a little respect for Erik and the Matrix crowd. They didn't get to where they are (entirely) through luck. They have survived in the industry because they know what they're doing, and have surely considered the options where crowd-funding is concerned.

quote:

I'll leave the "simple" crowdfunding account they setup in 2 clicks, to Matrix.

Do you really believe that's all there is to crowd-funding? You might as well describe Mario Andretti as just "some guy who turned a steering wheel". There is far more to it than just two clicks.

Honestly, I'm curious - do you really think it's that simple?

quote:

On the Basis that Distant Worlds 2 would somehow be ruined, because of multiplayer, is a repulsive, abominable phantasm and illusion of your limited, conservative doctrine about Variety, Trust, and Entertainment in the Gaming Community.

I have no idea what sort of budget DW2 has allotted, but MP would be a resource draining distraction unless it's substantially larger than I suspect. I would much rather see a smaller, tighter, well done game - and one that's cobbled together from the sticky notes of the sales reps who follow reddit posts for what they think is "hot" in gaming.

Blabsawaw22 -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/26/2015 9:24:49 PM)

Kayoz,

I see talking with you is as useful as a Screen door on a Submarine.. ha

[image]local://upfiles/50589/4E1CAA293379448899126AF8C47E568C.jpg[/image]

Kayoz -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/26/2015 9:55:03 PM)

quote:

I see talking with you is as useful as a Screen door on a Submarine.. ha

Since you like analogies - I'll stick with the tried and true "chocolate kettle" for the usefulness of discussions with you.

Funnily enough, I find discussion with you reminds me of chats I've had with religious fanatics. You assert everything while offering nothing for evidence. Any unknown, you see as strengthening your position, rather than stopping to think that it might be a little more complicated than you first surmised.

But it seems you're intent on trying to start a flame war. So, I'll just remind you to eat your veggies and when you grow up, it won't seem so bad.

[image]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/75/80/65/7580650e87519f49b30c4bfd657becf3.jpg[/image]

Retreat1970 -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/26/2015 10:30:29 PM)

quote:

You assert everything while offering nothing for evidence.

I think both sides of the MP debate does this as well. If there's MP, great. If not, great. I'll still buy it either way.

Blabsawaw22 -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/26/2015 11:14:20 PM)

yes, Like I said, useless..

I've given evidence that crowdfunding works in 2015 and could allow the "resources" matrix needs to incorporate standard Multiplayer protocols that have been around for more than 15 years.

In no way is this somehow related to discussions you've had with religious fanatics, as you say, they don't give you Evidence, but I have.

Yeah, don't forget to Eat Breakfast, Stay Hydrated, and take Ginseng every morning there too buddy.

Icemania -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/26/2015 11:46:41 PM)

Blabsawaw22 & Kayoz:

I'd suggest that this conversation isn't going to lead to anything productive and so might be worth calling it a day. If you continue please keep in mind the thread is being monitored for compliance with the forum rules.

Cheers,
Ice

HerpInYourDerp -> RE: Suggestions for Distant Worlds 2... (12/27/2015 12:01:25 AM)

The way the game currently works in terms of game mechanics means it's impossible for there to be a viable multiplayer solution. It's got nothing to do with just writing a bit of netcode.
For example, so much of the game occurs in real-time, but nearly all the strategy elements like research, diplomacy, expansion, etc. are completely or almost completely dependent on a UI that's effectively built for a turn-based/play-by-mail system.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI