Win 7 task bar issue (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Wars of Napoleon

Jim D Burns -> Win 7 task bar issue (12/7/2015 10:06:01 PM)

Does anyone know how to prevent the Win 7 task bar from displaying on top of my games? My old PC (it fried and I just bought a new one) ran Win 7 and I had no issues, but this new one has no way to prevent the task bar from staying on top of programs. I've done several searches and haven't found a solution yet. I assume there is one since my old PC worked fine but for the life of me I can't remember what I did to stop it from displaying on top of programs.

The auto-hide helps, but in a case of a game like this one, it is impossible to scroll the map south due to the task bar constantly popping up if I move the mouse near the bottom edge. It's driving me nuts.

Jim

HeinzHarald -> RE: Win 7 task bar issue (12/7/2015 10:22:24 PM)

You may have something running in the background that is stealing focus from the game making Windows notice where your cursor is outside of the game so to speak. Try disabling everything running (anti-virus and such), if that helps try enabling one by one again until you run into trouble.

Ostwindflak -> RE: Win 7 task bar issue (12/8/2015 1:17:05 PM)

Also you may have already done this, but when you go to "settings" on the main game menu (the menu before you hit Play to enter the actual game) there is two options for the screen size. The first one is selected by default which is to run optimized I believe and the second option is to run the game in Full Screen mode. Maybe that would make a difference?

Jim D Burns -> RE: Win 7 task bar issue (12/8/2015 2:29:49 PM)

This appears to be related to the font size setting in Windows. Haven't confirmed it yet, but this morning when I had the font set to 100% and a 1920 x 1080 desktop I went into the game and no task bar issues. I couldn't read anything so I exited turned it up to 150% font 2560 x 1440 desktop and went back in and the task bar was on top. So it might be resolution or font, though I suspect its the font. I'll test more later today after I do a game re-install due to CTD issues.

Jim

Edit: Yep I confirmed it, it's the font size. I can run 125% and not have issues with the task bar, but any larger and the task bar is on top of the program. Can someone with an operating system other than Win 7 Pro (64bit) test it and see if it's unique to this version of windows?

Swapping resolutions had no effect just the font size changed things and it happened under multiple different resolutions including 1920x1080.

Franciscus -> RE: Win 7 task bar issue (12/8/2015 6:29:16 PM)

I have exactly the same issue, and it is indeed related to font size.

As I need to run at least at 125%, one solution is to use a handy little utility called Taskbar Eliminator.

It works

Regards

Jim D Burns -> RE: Win 7 task bar issue (12/8/2015 9:55:12 PM)

Thanks, tried it out, it fixed the issue with the task bar, but it caused scroll issues. I could no longer scroll the screen to the right while the task bar was hidden. Oh well guess I'll have to play this title at 1920x1080 with 125% fonts.

Jim

HeinzHarald -> RE: Win 7 task bar issue (12/8/2015 10:12:03 PM)

That's curious. I'm running 150% in Win10 without such issues.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI