AE Conference? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

John 3rd -> AE Conference? (12/10/2015 3:19:18 PM)

Hello All.

Periodically we have seen Postings of several AE brothers getting together for a chance to meet and greet longtime friends/foes. It always seems that there is a very good time had by the ones getting together. I've often voiced to Canoerebel (Dan) and NYGiants (Michael) the idea of meeting in Nashville for a get together and visiting the Chicamauga Battlefield.

I'd like to throw out the idea of what sort of interest might there be in an AE gathering? I'm thinking of LOTS of social activities, an AFB--JFB meeting, Modders discussions, etc... Would there be enough of us to organize something at a certain time for some serious fun, merriment, and game thinking?

Just throwing this out there...

btd64 -> RE: AE Conference? (12/10/2015 3:39:27 PM)

Depending upon the date, I'm going to be available. And it's just to the south....GP

Lecivius -> RE: AE Conference? (12/10/2015 3:40:30 PM)

I would be interested [8D]

Oberst_Klink -> RE: AE Conference? (12/10/2015 3:55:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Hello All.

Periodically we have seen Postings of several AE brothers getting together for a chance to meet and greet longtime friends/foes. It always seems that there is a very good time had by the ones getting together. I've often voiced to Canoerebel (Dan) and NYGiants (Michael) the idea of meeting in Nashville for a get together and visiting the Chicamauga Battlefield.

I'd like to throw out the idea of what sort of interest might there be in an AE gathering? I'm thinking of LOTS of social activities, an AFB--JFB meeting, Modders discussions, etc... Would there be enough of us to organize something at a certain time for some serious fun, merriment, and game thinking?

Just throwing this out there...

If I were around and about in southern KY or in TN I'd like to join ya's. Chickamauga/Chattanooga National Park would be interesting. Alas, I am a tad too far away atm :) This year I managed to get some lads together in MD.

See thread: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3834209

Klink, Oberst

John 3rd -> RE: AE Conference? (12/10/2015 4:06:59 PM)

I haven't picked a location but just want to see what we might have for serious interest. We see ComiCon and StarCon RIGHT? What about an AECon?

Anachro -> RE: AE Conference? (12/10/2015 4:16:11 PM)

Give me more time to get integrated into the community first! [:D] I'm a huge Civil War buff and have never visited the Chickamauga battlefield. When I was driving up to where I am currently situated (Boston) I passed by Shiloh National Park and sadly did not have the time to visit it. Would love to do another tour.

geofflambert -> RE: AE Conference? (12/10/2015 4:20:20 PM)

Nashville? That's a little too close to home. Expect to receive disrupter fire if you show up there. That Klingon whose empire is there will likely join the attack. You have been warned.

Shiloh is even closer but it's not near an interstate. Murfreesboro (Stones River) is right there too.

Canoerebel -> RE: AE Conference? (12/10/2015 4:44:02 PM)

We should meet in Chattanooga, as that is the center of North America (like Jeruslum is the center of the Middle East and Paris the center of civilization).

I'll be glad to lead tours of Chickamauga Battlefield. I'll even read the surpassingly lovely poetry I've written about the place. [8|] I know this is enticing to you gents.

geofflambert -> RE: AE Conference? (12/10/2015 4:53:32 PM)

Murfreesboro might be the place to have it. Not that there's anything wrong with Nashville (except Nashvillen of course). It has Feable Weiner too. Any musicians out there? We could create a band called Murfree's Burro. That might be a better name for a bar.

btd64 -> RE: AE Conference? (12/10/2015 5:00:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Nashville? That's a little too close to home. Expect to receive disrupter fire if you show up there. That Klingon whose empire is there will likely join the attack. You have been warned.

I believe the 1st Armored could be there in force soon enough and take care of a Gorn and a Klingon fairly easily.[:D]....GP

pontiouspilot -> RE: AE Conference? (12/10/2015 5:17:49 PM)

I vote for Honolulu!!

Anachro -> RE: AE Conference? (12/10/2015 5:22:19 PM)

Going in that direction, I've been thinking about doing a trip to Peleliu for years. We can go together! But I'm not paying for your ticket...

witpqs -> RE: AE Conference? (12/10/2015 6:04:56 PM)

Will Mandrake arrange the entertainment?

Trugrit -> RE: AE Conference? (12/10/2015 6:22:26 PM)

I’m in.

I would suggest Myrtle Beach, SC area for a meet.

For the family:
A fun place with beaches, great seafood, golf, fishing and entertainment.
http://www.visitmyrtlebeach.com/

For us:
1 hour north is the Battleship North Carolina and 1.5 hours south is the carrier Yorktown.
http://www.battleshipnc.com/
http://www.patriotspoint.org/explore_museum/uss_yorktown/

Also the Civil War submarine Hunley and Fort Sumter in Charleston.
http://www.hunley.org/
http://www.nps.gov/fosu/index.htm

fredleander -> RE: AE Conference? (12/10/2015 6:44:07 PM)

I'm in! You said it would be in Bastogne...?

Fred

BBfanboy -> RE: AE Conference? (12/10/2015 7:01:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Will Mandrake arrange the entertainment?

[:D]
I was just thinking we should invite ourselves to Cap Mandrake's place - just to see the expression on the face of the HOA president when we all park on the street ... [:)]

Leandros -> RE: AE Conference? (12/10/2015 7:02:13 PM)

Hi, everyone, please excuse the guy with the previous posting. He is several years beyond retirement and recently had heart surgery that kept him under for so many hours that it did wonders to his (forget what it is called) - oh,yes - memory. Far-off memories are fine - closer ones, not so fine. He has bought so many Matrix games through the years that he forgets which ID's he bought them under.

Anyway, come-togethers' like the one suggested here can be seen quite often on various Forums. The only one I know of that ever came off was one organized by a German Marine Forum. Saw the Type XXI submarine in Wilhelmshafen. Since there seems to be an over-abundance of US members here I suppose we shall never meet in Bastogne. Well, I have been there a couple of times but it's a nice place. Lovely cafees around Place MacAuliffe. And a Sherman tank. Combine it with a visit to Eben Emael, the Bastogne Monument and the Maginot Line. Or the WW1 forts around Liege.

Fred

pontiouspilot -> RE: AE Conference? (12/10/2015 8:18:01 PM)

We can split the difference and make it Vegas...at least there will be something to do when the others turn out to as boring as me!!

Flicker -> RE: AE Conference? (12/10/2015 8:59:48 PM)

Nashville, Murfreesboro, Chattanooga - all have Civil War battlefields and are close enough for me to make it. BTW they all also have craft breweries...

John 3rd -> RE: AE Conference? (12/10/2015 11:58:08 PM)

As a longtime member of the Hunley Society I would LOVE to go to Charleston. LOVE the idea of seeing the North Carolina and Yorktown.

ANY Civil War Battlefield would be wonderful but having the Southern Paddler along means a FREE and wondrous tour of Chicamauga would be incredible. As a person who has personally listened to his silky Shelby Foote-esqe voice, I love to have Dan as our tour guide.

I REALLY want to do this. Had a dream last night that pertained to 20-30 of us getting together. [sm=character0085.gif]Am a great believer in precognition so this was a gentle nudge for something to happen...

Big B -> RE: AE Conference? (12/11/2015 12:06:16 AM)

Oh timing is everything.
I spent most of the last 5 months traveling to North Carolina, but as of Thanksgiving my travel has been to NYC (though much more infrequently).
I wish travel and time would allow - it would be great to meet many of you.... but Cali is a long way away.

wdolson -> RE: AE Conference? (12/11/2015 12:46:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leandros

Hi, everyone, please excuse the guy with the previous posting. He is several years beyond retirement and recently had heart surgery that kept him under for so many hours that it did wonders to his (forget what it is called) - oh,yes - memory. Far-off memories are fine - closer ones, not so fine. He has bought so many Matrix games through the years that he forgets which ID's he bought them under.

Anyway, come-togethers' like the one suggested here can be seen quite often on various Forums. The only one I know of that ever came off was one organized by a German Marine Forum. Saw the Type XXI submarine in Wilhelmshafen. Since there seems to be an over-abundance of US members here I suppose we shall never meet in Bastogne. Well, I have been there a couple of times but it's a nice place. Lovely cafees around Place MacAuliffe. And a Sherman tank. Combine it with a visit to Eben Emael, the Bastogne Monument and the Maginot Line. Or the WW1 forts around Liege.

Fred

I'm in another internet group that has had at least one weekend long get together a year since 1996. Most of the recent ones have been at my house. Getting together with people you met over the internet is great IMO. I've made a lot of pretty good friends that way.

Bill

John 3rd -> RE: AE Conference? (12/11/2015 1:39:19 AM)

Thanks Bill. Sounds like a great success with your other group!

CaptBeefheart -> RE: AE Conference? (12/11/2015 2:17:35 AM)

Maybe us Eastern Hemispherians can meet somewhere like Truk (i.e. Chu'uk). Palau (i.e. Pelilieu) also has some great diving and I know the local brewmaster.

Manila offers some good sightseeing opportunities like Corregidor and Bataan.

Cheers,
CC

Lokasenna -> RE: AE Conference? (12/11/2015 3:20:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leandros

Fred

I'm in another internet group that has had at least one weekend long get together a year since 1996. Most of the recent ones have been at my house. Getting together with people you met over the internet is great IMO. I've made a lot of pretty good friends that way.

Bill

I lived with a guy for 2 years that I had known over the internet for 6 before that. The internet is much maligned for no reason.

I'd be down for.... a web conference [;)].

PaxMondo -> RE: AE Conference? (12/11/2015 11:25:24 AM)

New Orleans - WWII museum is great and NO is a great town.

San Diego - USS Midway, great tour and weather is San Diego is predictably good.

Phoenix - Commemorative Air Force is based there and weather in winter months is great.

Canoerebel -> RE: AE Conference? (12/11/2015 12:22:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

...Had a dream last night that pertained to Canoerebel. In it, he is very handsome, sort of a cross between Stone Philllips and Cary Grant. I am mesmerized by his winsome manner, his bronze visage, and his noble brow. Here, I realize, is a man....

wdolson -> RE: AE Conference? (12/11/2015 1:02:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

New Orleans - WWII museum is great and NO is a great town.

San Diego - USS Midway, great tour and weather is San Diego is predictably good.

Phoenix - Commemorative Air Force is based there and weather in winter months is great.

Chino, CA - 2 huge air museums

I believe the main CAF field is still in Texas, but they have a branch in Arizona.

Lecivius -> RE: AE Conference? (12/11/2015 1:21:56 PM)

I'm game for anything in the Western Hemisphere...as long as I can get the time off...and clear it with the War Department.

Encircled -> RE: AE Conference? (12/11/2015 1:31:04 PM)

If weather is an essential component, then don't come anywhere near Lancaster UK at the moment.

We've been flooded out!

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI