Austerlitz Scenario Randomaly Locked Forces? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Wars of Napoleon

Marcus_Antonius -> Austerlitz Scenario Randomaly Locked Forces? (12/12/2015 4:09:19 PM)

We have been messing around PBEM with the Austerlitz Scenario.

As French I am having forces lock in the course of moving them around. I am familiar with wounded generals being locked while they recover and with forces not being released at start, etc. But never seen anything like this.

Bug?

MorningDew -> RE: Austerlitz Scenario Randomaly Locked Forces? (12/12/2015 9:25:26 PM)

Any chance they are getting merged with other locked forces?

Marcus_Antonius -> RE: Austerlitz Scenario Randomaly Locked Forces? (12/13/2015 3:28:27 PM)

No. Two examples:

I sent Kellerman with a cavalry division to scout on the North bank of the Danube towards Vienna. While still inside Bavaria he gets locked with all his units. Cursor says "will be released in one turn." He was not released the next turn.

I also have a wing of the Army of Italy locked south of Venice. All units have the padlock through them.

I neither of these cases was there a battle involved, and even if a leader was wounded I would expect the leader to be locked alone in a town.

MorningDew -> RE: Austerlitz Scenario Randomaly Locked Forces? (12/13/2015 4:25:05 PM)

I also just had some locked. I am wondering if this is a scripted event associated with one of the historical events.

Arsan -> RE: Austerlitz Scenario Randomaly Locked Forces? (12/13/2015 5:34:31 PM)

Hi!

Are you guys using one of the hardest activacion rule options?
On those innactive leaders can cause the whole stack to be locked in place for a turn.
Check the activation on the options menu. The tooltip should explain how each level works.

Regards!

Marcus_Antonius -> RE: Austerlitz Scenario Randomaly Locked Forces? (12/13/2015 6:37:57 PM)

Ok, the troops involved just unlocked after two turns. Can't see any explaination in game. I guess this is some new activation issue (new use of the locked thing)?

We are playing under the activation option where you don't know who will be active in the next turn and who won't. Using the "locks" this way does kind of defeat that. I would rather have the troops who won't obey appear normal in the orders phase.

MorningDew -> RE: Austerlitz Scenario Randomaly Locked Forces? (12/13/2015 9:07:02 PM)

Mine also locked for two turns.

I am playing the standard (traditional) activation rule.

canuck64 -> RE: Austerlitz Scenario Randomaly Locked Forces? (12/14/2015 7:26:45 PM)

It's an event, run from the Austrian side. I like that it shows a slick event, but the event seems unnecessary.

IIRC It's to freeze the Austrian army at Ulm, so that it stands and fights, as per history.

Marcus_Antonius -> RE: Austerlitz Scenario Randomaly Locked Forces? (12/14/2015 11:18:40 PM)

In my game the French were being froze as well as the Austrians.

French broke Austrian morale in 5 turns with a good PBEM opponent who could do virtually nothing with locked Austrians. We were only playing around, but its not much of a scenario from what we saw.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI