New scenario for testing: Turkish Revenge, 2012 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios

Coiler12 -> New scenario for testing: Turkish Revenge, 2012 (12/17/2015 4:02:19 PM)

Small sub-vs-ASW scenario involving Turkey and Syria-not post Russian deployment now, but back in 2012 after the F-4 shootdown. All comments are welcome-I think I might have made the ASW helicopter screen too strong.

EDIT: Updated and massively changed version added.

aheadflank -> RE: New scenario for testing: Turkish Revenge, 2012 (12/17/2015 7:04:22 PM)

There's literally a flock of ASW helos! I've started the scenario four times and each time was torpedoed by helos. You definitely should give me a chance :)
I've got a question about helos. I noticed at list six of them, but what do they do there? Do they expect a Turkish submarine to come?
There's another scenario you may like to examine (but not consider it to be a standard. The Shark, 1971 By the way, I wrote an after action description about it
There were only two helos there, and they have shortage of fuel
Another thing is that I'd like to read more about conflicts, both real and hypothetical, in scenario description. It really allows me to dive into scenario, so it plays a major role for me.
Just think: a good description may turn a 'very hypothetical' into a realistic one

i224747 -> RE: New scenario for testing: Turkish Revenge, 2012 (12/18/2015 7:24:01 PM)

- Strictly speaking, Syria has no ship class frigate. Therefore the order "you are authorized to sink the two Syrian frigates" are not applicable.

- According the briefing INTEL knows the Syrian frigates are on patrol, but has no clue in which sea-area. A approximate patrol location (namely "off Syrian coast") should be added.

So far i have identified a first corvette 18nm west of the Syria coast and i considered me as unobserved.
Will be continued...

Coiler12 -> RE: New scenario for testing: Turkish Revenge, 2012 (12/19/2015 6:08:22 PM)

Ok, I might have to make some major revisions to this scenario-the Petyas are so fast and the torpedoes currently on board the subs so comparatively slow that even when the Turks get a clear shot, it's incredibly tough to actually hit.

Coiler12 -> RE: New scenario for testing: Turkish Revenge, 2012 (12/20/2015 3:34:09 PM)

Major updated version-expanded the details and briefing, and added sub-Harpoons back in.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI