WAR/TLD reinforcement issue (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Tech Support

nikin -> WAR/TLD reinforcement issue (12/19/2015 6:52:00 AM)

Hello Steve,

Together with Dima we have made the Battle for Caen (completely overhauled version of the CC5 GJS-TRSM) for TLD. When everything was ready we found a problem with the FPs reinforcement that we can't fix:

Idea is to change units in FP after reinforcement (like changing Sherman DD to regular Sherman), adding/replacing units and etc.
It worked smooth in CC5 and f.e. in WAR v4.50.00. Then after official patches (for both WAR and TLD) the reinforcement stoped working correctly i.e. the units can't be replaced in FP but just replenish their numbers and only initial free slots could be filled with new units but we don't have such for most of BGs.
An exception - Auto-refresh FPs.

Is it possible to track this problem back to WAR 4.50.00 version and fix the reinforcement issue so it works same way as in CC5 again?
Given that this has no effect on the original game and any other mods that do not use this feature.

Tejszd -> RE: WAR/TLD reinforcement issue (1/7/2016 4:59:53 AM)

Bump....

SteveMcClaire -> RE: WAR/TLD reinforcement issue (1/7/2016 6:29:56 PM)

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish? Are you trying to have all the DD Shermans removed from the FP and add non-DD Shermans? This should work if you have the following setting in Campaigns.txt set to 1:

# Auto-add/remove teams to/from FPs on team type change? (0 = NO, 1 = YES)

And in the FPools.txt you have a team type of -1 (NONE) on the date(s) when you don't want the teams to be in the FP, and in the same column you have the team type of the team you do want on the dates you want them. See the entry for the 501/101st AB for an example -- first day they get no M5A1 Stuarts, but they get a few starting on the second day and onward.

NOTE: For what you want to do, you need to use TWO columns. The first would have DD Shermans (for the first few days) and then go to -1. The second column would be -1 for the first few days, and then go to regular Sherman.

Steve

nikin -> RE: WAR/TLD reinforcement issue (1/15/2016 7:14:56 PM)

Hello Steve,

quote:

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish? Are you trying to have all the DD Shermans removed from the FP and add non-DD Shermans?

All the slots in our FPs are filled. The idea is to have units change after clicking reinforce. And we don't have spare slots.

quote:

This setting doesn't affect reinforce - it just adds new lines in FPs each morning.
So in our case it will be 0=No to not ruin logic of how reinforcement is received. And even if it is 1=Yes, it won't work as we don't have spare slots.

What we are interested in is to have reinforce to work same as in CC5 i.e. allowing to change units in FPs.
It isn't bug, it is feature

SteveMcClaire -> RE: WAR/TLD reinforcement issue (1/18/2016 5:18:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nikin
What we are interested in is to have reinforce to work same as in CC5 i.e. allowing to change units in FPs.
It isn't bug, it is feature

Aha, I understand. I will record it as an request, but it's very unlikely that we'll be adding any new features to TLD/WAR at this stage. If this feature is vital for the mod you want, you might want to look at using LSA instead. You have a lot of control over when and how reinforcements arrive in LSA, and you can add or remove teams from the force pool on a given date and time.

Steve

Tejszd -> RE: WAR/TLD reinforcement issue (1/19/2016 4:50:11 AM)

Nikin,

I opened the Campaign.txt for the mod Battle for Caen and its missing the following lines at the end of the file;

# BGs that start on a friendly depot map can only reform on maps linked to starting map by friendly depots
# Maximum distance from starting map a BG can look for a supply depot to reform on (-1 for unlimited)

The 1st line seems to be about swapping teams in/out as you are asking. Hope maybe that is the issue???

nikin -> RE: WAR/TLD reinforcement issue (1/20/2016 7:16:08 AM)

Tejszd

Are you ready to read this topic?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI