New Scenario for Testing: CWC 1 Eve of Destruction (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios

B52H -> New Scenario for Testing: CWC 1 Eve of Destruction (12/21/2015 2:23:11 AM)

This scenario about World War III takes place in an extended Cold War in 1995 in a divided Germany. This scenario is very large and complex, so I hope your micromanaging skills are well-practiced! At any given time in this scenario, dozens, and sometimes hundreds, of aircraft will be airborne at any given time. This is the first of a series of scenarios I intend to create about World War III. Please offer any AARs, suggestions, insights, and comments below. Enjoy!

MichaelJCuozzo -> RE: New Scenario for Testing: CWC 1 Eve of Destruction (12/22/2015 12:41:38 AM)

Just fired it up and began playing. So far, I like the setup. My only complaint so far is that since it's a big scenario, the time compression is near useless. It has to be run in real time, otherwise it lags a bunch.

B52H -> RE: New Scenario for Testing: CWC 1 Eve of Destruction (12/23/2015 8:38:29 PM)

Anyone else got anything on this?

MichaelJCuozzo -> RE: New Scenario for Testing: CWC 1 Eve of Destruction (12/23/2015 10:35:07 PM)

I'm enjoying the scenario though aside from the time compression issue [:)]

B52H -> RE: New Scenario for Testing: CWC 1 Eve of Destruction (12/24/2015 3:56:05 PM)

Merry Christmas! Any other thoughts or suggestions? I'll need a few AARs when you all are finished with playing in order to build the next few scenarios. Hopefully those AMRAMs and Patriots are helping you out.

B52H -> RE: New Scenario for Testing: CWC 1 Eve of Destruction (12/29/2015 7:07:03 PM)

I plan to submit this scenario to the community scenario pack on New Year's Day. Does anyone else have any comments or thoughts to add? I'm working on a scenario now about an amphibious assault on Denmark by the WP and an attack by NATO assaulting East German and Soviet ground positions/military infrastructure. I'm also in the beginning stages of making a scenario involving REFORGER and the massive military airlift into West Germany, a Soviet airborne invasion of Japan, a Soviet insertion of special forces into Alaska to destroy pipelines and radar sites, and a few Mediterranean scenarios involving Algeria, Libya, and Syria. In case you don't understand the abbreviations of CWC (or any of its variants), here is a reference:

CWC (Cold War Continued [Central Front]): Involves the war in Germany and other countries spanning throughout Central and Eastern Europe.
CWCN (Cold War Continued Northern [Northern Front]): Involves the war in the North in Scandinavia and the United Kingdom.
CWCM (Cold War Continued Mediterranean [Mediterranean]): Involves the war in the Mediterranean.
CWCCONUS (Cold War Continued CONUS [Continental United States]): Involves the hunting of Soviet submarines off United States territorial waters and the protection of the United States mainland from Soviet bombers.
CWCAS (Cold War Continued Alaska [Alaska]): The protection of Alaska from a Soviet invasion and from bombers.

These are all I have planned so far. I hope you enjoy these when they come out!

Yokes -> RE: New Scenario for Testing: CWC 1 Eve of Destruction (12/31/2015 10:56:06 PM)

Wow, ambitious! [:D]

Just started it, and it brought my laptop to its knees. Pulse times 100-200 ms, which isn't too bad.

This captures the massive scale of the German front that I was always interested in trying to create, but was intimidated to even attempt. And you take it on for your first scenario... Bravo.

I only have a few small quibbles:
1. None of the NATO radars are turned on. Is this on purpose?
2. Did you not want to enable quick turnaround on purpose? If so, I would recommend turning off the player's ability to set it. If not, then I would assume that players would like to have it enabled and would set it for them.

I'll let you know if I find anything else.

Yokes

B52H -> RE: New Scenario for Testing: CWC 1 Eve of Destruction (1/2/2016 1:49:16 AM)

The scenario has been updated to include quick turnaround and the AD and SAM radars to be on.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI