Another Windows 10 Problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> Tech Support

Bel8910 -> Another Windows 10 Problem (12/23/2015 12:02:39 PM)

So, after installing Windows 10 I received the following message: error at address 0x4C489E, thinking it was a compatibility issue, I switched to Windows 7 (last OS) but still received the message. Switched to XP and received error at address 0x4C4860.
For a while it was no big deal, I just had to restart 2-3 times. But, now it is occurring (and quitting) whenever I end a battle and go back to the main screen.

Any ideas?

As always, thank for your help and effort you put into the game!

zakblood -> RE: Another Windows 10 Problem (12/23/2015 12:59:04 PM)

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure to check the logs of these to see if it was one of them which was to blame.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

here's mine as a example, i have many loaded as each game needs or uses a different one, same as direct X 8.1/9/10/11 and now 12 installed on my pc...

[image]local://upfiles/43185/3EF5EF41F6A54DBDB2F20BA101563543.jpg[/image]

next as you see if a game runs in 32bit, but you use a 64bit O/S like me, you still need to load both the 32/64 bit version as one file doesn't do both, same as the latest version of anything doesn't include the older versions either.

i was on the beta on this one, game once patched to latest version works without any compatibility alteration needed

SteveMcClaire -> RE: Another Windows 10 Problem (12/23/2015 9:00:29 PM)

The address given for the error message isn't useful in this context, unfortunately. Does the error happen when you first start the game, or only when you end a battle? Does it happen for single battles, or only for operations / campaigns?

It could be that some files have been corrupted, or something has gone wrong with the privileges the game needs to enumerate your available battle / op / campaigns and custom / saved game files.

I would recommend re-installing the game under Windows 10 (assuming that's the version you wish to use.) Then try starting a brand new operation or campaign, and see if you can continue with that.

Steve

Bel8910 -> RE: Another Windows 10 Problem (12/26/2015 10:11:44 AM)

Steve, zakblood

Found the issue, though it is odd. Since I was modding GTC, I was only using 42 BGs. After three attempts, I left all 64 BGs in place and just modded the 42 that I needed (FP inlcuded). Once I did that, the problem cleared up. But, I have only found this issue occurring since I installed Windows10. My previous OS never had this issue.

Thanks for your help.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI