How to restart a scenario from scratch (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios

NeilofWatford -> How to restart a scenario from scratch (12/26/2015 5:52:27 PM)

Please forgive the dumb question from a novice, but I've had a go at Stand Up 2011 and got trashed. I'd now like to play it again from the beginning, but when I load it from the 'load scenario' dialogue it takes me back to where I left the game.

I've reset the losses/expenditures and score, but unfortunately some of my units are still missing.

Any help gratefully received.

Randomizer -> RE: How to restart a scenario from scratch (12/26/2015 6:56:49 PM)

You need to go to "Start New Scenario" - Stand alone scenarios - Stand Up 2011 - Load Selected.

Of course if you do this and are still getting the scenario in progress, that likely means that you somehow overwrote the original scenario, probably while playing in the Editor mode.

-C

NeilofWatford -> RE: How to restart a scenario from scratch (12/27/2015 9:09:40 AM)

Ah, thanks. Tried that, so looks like I've overwritten it. Is there anyway to restore it ? I guess this may be a common issue for novices so a 'restore to default' function would be useful.

I've no doubt this will be the first of many errors I'll make - it's how we learn [;)]

jimcarravall -> RE: How to restart a scenario from scratch (12/27/2015 9:59:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: NeilofWatford

Ah, thanks. Tried that, so looks like I've overwritten it. Is there anyway to restore it ? I guess this may be a common issue for novices so a 'restore to default' function would be useful.

I've no doubt this will be the first of many errors I'll make - it's how we learn [;)]

If you overwrote with a save, you more than likely are opening the scenarios in the scenario editor (e.g. "load existing scenario") instead of the game itself (e.g. load new scenario; load saved game).

If you see an "editor" option on your top menu bar, be very careful about saving games in progress.

Unless you specify a different name for the save, you'll overwrite the original scenario.

I'm not aware of any place where you can find a Stand Alone Scenario other than what came with your original game software. Community scenarios are updated and revised on a regular basis from the Warfare Sims site (http://www.warfaresims.com/).

Rory Noonan -> RE: How to restart a scenario from scratch (12/27/2015 11:49:46 PM)

Here is a .zip file with the Stand Up scenario and config settings. Unzip to your CMANO directory in the '...\scenarios\standalone scenarios' folder, overwriting when prompted.

As jimcarravallah said, be careful with clicking 'save' when you're in the editor mode [:)]

NeilofWatford -> RE: How to restart a scenario from scratch (12/28/2015 9:10:34 AM)

Jim/Apache

Many thanks for this. I'd hate to think the Argentine Forces would get the better of me ;-)

Looks like I live to fight another day.

best regards

Neil

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI