resting air groups? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West

diamond dave -> resting air groups? (12/30/2015 8:48:25 AM)

Is there a way to set individual air groups to rest so they don't take part in any missions? Or do I have to manage every one manually in my air directives and simply not include the ones I want to rest?

UPDATE: Never mind, I finally figured it out.

HMSWarspite -> RE: resting air groups? (12/30/2015 5:25:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: diamond dave

Is there a way to set individual air groups to rest so they don't take part in any missions? Or do I have to manage every one manually in my air directives and simply not include the ones I want to rest?

UPDATE: Never mind, I finally figured it out.

Just in case what you have figured is not the bulk method... In the command display, select Air units. Then click on the mission type ('DN','DO', etc). Change the entry to RS (rest) which is option 4 IIRC. You can do it en mass... filter the display until only the ones you want to rest are showing, then select the top of the column and '4', all of them are changed. For example, to rest all units with morale of less than 50%:
1. display air units
2 click on morale filter, and set range to 0 - 50
3 click on mission
4. select 4

All low morale units will now be on rest. You can rest all of a command, or nationality. or aircraft type.

Hope this makes sense, I am running on memory, my dead laptop doesnt get back until tomorrow...

Phleem -> RE: resting air groups? (12/31/2015 6:11:39 AM)

You have to be careful not to put your night fighters on Day/Night.

Here's what I do now at the start of each Air Phase:

1. Go to commander report air group tab.

2. Clear filters and then set all groups to Day/Night.

3. Filter Night Fighters and set them to Night Only.

4. Clear filters, then filter morale 0 to 60 (or whatever), and set mission to rest

It takes about 30 seconds.

Thanks to Harrybannana.

Probably I should be looking at the resting groups to see if any need upgrades...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI