Db requests for new scenario I am building (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

chesmart -> Db requests for new scenario I am building (12/31/2015 2:49:32 AM)

Hi guys I am posting here as the request thread has been closed. Sorry if I am creating an inconvenience.

I need b-1R which is the upgraded B-1 with F-119 engines :

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/b-1r-lancer.107928/

And could we have the fb-22 armed with Aams like the A-12 avenger.

One more thing why is the f-15e armed with 1 jassm whilst the f-16 a smaller plane carries 2 ? And could we have the hypothetical upgrades of the f-15e aka the silent eagle and the missiler eagle as proposed by Boeing ?

And just to be cheeky can we have the updated Kirov class with s-400 and Ssm-26 ?

And thanks for the continued upgrades to this game which is brill :)

Kushan04 -> RE: Db requests for new scenario I am building (12/31/2015 4:42:51 AM)

DB request for 1979 to near future should go Here

Dysta -> RE: Db requests for new scenario I am building (12/31/2015 4:54:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kushan

DB request for 1979 to near future should go Here

I think the new unit request is closed for now, until the v1.10 update is done.

I suggest to try to build new scenario with current database it have. I appreciate alternative war setting, but realistic scenarios can also be fun and interesting.

mikmykWS -> RE: Db requests for new scenario I am building (12/31/2015 12:06:12 PM)

Wouldn't add them anyways.

Mike

Zaslon -> RE: Db requests for new scenario I am building (12/31/2015 12:18:29 PM)

I don't understand why guys are requesting a lot of hypothetical units when there a lot of work to do with real units.
For example, for Spain I have listed at least 10 missing units or wrong loadouts/capabilities.
I can't imagine for other countries![X(]

mikmykWS -> RE: Db requests for new scenario I am building (12/31/2015 12:51:30 PM)

That's kind of why we locked things down for now. We did ask several times but the message was not received so its been locked.

Need to focus on what matters and can't be chasing weird stuff or something that won't be used until we've got more time.

I'm pretty sure Che is just trolling to irritate us so not really concerned what it wants. We know who to pay attention to.

Mike

Dysta -> RE: Db requests for new scenario I am building (12/31/2015 12:58:45 PM)

It's hard to say if he just have a curiosity, or a full-blown fantasy to try out these hypothetical toys with his own scenario settings. But I agree that focusing to perfect the simulating mechanics if far more important than adding units, real or not.

mikmykWS -> RE: Db requests for new scenario I am building (12/31/2015 1:07:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dysta

It's hard to say if he just have a curiosity, or a full-blown fantasy to try out these hypothetical toys with his own scenario settings. But I agree that focusing to perfect the simulating mechanics if far more important than adding units, real or not.

No we're still adding stuff but just trying to get caught up with what's needed. Needed stuff is something that is relevant to the game, is likely be in scenario and generally requested by somebody we think isn't wasting our time. The weird stuff could be added when we have more time to goof around with.

Mike

Mgellis -> RE: Db requests for new scenario I am building (12/31/2015 2:35:33 PM)

On a side note, I think the idea of replacing the old general request thread with scenario-specific ones makes sense in the context of what Command is.

There are so many platforms, real and hypothetical, that could be added, that it is easy to just have too many requests. I fear I am one of the people guilty of that. A lot of my requests were for things that I did not need right away but which I thought I might need in the future. (I tend to think in the long term...I would not be at all surprised if I am still writing scenarios for Command ten or fifteen years from now.) I did try to pace my requests so they would not be overwhelming, and once I understood that it helps the editors for me to do this I made a point of trying to track down as much information for each platform as I could and posting that information with the request. However, clearly, I just posted too many requests. I apologize for that.

Now, if we're moving to an approach of scenario-specific requests only, it forces scenario designers to really think about what they are requesting, and why, and it forces them to prioritize their requests. The number of requests will probably drop and the platforms that are requested are the ones most likely to actually get used and used fairly soon.

The only real disadvantage is that, once you are in the middle of writing a scenario, you don't want to have to stop because some of the platforms are not available and put the whole thing on hold while you wait for the next version of the database to come out. It is nice to have everything you need, and everything you might need, in the database already so you can go "shopping." However, the advantages will probably outweigh the disadvantages. (Among other things, it will probably keep the developers from all having strokes because of all our ridiculous requests.)

mikmykWS -> RE: Db requests for new scenario I am building (12/31/2015 3:15:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mgellis

On a side note, I think the idea of replacing the old general request thread with scenario-specific ones makes sense in the context of what Command is.

No the string works great for everybody else. It was locked to give us some time to focus on relevant requests and not have to dig through your wikipedia dumps. You'll also noticed I deleted many which just had links to wikipedia which doesn't really save us time.

Regardless I did say if you need anything immediately please pm. Haven't seen a thing.

quote:

There are so many platforms, real and hypothetical, that could be added, that it is easy to just have too many requests. I fear I am one of the people guilty of that. A lot of my requests were for things that I did not need right away but which I thought I might need in the future. (I tend to think in the long term...I would not be at all surprised if I am still writing scenarios for Command ten or fifteen years from now.) I did try to pace my requests so they would not be overwhelming, and once I understood that it helps the editors for me to do this I made a point of trying to track down as much information for each platform as I could and posting that information with the request. However, clearly, I just posted too many requests. I apologize for that.

My issue is I'd ask for you to stop and you'd follow with three immediate requests for like the Botswana navy or something like that. I just assumed you were doing it to be annoying but maybe not. I apologize for that.

quote:

Now, if we're moving to an approach of scenario-specific requests only, it forces scenario designers to really think about what they are requesting, and why, and it forces them to prioritize their requests. The number of requests will probably drop and the platforms that are requested are the ones most likely to actually get used and used fairly soon.

If you move to this approach it would help. I think most others are so there is no need for a change on their part. As I mentioned earlier I don't want some guys priority request buried in requests for civilian prop planes and magic missiles.

quote:

The only real disadvantage is that, once you are in the middle of writing a scenario, you don't want to have to stop because some of the platforms are not available and put the whole thing on hold while you wait for the next version of the database to come out. It is nice to have everything you need, and everything you might need, in the database already so you can go "shopping." However, the advantages will probably outweigh the disadvantages. (Among other things, it will probably keep the developers from all having strokes because of all our ridiculous requests.)

You may have to adjust your workflow but the turn around between when you ask and get something really isn't that bad. Despite the amount I've pushed back I've also made it a point to add several of your requests with every release. If you'd like me to cite examples please let me know. I'm comfortable with the turn around time. So I think you might be worried about a problem that doesn't exist or is not difficult to fix later.

Thanks

Mike

mikmykWS -> RE: Db requests for new scenario I am building (12/31/2015 3:21:27 PM)

I'm also going to calmly add...

The paradigms that existed with Harpoon do not exist here. Nobody is going to bully or mess with the developers. Keep it up and you're going to find yourself on an ignore list. I don't care who you think you are or were[;)]

We need to focus on people that are going to help us build a good community and game. Good means productive but actually having fun with this stuff instead of turning it into a **** job for us.

Mike

FTBSS -> RE: Db requests for new scenario I am building (12/31/2015 5:18:49 PM)

I must be missing something, I think the requests both in this thread and in the DB thread were always respectful and the community is both helpful and engaged trying to assist the developers to improve on an already awesome product.

Yes alot of us have asked for alot of new DB entries and point out things that are either in existence or planning based on public release of information, a lot of ex military also giving first hand accounts of equipment and loadouts,this only improves the overall simulation, I have yet to see any demands made to the development team to implement this unit to database immediately, from my perspective it has always been hey guys did you know this unit has this capability, you may want to incorporate it at some future update type of information.

The Development team has always been highly responsive and is great at the interaction with the community which I think is great, by far the best in any game simulation I have ever purchased and a big part of the reason I enjoy this sim and these forums.

P.S. super stoked to see 1.10 and beyond you guys are amazing.

mikmykWS -> RE: Db requests for new scenario I am building (12/31/2015 5:27:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: FTBSS

I must be missing something, I think the requests both in this thread and in the DB thread were always respectful and the community is both helpful and engaged trying to assist the developers to improve on an already awesome product.

Yes alot of us have asked for alot of new DB entries and point out things that are either in existence or planning based on public release of information, a lot of ex military also giving first hand accounts of equipment and loadouts,this only improves the overall simulation, I have yet to see any demands made to the development team to implement this unit to database immediately, from my perspective it has always been hey guys did you know this unit has this capability, you may want to incorporate it at some future update type of information.

The Development team has always been highly responsive and is great at the interaction with the community which I think is great, by far the best in any game simulation I have ever purchased and a big part of the reason I enjoy this sim and these forums.

P.S. super stoked to see 1.10 and beyond you guys are amazing.

Yes you have missed it. You need to read a little more into stuff if you're going to put your two cents in.

We implement 100's of request with every release so don't even try to paint us as bad guys. It ain't happening.

Our solution is to lock the string for now. We'll open it when we're caught up and ready.

Thanks

Mike

FTBSS -> RE: Db requests for new scenario I am building (12/31/2015 8:19:10 PM)

Mike, you are reading into it I meant nothing negative in my post It's good that you locked the post to get ahead of things, have never painted you guys as bad guys in fact in nearly all my post including the last one I praise you guys for your interaction with the community and your responses to requests. I am aware of the DB updates you guys do I find it the pest part of the updates you do I am a hardware junkie. Please don't read anything negative here either I am just pointing out that the community is not the bad guy here either, I don't think anyone that post requests for units to be added to the DB is doing so with the intent of just giving you guys more work to do, I think they do so with the intention of trying to make the DB more complete (this is my intention in requests), Again I understand the need to close the valve to stop the flow until the stuff in the pipeline can be taken care of.

Hope all the development team and the rest of this amazing community have a Happy New Year.

Best regards,
Patrick

mikmykWS -> RE: Db requests for new scenario I am building (12/31/2015 9:01:38 PM)

I never said the community was the bad guy. [:)]This is an example of you putting us in a bad light. What a load of crap.

I said a few ruin for all and that we had tried other approaches such as asking them to stop but ultimately had to lock the string.If you can suggest a better approach I'd like to hear it.

Have a good New Years too.

Mike

FTBSS -> RE: Db requests for new scenario I am building (12/31/2015 10:31:31 PM)

I agree with the approach of shutting it down until you guys get to where you want/need to be, not that I have any say in this but appreciate the opportunity to contribute. You guys are doing a great job without me :).

I kinda do like the idea floated earlier in this thread about scenario based updates.
Have a thread where scenario are proposed and the platforms the editor needs to make the scenario work are attached (with as much information they can get) to kinda make it easier for you guys doing the actual work updating a priority list so you are not flooded with Cessna with machine gun request :).

Right now I don't know how you guys prioritize which platforms get the attention (not a criticism more a compliment) You guys do a tremendous job updating the already phenomenal database (best I have seen anywhere)

It's always the few that ruin it for the many, I hope I am one of the many trying to make things better for all.

I did not say that you said that the community is the bad guy(what a load of crap) I just said that the community is not the bad guy (not that you said it is) that for the most part most are trying to be helpful and not just demanding crap (platforms and features). You probably are gonna take this last statement the wrong way again, its not meant as a criticism of you or the team but as a compliment to the community as a whole.

I will stop here as I think we are on the same page, We both want this game to be the best it can be, we both respect the effort you guys put into it to get it that way. I am amazed at the detail you guys have already put into this product,and that you continue to implement changes to make it better make me extremely happy with the purchase. (I did box version of both original and NI) I look forward to any additional campaigns you guys offer because I want to support your work with funds necessary for you guys to continue doing the great job and still make a living.

Mgellis -> RE: Db requests for new scenario I am building (12/31/2015 11:58:42 PM)

I would like to offer an apology. My intent when making database requests has always been a desire to see new and fun things added so I and other people could use them to create new Command scenarios. My intent has also always been to do this in a polite and respectful manner. Somehow, I got it wrong. Whether it was just me being too enthusiastic or something in the way I phrased my requests or something else--it does not matter. Somehow, I upset people, people for whom I have a great deal of respect. I am truly sorry and I will try to do better in the future. Please accept my sincere apology.

mikmykWS -> RE: Db requests for new scenario I am building (1/1/2016 12:37:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mgellis

I would like to offer an apology. My intent when making database requests has always been a desire to see new and fun things added so I and other people could use them to create new Command scenarios. My intent has also always been to do this in a polite and respectful manner. Somehow, I got it wrong. Whether it was just me being too enthusiastic or something in the way I phrased my requests or something else--it does not matter. Somehow, I upset people, people for whom I have a great deal of respect. I am truly sorry and I will try to do better in the future. Please accept my sincere apology.

You've tried to needle us more than once. More importantly though most of what you have requested and we have built you have not used.

If you value what we do than use the platforms and stop flooding the forum with low priority stuff. It's a fair ask.

Thanks

Mike

mikmykWS -> RE: Db requests for new scenario I am building (1/1/2016 12:43:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: FTBSS

I agree with the approach of shutting it down until you guys get to where you want/need to be, not that I have any say in this but appreciate the opportunity to contribute. You guys are doing a great job without me :).

I kinda do like the idea floated earlier in this thread about scenario based updates.
Have a thread where scenario are proposed and the platforms the editor needs to make the scenario work are attached (with as much information they can get) to kinda make it easier for you guys doing the actual work updating a priority list so you are not flooded with Cessna with machine gun request :).

Right now I don't know how you guys prioritize which platforms get the attention (not a criticism more a compliment) You guys do a tremendous job updating the already phenomenal database (best I have seen anywhere)

It's always the few that ruin it for the many, I hope I am one of the many trying to make things better for all.

I did not say that you said that the community is the bad guy(what a load of crap) I just said that the community is not the bad guy (not that you said it is) that for the most part most are trying to be helpful and not just demanding crap (platforms and features). You probably are gonna take this last statement the wrong way again, its not meant as a criticism of you or the team but as a compliment to the community as a whole.

I will stop here as I think we are on the same page, We both want this game to be the best it can be, we both respect the effort you guys put into it to get it that way. I am amazed at the detail you guys have already put into this product,and that you continue to implement changes to make it better make me extremely happy with the purchase. (I did box version of both original and NI) I look forward to any additional campaigns you guys offer because I want to support your work with funds necessary for you guys to continue doing the great job and still make a living.

Appreciate it.

Forums are horrible tools to get to know people and hopefully soon we'll be switching focus to better mediums. I think this will help people's perceptions about each other, what we're about and better support the game and community.

Thanks!

Mike

FTBSS -> RE: Db requests for new scenario I am building (1/1/2016 1:04:20 AM)

You guys do a great job supporting community and the game, Mike I look forward to the next patch 1.11 and beyond and hopefully that modern South China sea campaign I tried promoting in these forums and on the stream chat at 1.09 release. Have a great New Year!!!

No pressure on the Campaign thing just an avid fan's wish list[;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI