Miniatures (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809

mike brown -> Miniatures (12/31/2015 12:18:27 PM)

Playing as the Austrians, i noticed the miniature option was not available on the battle screen, is this right?

Recognition -> RE: Miniatures (1/1/2016 7:08:17 AM)

That`s strange...I`m sure I saw the Miniatures option when I was playing the Coalition.

Rasputitsa will know for sure as he is busy with a excellent After Action Report.

Rasputitsa -> RE: Miniatures (1/1/2016 9:36:21 AM)

Playing with v3.03, as French, the 'miniatures' option was available, but with v3.04 playing as Austrians it is not. It needs some more trial turns to check whether the problem is with the game version, or the side playing.

Rasputitsa -> RE: Miniatures (1/1/2016 12:09:28 PM)

My preferred set-up has been as either side, against the AI, with battles resolved by the AI, as shown in the two current AARs. In that configuration the game has worked well and is even better under v3.04.

However, having just run test games under hotseat and PBEM (against myself), I am getting the disappearing units problem noted by 76mm and stack number irregularities.

Not sure about the miniatures, except that the French player takes the lead on miniatures play, which may be why even on AI games the French player has the option for miniatures in the battle screen, whilst the Austrian player does not, even though miniature play is not intended for use in solitaire games.

CotD Manual excerpt :

CotD now allows for the use of miniatures or any other offmap method of resolving battles. This option only comes available during two player games. When a battle strategy is being chosen, either player may select Miniatures instead of a normal battle strategy. Only one player has to choose this option; the other player is notified and both players receive a list of the forces involved in the battle as well as a note with the start-time and general terrain.

Once the battle has been resolved the French player will load the game and input the results. The game files will then be sent to the Austrian player who will check the input and if confirmed the game will continue normally.

From the above Manual excerpt, even though miniatures are not intended to be used in solitaire games, it may explain why the option appears when the human player is French, but not when Austrian.

mike brown -> RE: Miniatures (1/2/2016 9:14:14 AM)

Many thanks, thought i might have to re-install again, it is only a slight niggle. Does anybody also notice in the Ulm campaign, that sometimes the French engineers disappear!! The only time they remain if i detach them from AHQ and make them independent.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI