RE: Steam sale thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

wings7 -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/24/2016 6:21:49 PM)

Not a sale, but soon to be released..."Far Cry Primal", Far Cry in the Stone Age, great concept! [:)] The store page has some extended videos...check it out!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/371660/

Patrick

wings7 -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/25/2016 6:18:34 PM)

"Arma Franchise Sale"! 20% to 80% off! [:)] Sale ends February 29th! This franchise has been well received! If you are missing some titles...here is it!
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/arma/

Patrick

wings7 -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/25/2016 6:26:15 PM)

"Ashes of the Singularity" is on sale at 50% off! [:)] Sale ends February 29th! It's in Early Access however and it take some real muscle to run, the reviews have been quite good! From the devs: "Take command of the resources of an entire world to build up massive armies, research new technologies and annihilate all those who stand in your way in this new, massive-scale real-time strategy game. With the unparalleled power of the world's first native 64-bit real-time strategy game engine, Ashes of the Singularity allows for maps of unprecedented size and detail." There is alot to this game...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/228880/

Patrick

wings7 -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/26/2016 3:26:48 PM)

Not a sale, "Atlantic Fleet" was released yesterday...WWII sim looks quite good [:)]. From the devs (Killerfish Games): "Turn based tactical and strategic naval combat. Atlantic Fleet puts you in command of the Allies or Kriegsmarine (German Navy) in the longest military campaign of WWII, The Battle of the Atlantic. Play through 30 historical Single Missions or make your own with the Custom Battle editor." System requirements are not demanding...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/420440/

Patrick

Kuokkanen -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/26/2016 6:02:53 PM)

UnReal World just become available on Steam with -15% off! From the devs:
quote:

The cult classic open-ended wilderness survival roguelike RPG taking place in the ancient North. Throughout the years, UnReal World has been praised for its incredible depth, realism, atmosphere and immersion. Lose yourself in the most intricate, detailed and enchanting iron-age game world.

From TVtropes:
quote:

Bears Are Bad News: This game is realistic, so, bears are not to be taken lightly.

Berserk Button: Throw a rock at a villager, and the whole village will immediately hunt you down and slay you. The Njerpez seem to go berserk at any life-form other than themselves.

Bottomless Bladder: The need to use the restroom or iron-age equivalent is one of the few things not in the game.

Groin Attack: One of the possible hit locations.

Finns with Fearsome Forests: You play as an iron-age Finn and get to deal with the fearsome forests.

Karma Meter: Your relationship with the spirits is important: demand too much from them without giving anything in return and your life will become interesting at night.

Practical Currency: There is no money in the game, but everything does have a set trade value (invisible to the player) based on rarity and utility. Arrows, good meat, furs, and iron weapons and armor are the items most desired by NPCs. An enterprising player can also construct dozens of "käpälälauta" fox traps, as their only material component comes from any large tree.

Shown Their Work: The game is extremely realistic and has many touches and flourishes that are there just because they existed in historical Finland.

Wide Open Sandbox: This game doesn't even have quests. You simply are.

One of the scenarios:
quote:

Wounded and left for dead, you struggle to survive in the wilderness.

Otherwise game has existed at least since 1992 and has been in indefinite development since then, and still is. Right now game looks and plays much like middle Ultimas (IV - VI). If price on Steam seems too much for you, you can download game for free from game's home site. This is Finland [:D]

Oh, and Call of Duty: Black Ops III is on sale with -34% off.

wings7 -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/26/2016 6:49:26 PM)

"Headup Games Sale" Most titles are 80% off! [:)] Sale ends March 4th! Some good ones and some not so good...worth a look...
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/headupgames/?snr=1_41_4__42

Patrick

wings7 -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/26/2016 9:07:10 PM)

"The Red Solstice" is on sale at 50% off! [:)] Sale ends February 28th! This Action-RPG-Tactical-Survival game has been well received! From the devs: "The Red Solstice is a tactical, squad-based survival game set in the distant future on Mars, playable in single-player or with up to 8 players in cooperative online multiplayer. Roam freely over huge maps, complete randomized objectives and deal with surprise events that keep you on the edge of your seat." Here it is...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/265590/

Patrick

Recognition -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/26/2016 10:31:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wings7

Not a sale, "Atlantic Fleet" was released yesterday...WWII sim looks quite good [:)]. From the devs (Killerfish Games): "Turn based tactical and strategic naval combat. Atlantic Fleet puts you in command of the Allies or Kriegsmarine (German Navy) in the longest military campaign of WWII, The Battle of the Atlantic. Play through 30 historical Single Missions or make your own with the Custom Battle editor." System requirements are not demanding...

Patrick

I've been waiting for something like this since "Fighting Steel " Patrick and I have to say the reviews are very positive and it looks great IMHO, for the price of Euro 9.99 Im going to purchase it now and set sail..........

wings7 -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/26/2016 10:35:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rush

quote:

Patrick

I've been waiting for something like this since "Fighting Steel " Patrick and I have to say the reviews are very positive and it looks great IMHO, for the price of Euro 9.99 Im going to purchase it now and set sail..........

Martin, I was quite impressed with it too, it is on my next buy list! I'm sure you will enjoy it! [:)]

Patrick

wings7 -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/27/2016 7:21:52 PM)

"Red Faction Guerrilla - Steam Edition" is on sale at 85% off! [:)] Sale ends February 29th! This Open World-Sci Fi-Action-Destruction-Physics (many more tags for this little gem) is quite impressive! From the devs: "Set 50 years after the climactic events of the original Red Faction, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force. Red Faction: Guerrilla re-defines the limits of destruction-based game-play with a huge open-world, fast-paced guerrilla-style combat, and true physics-based destruction." Check it out...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/20500/

Patrick

wings7 -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/27/2016 9:27:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

UnReal World just become available on Steam with -15% off! From the devs:
quote:

The cult classic open-ended wilderness survival roguelike RPG taking place in the ancient North. Throughout the years, UnReal World has been praised for its incredible depth, realism, atmosphere and immersion. Lose yourself in the most intricate, detailed and enchanting iron-age game world.

Matti, have you played much UnReal World? What is you opinion of it?

Kuokkanen -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/27/2016 10:40:16 PM)

quote:

I have played little of the tutorial of the free version (3.20-patch 2). Based on that, game's wiki, and let's play videos, game is more realistic than great majority of other survival sandbox games (Minecraft, Wurm etc.): working the fields fatigues the character, it takes some 2 months for crops to grow, and animals can come pick on the fields. Sounds fun. At the moment I'm committed to Wurm Online however, and I'm taking a look at Red Faction franchise you mentioned just now.

wings7 -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/27/2016 10:59:56 PM)

quote:

quote:

I have played little of the tutorial of the free version (3.20-patch 2). Based on that, game's wiki, and let's play videos, game is more realistic than great majority of other survival sandbox games (Minecraft, Wurm etc.): working the fields fatigues the character, it takes some 2 months for crops to grow, and animals can come pick on the fields. Sounds fun. At the moment I'm committed to Wurm Online however, and I'm taking a look at Red Faction franchise you mentioned just now.

Thanks! I'm going to pick it up this weekend! [:)]

wings7 -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/28/2016 6:32:13 PM)

"Element4l" is on sale at 70% off! [:)] Sale ends March 1st! An Experimental-Indie-Platformer that has gotten good reviews! From the devs: "Element4l is an immersive and experimental indie platform game, with a strong focus on flow and smooth gameplay, wrapped in an exceptional soundtrack by Mind Tree. In Element4l, you control four elements who are bound together on a journey to shape life. Your only hindrances are nature and the sun. It takes a different, innovative approach to classic platform games and challenges you to rearrange your reflexes. Element4l is a challenge. The first time you play it, you will struggle... just like the first time you've learned how to ride a bike." Check it out at your own risk...[;)]
http://store.steampowered.com/app/235820/

Patrick

wings7 -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/29/2016 6:15:46 PM)

"Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth" is on sale at 67% off! [:)] Sale ends March 2nd! I'm a little biased on this one, the reviews on Steam have been mixed, I am a Civ devotee! From the devs: "Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth is a new science-fiction-themed entry into the award-winning Civilization series. Set in the future, global events have destabilized the world leading to a collapse of modern society, a new world order and an uncertain future for humanity. As the human race struggles to recover, the re-developed nations focus their resources on deep space travel to chart a new beginning for mankind. As part of an expedition sent to find a home beyond Earth, you will write the next chapter for humanity as you lead your people into a new frontier and create a new civilization in space. Explore and colonize an alien planet, research new technologies, amass mighty armies, build incredible Wonders and shape the face of your new world. As you embark on your journey you must make critical decisions. From your choice of sponsor and the make-up of your colony, to the ultimate path you choose for your civilization, every decision opens up new possibilities." There are also some bundles on sale also...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/65980/

Patrick

wings7 -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/29/2016 6:21:17 PM)

"Weeklong Deals" Here is the list of games on sale, large to small discounts (some discounts are not showing up, click on each individual title for the discount), positive to negative reviews. [:)] These games are on sale until March 7th! Check it out, there is usually something there for most everyone!
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=weeklongdeals

Patrick

demyansk -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/29/2016 9:07:34 PM)

Thanks wings for the game info on Steam.

wings7 -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/29/2016 9:13:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: demjansk

Thanks wings for the game info on Steam.

My pleasure! I enjoy doing it! [:)]

demyansk -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/29/2016 9:15:51 PM)

Wings,

Do you know anything about the steel armor game on sale?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/286280/

is that a good price?

Thanks

demyansk -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/29/2016 9:18:36 PM)

I looked at the reviews and the interface looks like Operation Star-same developers and lousy voice commands in Russian. I deleted operation star from the HD so I guess I'll pass

wings7 -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/29/2016 9:31:36 PM)

quote:

Wings,

is that a good price?

Thanks

I have not played it, a "Very Positive" total review (92 reviews) from Steam gamers is a good bet that it is very playable and enjoyable. Price wise I think its a fair price, although a great sale could be on the horizon! [:)]

FeurerKrieg -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/29/2016 10:02:50 PM)

quote:

Wings,

is that a good price?

Thanks

Unless you "have to have it right now" your best bet for Steam is to add a game to your wishlist. Then you'll see it go on sale and you can watch it for a couple months. After a while you'll notice the pricing trend for that game. For example, I was watching a game for a long time that was $20. It would go on sale every month or two for $10. It never went below ten in about a year's time. So I went ahead and bought it on sale at $10.

wings7 -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/29/2016 10:07:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feurer Krieg

quote:

Wings,

is that a good price?

Thanks

Unless you "have to have it right now" your best bet for Steam is to add a game to your wishlist. Then you'll see it go on sale and you can watch it for a couple months. After a while you'll notice the pricing trend for that game. For example, I was watching a game for a long time that was $20. It would go on sale every month or two for $10. It never went below ten in about a year's time. So I went ahead and bought it on sale at $10.

Excellent tip Bob! Thanks! [:)]

ntrlpr -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/29/2016 11:16:56 PM)

quote:

"Weeklong Deals" Here is the list of games on sale, large to small discounts (some discounts are not showing up, click on each individual title for the discount), positive to negative reviews. [:)] These games are on sale until March 7th! Check it out, there is usually something there for most everyone!

Thanks for this Patrick, I often forget to check the Weeklong Deals!

I see Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star is on sale at quite a considerable discount (-80%), so I think I'll get that. Does anyone have any experience / opinion on the DLC? Are any recommended, or is the base game good enough to begin with?

demyansk -> RE: Steam sale thread (2/29/2016 11:19:19 PM)

I have Star but the interface is a rough one. A few months ago, humble bundle had the game and all dlcs for under 6 bucks if I recall. I don't like the interface but it's a good game

mozbink -> RE: Steam sale thread (3/1/2016 4:33:36 AM)

Steal Armor is the second best Tank Sim out right now. Steal Beasts pro is number 1 in my opinion. Only downside to Steam Armor is it shares the same horrible UI as Graviteam Tactics games.

wings7 -> RE: Steam sale thread (3/1/2016 2:34:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ntrlpr

quote:

Thanks for this Patrick, I often forget to check the Weeklong Deals!

I see Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star is on sale at quite a considerable discount (-80%), so I think I'll get that. Does anyone have any experience / opinion on the DLC? Are any recommended, or is the base game good enough to begin with?

Myles, You are welcome! I have not played Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star yet but most of the DLC's have reviews, just click on each DLC line. [8D]

wings7 -> RE: Steam sale thread (3/1/2016 3:38:06 PM)

A new release! "Balrum" From the devs: "Balrum is an old-school, hybrid turn-based, open world indie RPG with deep tactical combat. Explore a huge living fantasy world with dozens of side quests next to an epic main quest. In addition to traditional RPG features Balrum has deep crafting which allows the player to craft their own custom items. Balrum also features farming your own crops, building your home, and survival mechanics complemented by the game's main features. In Balrum you will have a faithful animal companion as your pet. Your pet is fully controllable and adds greatly to the complexity of the combat." The developers have a web site, a game manual...check it out!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/424250/

Patrick

Kuokkanen -> RE: Steam sale thread (3/1/2016 3:46:31 PM)

quote:

"Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth" is on sale at 67% off! [:)] Sale ends March 2nd! I'm a little biased on this one, the reviews on Steam have been mixed, I am a Civ devotee!

Is it better than Pandora?

wings7 -> RE: Steam sale thread (3/1/2016 6:45:30 PM)

quote:

quote:

"Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth" is on sale at 67% off! [:)] Sale ends March 2nd! I'm a little biased on this one, the reviews on Steam have been mixed, I am a Civ devotee!

Is it better than Pandora?

I'm more partial to "Beyond Earth" but "Pandora" just as good (if not better)!

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI