Constructor question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Chris21wen -> Constructor question (1/4/2016 8:53:20 PM)

I found a ship with no hyperdrive and no fuel. I sent it back to a base to retire it but the ship was moving so slowly I tried to send a constructor to it to repair but there was no repair option available. In desperation I tried to send the ship to the constructor, this gave me an option to retrofit it so I took that option.

The constructor apparently carrying the ship are now both heading to the nearest space port. Have I found something strange or has it always been so and I missed it.

[image]local://upfiles/5388/432B1867DA774904BD58A9878A5AC158.jpg[/image]

darqnite -> RE: Constructor question (1/4/2016 10:45:48 PM)

I cannot comment on whether you've discovered a 'feature' of constructors, or whether you've uncovered a bug.

I can, however, confirm that your discovery is repeatable, as I have just done it too. (Thanks for that!)

My race is still in pre-warp, but the constructor's speed (max cruise of 14) was not affected by the size/mass of the destroyer. Consequently, the out-of-fuel destroyer got back to my homeworld 5 times faster than it would have by itself.

Talk about a good star-lane repair and recovery service! [:)]

Chris21wen -> RE: Constructor question (1/5/2016 6:41:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: darqnite

I cannot comment on whether you've discovered a 'feature' of constructors, or whether you've uncovered a bug.

I can, however, confirm that your discovery is repeatable, as I have just done it too. (Thanks for that!)

My race is still in pre-warp, but the constructor's speed (max cruise of 14) was not affected by the size/mass of the destroyer. Consequently, the out-of-fuel destroyer got back to my homeworld 5 times faster than it would have by itself.

Talk about a good star-lane repair and recovery service! [:)]

If it's meant to be then it's good. If it's not please leave it alone.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI