German AG Airfield Locations (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa

Tweedledumb -> German AG Airfield Locations (1/6/2016 6:33:29 PM)

Still loving this game!

Talking to my PBEM buddy, we both agreed that it would be nice if:

1. Your current airfield location is mentioned/highlighted when Goering asks you if you want to re-locate it
2. On the map, your current AG airfield is highlighted in green or something with a little N,C or S

Keep up the good work!

PS In the same vein as #1, your current FSB should be mentioned/highlighted when asked to move it as well

Franciscus -> RE: German AG Airfield Locations (1/6/2016 7:03:12 PM)

+1 !

lancer -> RE: German AG Airfield Locations (1/7/2016 9:22:20 AM)

Hi Tweedledumb,

The current airfield is highlighted in each airfield relocation decision in the report from Goring (going from memory) recommending that you stay where you are.

Good idea for the map highlight although this isn't a small job.

I'll put it on the list.

Cheers,
Cameron

Tweedledumb -> RE: German AG Airfield Locations (1/7/2016 4:07:24 PM)

Thanks for looking at this, Cameron.

It's cosmetic, so don't take time away from important changes!

Brilliant design BTW.

Killjoy12 -> RE: German AG Airfield Locations (1/8/2016 3:49:36 PM)

Is there an easy way to find the current location on the map ?

CaptCarnage -> RE: German AG Airfield Locations (1/8/2016 4:07:50 PM)

To be honest, this is all a bit superfluous IMO.

If you don't know where your airfield is (or FSB) you are not playing the game right. It's not a difficult map you know... and there is only one of each in each theater..

Falke -> RE: German AG Airfield Locations (1/8/2016 9:13:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skyhigh

To be honest, this is all a bit superfluous IMO.

I would disagree with this. An Aide would realistically say "airfield is at X but we could move to y" and not as current only "we
could move to y"

It is a minor Irritation to have to check a different Report to check where it currently is.

At least for thoose playing PBEM, it could mean trying to remember multiple Locations in different games. So Overall
if easy to Change in the coding i think it should be done.

CaptCarnage -> RE: German AG Airfield Locations (1/8/2016 10:11:15 PM)

As the airgame is abstracted (i.e. you are not actually clicking on it to make the bombers go up and do their thing) the geographical location of the airbase is not so relevant.

I agree that I would appreciate some information on the benefits of the new airport - for example, when asked to relocate the FSB you get clear distance info and the new rail effort. So when offered a new airfield we could do with the benefits that that airfield would give us (e.g. fuel savings, if possible).

lancer -> RE: German AG Airfield Locations (1/9/2016 9:04:40 AM)

Hi,

The current airfield locations are marked with an icon on the map. Press '0' to remove the units and get a clear view, '2' or '1' to return them.

The air relocation decisions provide a figure for the quality of any proposed alternative airfields and also highlight the quality of the current one.

Add more information to the maps in the report bundles may be possible.

Cheers,
Cameron

Tweedledumb -> RE: German AG Airfield Locations (1/10/2016 1:50:05 AM)

Howdy Cameron,

I might be blind, colour-blind or just oblivious, but when I remove all the units, all I see are a bunch of Orange POTENTIAL airfield locations. I have no way of visually seeing where the current Luftwaffe airfields are for each AG.

What am I missing??

baloo7777 -> RE: German AG Airfield Locations (1/10/2016 4:10:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tweedledumb

Howdy Cameron,

I might be blind, colour-blind or just oblivious, but when I remove all the units, all I see are a bunch of Orange POTENTIAL airfield locations. I have no way of visually seeing where the current Luftwaffe airfields are for each AG.

What am I missing??

I only see the potential airfield also.

lancer -> RE: German AG Airfield Locations (1/10/2016 8:12:33 AM)

Hi,

Same orange but they've got a blue circle underneath them. You can see a potential site at Grodno (right centre).

Cheers,
Cameron

[image]local://upfiles/18498/8980DCC932BB4920A6F3CAABF842D920.jpg[/image]

James Ward -> RE: German AG Airfield Locations (1/10/2016 1:50:46 PM)

I find myself constantly checking the map when asked to change airfields. Perhaps if the text mentioned where you airfield currently was or your current airfield was highlighted on the map you can pull up in the decision menu it would be easier.

baloo7777 -> RE: German AG Airfield Locations (1/10/2016 3:33:05 PM)

AHHH! The blue circle!!! [:'(]

Thanks Cameron! Love this game. Great work you and Vic are doing also!

Tweedledumb -> RE: German AG Airfield Locations (1/10/2016 8:01:49 PM)

Thanks, Cameron for the blue circle highlight! Missed that.

As James, says below, it would be nice if the current FSB and/or airfield is mentioned in the document asking you if you want to move it.

Brilliant game BTW - but you know that!

Philippeatbay -> RE: German AG Airfield Locations (1/10/2016 10:23:15 PM)

There's an alternate set of logistics symbols that makes things a little clearer:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/uENkB7b.jpg[/img]

Airbases in use have white planes on blue backgrounds, potential airbases just have yellow planes.

This 'mod' is an alternate set of textures made by Frederic Genot, the artist who did much (most?) of the artwork for the game. Not sure why these weren't part of the release.

Here's the link to a thread about this mod.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3981092

You can get the mod from Vic's website (you have to register first, but that should be no big deal).

davekinva -> RE: German AG Airfield Locations (2/22/2016 1:18:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: James Ward

I find myself constantly checking the map when asked to change airfields. Perhaps if the text mentioned where you airfield currently was or your current airfield was highlighted on the map you can pull up in the decision menu it would be easier.

I can't tell you how ANNOYING this is, it ought to be a simple fix in the report: please always tell the player where their airfield and FSB is in the text of the decision suggesting moving it... thanks!

ChuckBerger -> RE: German AG Airfield Locations (2/22/2016 1:24:22 AM)

Hmmm. This is all a bit of a storm in a tea-kettle.

Unlike FSB relocation decisions, airfield relocation decisions are nearly always no-brainers. You want your airfield as close as possible to the army it is meant to be supporting. Relocation takes a single turn, unlike FSBs. So your decision (provided you have enough PPs, and provided the airbase isn't at risk of being overrun by the Russians) is pretty much always: move it forward. There's not a lot of looking around or thinking to do. It's a straightforward matter of getting the thing as far forward as possible. (And in AGS, deciding whether you want it more north, usually to support panzergruppe 4, or more south, to support 11th army)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI