Fuel Air Drops to Panzergruppes - every turn? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa

Tweedledumb -> Fuel Air Drops to Panzergruppes - every turn? (1/12/2016 10:53:03 PM)

I've been dropping fuel to all my Panzergruppes every turn from the first.

I didn't think of this until after playing a few games, but it seems to me that the 2,000-3,000 fuel is worth the Tac Air modifier, especially if the Luftwaffe is busy nailing the VVS on the ground!

Does everyone else drop fuel to their Panzergruppes every turn (at least early in the game)?

baloo7777 -> RE: Fuel Air Drops to Panzergruppes - every turn? (1/13/2016 1:05:24 AM)

My one time try in a desperate fuel situation didn't work in my PBEM game (see thread air resupply). No idea what happened, but started and ended with 0 fuel.

Speedysteve -> RE: Fuel Air Drops to Panzergruppes - every turn? (1/13/2016 5:55:54 AM)

I don't do it every turn no. Occasionally dependent on fuel needs. It's no free ticket though with a reduction in tac support (as you mention), pp cost and its not free fuel as it just takes it away from the global pool for next turn

Gunnulf -> RE: Fuel Air Drops to Panzergruppes - every turn? (1/13/2016 2:03:04 PM)

I'd thought about whether somebody would try it every turn especially early on, but not tried it myself. Does seem like potential to be a bit gamey and a-historic. The fuel drop was used more at the extremes in the south I believe more so than early on. As speedy says, its not free as PPs are fairly scarce. But I'd be tempted to suggest that its not an active option until at least the TAC cards are already available, and maybe also it should have a escalating PP cost of +1 each time it is used. Goering wouldn't want his transports used as delivery trucks too often before he got possessive I suspect, and overuse would increase losses and the cost of the tactic.

Flaviusx -> RE: Fuel Air Drops to Panzergruppes - every turn? (1/13/2016 2:15:23 PM)

You play this each and every turn, no ifs ands or buts until your panzers are all set to sustained offensive and no longer care about fuel. (Which still annoys me. I think this is fairly broken.)

The only interesting question here is which PG gets the love.

baloo7777 -> RE: Fuel Air Drops to Panzergruppes - every turn? (1/13/2016 2:19:20 PM)

Make the PPs very costly so this becomes less of a gamey tactic.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI