Semi-destroyed airbase + destroyed GE fort is Allied (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support

Krikke100 -> Semi-destroyed airbase + destroyed GE fort is Allied (1/13/2016 7:58:54 PM)

Hello,

I'm playing the grand campaign as Allies against the AI with the latest patch, 1.01.12, and have a semi-disappeared airbase. In my turn 5 I launched a 1/3 div landing in the hex NE of Olbia (Sardinia) combined with a para drop on Olbia itself, which succeeded. Now in turn 7 I want to land planes on the conquered airstrip at Olbia but I notice the airbase is missing.
- No airbase symbol on the map
- No Olbia airbase in my units list
- No airbase attached to the Olbia hex
When I select the hex I do still see the airbase symbol in the right top of the screen (in between the name and the port symbol) and when I select the hex in air-transfer mode it also shows the airbase unit. Through the symbol right top I can open the airbase unit screen, which has no elements listed whatsoever. I tried basing a fighter unit in the base, which worked, but the next turn the airbase is again empty, the air unit having returned to the reserve. I was also no longer able to open the airbase unit screen, even though the symbol right top of the screen was still there upon hex selection.

While watching what happened with planes based on this weird base I also noticed that somewhere in between my turn 7 and my turn 8 a German fortress unit was destroyed (not through any action of my own) and that this loss counted as an Allied unit destroyed rather than an Axis one (even though the nationality is listed as GE).

I have saves for the start and end of all turns of this campaign and both issues seem to repeat upon ending respectively the 5th and the 7th turn (at least with the AI playing Axis, I did not test taking over the Axis turn too). Saves during my turn 5 (just before dropping on Olbia) and turn 7 (where I noticed the airbase problem and after which the Allied German fort got destroyed) are in the attached file. Saves from other turns are available if necessary.

I did change the prep points for allied units in the editor for this campaign, as I wanted to play with turn 1 ahistorical landings, but I doubt that would affect this issue.

Thank you for looking at this.

Best,

Kris

Helpless -> RE: Semi-destroyed airbase + destroyed GE fort is Allied (1/13/2016 10:46:45 PM)

I was able to replicate the issue caused by the bug the airborne combat routine. Thanks for the report.

Krikke100 -> RE: Semi-destroyed airbase + destroyed GE fort is Allied (1/14/2016 5:02:18 PM)

No problem, I hope it's nothing too problematic.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI