USSR 2.0: Middle East Rumble draft - Syria + Jordan + Greece vs Turkey + SA (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design

spec111 -> USSR 2.0: Middle East Rumble draft - Syria + Jordan + Greece vs Turkey + SA (1/17/2016 1:56:51 PM)

USSR 2.0: Middle East Rumble draft - Syria + Jordan + Greece vs Turkey + SA

Hello. This is my OOB\TOE study of nice Middle East Rumble in 2000's. No, it is not full scenario, just very nice playable maquette and dummy. You can modify it at your own with small notice about author of original OOB, TOE and scen itself. Map is not mine, it is from some other scen.

This scenario is largely what-if and my primary object was to explore possible OOB and TOE for Syria and Turkey. OOBs of other three countries was not so expanded.

Sources for OOB and TOE - Wikipedia, Globalsecurity, Military Balance, various internet sites and my own grognard toe\oob experience.

I rewrite this description second time after some browser force-major so it is enough. [:'(]

https://vk.com/doc-77838036_437862247

p.s.
I attached slightly reworked .eqp file. Dont worry, its only correctly renames soviet tanks (like T-55, T-62, etc) to comply with reality and makes syrian tank oob much more interesting and pleasure to look.

spec111 -> RE: Middle East Rumble draft - Syria + Jordan + Greece vs Turkey + Saudi Arabia. (1/26/2016 5:21:07 PM)

So... no one is interested and no comments? Ok... Another 3 days are wasted. =)

josant -> RE: Middle East Rumble draft - Syria + Jordan + Greece vs Turkey + Saudi Arabia. (1/27/2016 6:06:01 PM)

This forum is so quiet
The scenario I think that is a good idea, but I would change some minor things, for example; Syria never have T-90/BTR-70/BTR-80A, you use as main tank the T-72 (late), in the game the latest version of the T-72, but syria only have the T-72 export model variants (T-72M, T-72M1, T-72G) without reactive armor, there are many BMP-2 (syria only have about 100 BMP-2 in Rep Guard units) also there are to many Mig-29.
On the other hand, you use the M1A2 for Saudi Arabia, The M1A2 of Saudi Arabia are downgraded versions withouth depleted uranium armor, so I think that M1A1 would be more accurate

Lobster -> RE: Middle East Rumble draft - Syria + Jordan + Greece vs Turkey + Saudi Arabia. (1/27/2016 11:56:31 PM)

Perhaps still recovering after the most recent kick in the teeth: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4010685

jezqus -> RE: Middle East Rumble draft - Syria + Jordan + Greece vs Turkey + Saudi Arabia. (3/3/2016 4:59:09 PM)

spec111 - can you please provide new link with scenario? Old one is not working.

Jez

spec111 -> RE: Middle East Rumble draft - Syria + Jordan + Greece vs Turkey + Saudi Arabia. (9/12/2016 6:27:02 PM)

I will try to repost it. Original of this scenario is on HDD with bad SMART. So i even doesnt sure that i will able to force it to work normally. If someone has copy of this scenario - please send it to this topic.

spec111 -> RE: Middle East Rumble draft - Syria + Jordan + Greece vs Turkey + Saudi Arabia. (9/12/2016 6:37:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: josant

This forum is so quiet
The scenario I think that is a good idea, but I would change some minor things, for example; Syria never have T-90/BTR-70/BTR-80A, you use as main tank the T-72 (late), in the game the latest version of the T-72, but syria only have the T-72 export model variants (T-72M, T-72M1, T-72G) without reactive armor, there are many BMP-2 (syria only have about 100 BMP-2 in Rep Guard units) also there are to many Mig-29.
On the other hand, you use the M1A2 for Saudi Arabia, The M1A2 of Saudi Arabia are downgraded versions withouth depleted uranium armor, so I think that M1A1 would be more accurate

Yepp! T-90/BTR-80/BTR-80A/BMP-2/Mig-29 is "whatif" part of OOB. Most T-72 are with reactive armor because Russia offers a lot of cheap ERA-armor kit thats marketed directly to such (third-world) customers. Kontakt-5, etc. So in this scenario i try to portrait alternative world with Russia thats are much more conservative (even to covert USSR 2.0) and willing to help Syria with modern equipment.

M1A1? Historically - of course. But i think there is two moments. First of all we know that it is downgraded version of M1A2 only from official reports. So it is possible that saudis Abrams in fact are M1A2. =) Remember, we are talking about era of Gulf panic of 90's. Secondary, if we are talking about world with alternative Syria OOB, what about some powerups for Saudis?

Thx for your time and playing my scen. :D

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI