rebuilt units keep their withdraw date... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

stretch -> rebuilt units keep their withdraw date... (1/18/2016 10:09:38 PM)

This is just a live and learn moment for me.. thought I'd share....

If an air unit with a withdraw date is rebuilt, it keeps that date. If the date is early enough it can arrive on map already overdue for withdraw.

This is my mistake, I just didn't think about it. And the withdraw date isn't shown in the unit info when looking at it from the rebuild unit screen. So if you aren't sure.... check before you rebuild by loading an earlier save, or checking in the editor.

example shown below just for fun.

[image]local://upfiles/5040/CB090EFDD1D84A9B8373A9E9F920B2B7.jpg[/image]

BBfanboy -> RE: rebuilt units keep their withdraw date... (1/19/2016 3:00:34 AM)

Another painful wrinkle in this maddeningly complex game!
Thanks for pointing that out!

btd64 -> RE: rebuilt units keep their withdraw date... (1/19/2016 3:19:09 AM)

Number one, always check withdrawal dates and be aware of what units withdraw. Includes ships. If you have to write them down, then do so. Number two, if you are just withdrawing a unit, don't withdraw units that go bye bye. Disband them when the time is right....GP

jimh009 -> RE: rebuilt units keep their withdraw date... (1/19/2016 4:47:35 AM)

I discovered that the hard way, too. I withdrew (instead of disbanding) many Dutch air units in order to preserve the pilots. Those units came back 60 days later...and in total cost me around 1000 victory points due to overdue aircraft! All because I wanted to save a few pilots and air frames for the miniscule dutch air force that exists once Java is conquered. Expensive lesson.

Needless to say, since then I've always disbanded these units - instead of withdrawing them. Disbanded units won't come back.

m10bob -> RE: rebuilt units keep their withdraw date... (1/20/2016 1:53:13 PM)

100% of the time you are asked if you wish the unit to return, and you must manually respond "NO!", lest you get dinged by the brasshats in D.C.[:D]

Anachro -> RE: rebuilt units keep their withdraw date... (1/20/2016 4:39:15 PM)

I'm sure people will point out why I'm wrong, but isn't disbanding a group before it's withdrawn somewhat gamey?

jimh009 -> RE: rebuilt units keep their withdraw date... (1/21/2016 3:28:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anachro

I'm sure people will point out why I'm wrong, but isn't disbanding a group before it's withdrawn somewhat gamey?

Well, in my case when I withdrew the dutch pilots, I did so because the air groups had no planes. And with the piddly dutch reinforcements, there wasn't going to be anymore planes in the pipeline, either.

So, just to "get them out of the way" I got rid of them. Nothing really gamey about that.

Unfortunately, I stupidly "withdrew" the instead of "disbanded" them, leading to the ultimate 1000 victory point ding due to the planes coming back after their hard-coded withdrawl date.

rustysi -> RE: rebuilt units keep their withdraw date... (1/21/2016 3:44:59 AM)

quote:

leading to the ultimate 1000 victory point ding due to the planes coming back after their hard-coded withdrawl date.

I believe the 'ding' is in PP's (political points), not VP's (victory points). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

jimh009 -> RE: rebuilt units keep their withdraw date... (1/21/2016 5:27:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

quote:

leading to the ultimate 1000 victory point ding due to the planes coming back after their hard-coded withdrawl date.

I believe the 'ding' is in PP's (political points), not VP's (victory points). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Correct. my bad.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI