HQ terminology question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

sfatula -> HQ terminology question (1/22/2016 1:19:02 AM)

There is this statement in the manual, some of which I know was later slightly adjusted such as how far command radius bonus extends:

"The best Air HQ of the same command as the base which is within range can add its command radius to the number of groups that can be administrated, or if not in the same command, the nearest HQ will add 1⁄2 its command radius to the number of groups."

So, Guadalcanal scenario, Port Moresby. That base is attached to Southwest Pacific. So, when it says "same command as the base", I presume that means "Southwest Pacific". Not Southwest Pacifics attach to, which is Australia Command.

Now we get to the air HQ part. First, I can't find a definition of an air HQ. However, I do know that by placing the LCU "Southwest Pacific" at Townsville, I get an administrative bonus at the Port Moresby airbase. So, I presume Southwest Pacific functions as an air hq.

Second, does "Southwest Pacific" LCU work because it's name matches the "attached to" of the Port Moresby base? So, "Australia Command" LCU would not work for the same purpose at full effect (as, it would not be the same command)? Or would it?

Just want to get the terminology correct. I believe I found all of the relevant rules and later patch changes. But the terms are rather important!

HansBolter -> RE: HQ terminology question (1/22/2016 10:53:48 AM)

SW PAC is a Command HQ not an Air HQ,

The type of HQ is listed right after the name in the upper left corner of the LCU data box.

BBfanboy -> RE: HQ terminology question (1/22/2016 1:03:18 PM)

Isn't "Australia Command (R)" a national command HQ on its own, not under SWPAC and not possible to buy out to another command?
Do you mean 1 Australian Corps command? It is common to move that one from Australia Command to SWPAC HQ.

As for HQs, you have to look carefully at their details. Most Corps HQs have a command radius (cr) of 1 but I have seen some with a cr of 3 on some Corps HQs.
Command HQs can be 9 or 5 cr. IIRC SOPAC HQ was only 5.

sfatula -> RE: HQ terminology question (1/22/2016 1:58:45 PM)

Yes, SW PAC is a command HQ, I agree. However, it's command radius is 9, and, patch 1 or 2 extended the affects of an AIR HQ to double the command radius, but at 50%. And, I get benefit from having SW PAC in Townsville, thus my question. As soon as SW PAC arrived in Townsville, I got more allowed air groups in Port Moresby. As the game is for fun, I moved SW PAC back south, and, the air group limit went back to 5.

sfatula -> RE: HQ terminology question (1/22/2016 7:58:33 PM)

So, one question based on what I have said and what MAY be true (so asking)... Command HQs sometimes perform (substitute as) a Corps HQ if none if in range. I am curious as to what I am seeing might be the command HQ performing as an AIR HQ in absence of one perhaps?

I cannot explain why I am seeing a benefit in air stacking at Moresby, and it seems to tie to SW PAC being in range, or not if I move it away.

Chris21wen -> RE: HQ terminology question (1/23/2016 7:01:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sfatula

So, one question based on what I have said and what MAY be true (so asking)... Command HQs sometimes perform (substitute as) a Corps HQ if none if in range. I am curious as to what I am seeing might be the command HQ performing as an AIR HQ in absence of one perhaps?

I cannot explain why I am seeing a benefit in air stacking at Moresby, and it seems to tie to SW PAC being in range, or not if I move it away.

From an update. Not this is for admin purposes only it has no effect on missions.

72. Gameplay Change: Command level headquarter units now behave like an Air HQ
for the purpose of determining the over-stacking limits of airfields. The effect radius
of a command HQ extends out to twice the command radius, but only applies half the
affect when the distance to the base is more than the command radius.

sfatula -> RE: HQ terminology question (1/23/2016 7:17:14 AM)

Ah, thank you very much Chris! Kind of seemed that way, missed that note!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI