Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt

Daniele -> Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/25/2016 3:52:59 PM)

As the release date is getting closer it’s time to reveal some introductory videos!

In this first Tutorial you will discover the basics of infantry movement and fire, featuring assaults with Officers charging you main attack, flamethrowers units, combat engineers with satchel charges, line of fire and more!

Get more information about the game from its official product page! Do you want to know more? Take a look on the forum!

leftydad -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/25/2016 7:47:12 PM)

Wow, I thought the video tutorial was excellent!!! Can't wait to purchase.

pad152 -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/25/2016 7:56:28 PM)

Video looks good![:)]

Questions:

1. Does the battle log get saved for after game viewing?

2. Mortar, why didn't the mortar have the option to fire smoke?

Gerry4321 -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/25/2016 8:39:11 PM)

I think some Mortars did not have smoke.

Paullus -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/25/2016 9:01:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pad152

Video looks good![:)]

Questions:

1. Does the battle log get saved for after game viewing?

2. Mortar, why didn't the mortar have the option to fire smoke?

Great that you liked it :-)

1. No it is not saved

2. This is a light 50mm mortar and has no smoke capability

Gerry4321 -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/26/2016 12:36:14 AM)

Very nice video and game system. Something I can relate to. Really like 2-D, so much easier to play than 3-D (wondering if you nudge the tank forward a mm on the screen will it get blown to kingdom come; in 2-D you have an idea of what could see you).

DonCzirr -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/26/2016 12:37:44 AM)

Thanks - looks good.

Will there be an option to put location / building name labels on the map? (Shift + Alt)

I like that option from Squad Battles ....

Ronhudale -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/26/2016 1:12:58 AM)

Would I be correct in assuming the game can only be played in 2D and that 3D is not an option.

Peter Fisla -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/26/2016 1:14:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ronhudale

Would I be correct in assuming the game can only be played in 2D and that 3D is not an option.

Yes, only in 2D

Peter Fisla -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/26/2016 1:15:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DonCzirr

Thanks - looks good.

Will there be an option to put location / building name labels on the map? (Shift + Alt)

No sorry, perhaps in Expansion

DonCzirr -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/26/2016 1:48:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

quote:

Thanks - looks good.

Ok thanks for keeping it in mind.

Zap -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/26/2016 2:31:35 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks - looks good.

Ok thanks for keeping it in mind.

Not knowing anything at all about what I'm talking about but can't a game designer just put in a Shift-Alt key to allow fighting in two level buildings. Like, when you press the shift key to get a Capital letter. Press the shift key and go to the second floor!!!! Its that easy. Right. don't laugh too hard but imagine how wonderful this game would be with that feature.

Gerry4321 -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/26/2016 2:36:53 AM)

I want multi-level buildings so much. With a 2-D map, and hills already supported, I am not sure why it would be so hard to do this. Peter I really hope you will consider this for the next game/expansion.

DonCzirr -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/26/2016 2:19:54 PM)

quote:

Not knowing anything at all about what I'm talking about but can't a game designer just put in a Shift-Alt key to allow fighting in two level buildings. Like, when you press the shift key to get a Capital letter. Press the shift key and go to the second floor!!!! Its that easy. Right. don't laugh too hard but imagine how wonderful this game would be with that feature.

LOL - your request sounds a lot more complicated than mine. I just wanted a text label to appear next to a building like "Tractor Factory"

But - I do like multi-level building fighting. I have had some very entertaining moments in Combat Mission Red Thunder with that sort of thing ....

sambruzs -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/26/2016 8:03:23 PM)

Cheers

Tutorial looks great. I'm in!!!

Will the mechanics of "fire attacks" be explained.
example

Total attack factors, defensive terrain, hindered LOS modifiers, etc.
It always helps to know (figure out) why an attack succeeded or failed.

Blond_Knight -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/27/2016 12:44:52 PM)

That has to be about the worst GUI Ive ever seen. It looks so primitive.

bo -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/27/2016 9:02:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blond_Knight

Worst GUI ever seen, nice, how do you really feel Dark Night?[:(]

It looks so primitive, as compared to what, I heard the same bull about World in Flames UI, which works fine IMO, I am not familiar with this type of game as I normally play strategic games, but for the size and scope of the game which seems very small the UI seems to be able to do the job for this map size.

If you are a programmer which I doubt, give us a better GUI, in your opinion of course.

Thank you

Bo

Blond_Knight -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/27/2016 10:18:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bo

quote:

Worst GUI ever seen, nice, how do you really feel Dark Night?[:(]

It looks so primitive, as compared to what, I heard the same bull about World in Flames UI

Bo

quote:

It looks so primitive, as compared to what, I heard the same bull about World in Flames

Exactly.

DonCzirr -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/27/2016 11:08:57 PM)

Map, menu and units all look fine to me.

I notice that there is some real estate that's free over in the lower area of the right hand side-bar.

I'd like to see unit portraits in that space for perhaps the first selected unit / leader in the hex.

No benefits to working the interface but as in Squad Battles, but I feel this puts some nice color / flavor to the game.

Gerry4321 -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/27/2016 11:41:01 PM)

In terms of that open space on the right I would like menu (Move/Assault/ .... for example) to be moved closer to the actual map so if it is a small map the menu is closer to the map.

giffin -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/28/2016 1:34:09 AM)

Best Video tutorial I have seen on a PC game! Really looking forward to this game! When is the next tutorial scheduled to be released?

Recognition -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/28/2016 5:22:53 AM)

Looks interesting, reminds me of Tillers Squad battles as Im sure has been mentioned before.

Good Luck with this.

Zap -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/28/2016 5:31:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gerry

In terms of that open space on the right I would like menu (Move/Assault/ .... for example) to be moved closer to the actual map so if it is a small map the menu is closer to the map.

If that space could be used for something rather then the blackness either of the suggestions above. I don't see it as a bad or primitive

waltero -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/28/2016 8:18:06 AM)

quote:

I think the GUI looks precise and calculating. It looks like it will have the right feel.
Should coincide with the game perfectly.

Peter Fisla -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/28/2016 11:09:39 AM)

Similar in ASL, Tigers on the Hunt you can geoboards connected together, 4 horizontally and 3 vertically giving you total of 12 boards to play on. If a dcenario used less then 12 map then that space will be black, it's just way the engine was coded.

Peter Fisla -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/28/2016 11:17:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Punisher007

Best Video tutorial I have seen on a PC game! Really looking forward to this game! When is the next tutorial scheduled to be released?

I think, the next video should be out on Monday, next week.

DonCzirr -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/28/2016 12:01:16 PM)

quote:

Similar in ASL, Tigers on the Hunt you can geoboards connected together, 4 horizontally and 3 vertically giving you total of 12 boards to play on. If a dcenario used less then 12 map then that space will be black, it's just way the engine was coded.

I think we may be talking about a different area.

There's a side bar to the right of the map area that seems to have some real estate that is not used - did not seem that way in the video at least.

That's what I was referring to potentially for unit portraits - see comment above.

I understand what you are saying about the map - JTS SB is like that too and that is fine.

Peter Fisla -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/28/2016 12:13:21 PM)

The side bar as buttons, it's just that I don't display all of them all the time, I inly display buttons that apply to a particular situation or game segment, to keep game clean interface as clean as possible. All the game interface and buttons is explained in the game manual.

DonCzirr -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/28/2016 1:04:50 PM)

quote:

The side bar as buttons, it's just that I don't display all of them all the time, I inly display buttons that apply to a particular situation or game segment, to keep game clean interface as clean as possible. All the game interface and buttons is explained in the game manual.

NP - not a deal breaker for me but - I'd like to list this as a request for a potential feature add in later updates / modules - as I am very much into the atmosphere of a game in addition to the mechanics. Imagine the atmosphere the guy below could bring to the experience ;)

[image][URL=http://s48.photobucket.com/user/d_con_k/media/udo_zps9xl84xsp.jpg.html][IMG]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/d_con_k/udo_zps9xl84xsp.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/image]

Tell_g -> RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video (1/28/2016 4:22:10 PM)

Hello
For me the GUI is just fine, quite simple and seams easy to use.
Of course you need to understand the game mechanics but when this is done the GUI will be very powerfull for the user.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI