Wine/Parallels/ etc (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt

DaveyJJ -> Wine/Parallels/ etc (2/1/2016 8:09:00 PM)

Given the minimal graphic requirements for the game, can I assume this should run decently emulated on my recent OSX machine (dedicated video card) under Wine or via Parallels, etc? Thanks.

Peter Fisla -> RE: Wine/Parallels/ etc (2/1/2016 10:37:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DaveyJJ

Given the minimal graphic requirements for the game, can I assume this should run decently emulated on my recent OSX machine (dedicated video card) under Wine or via Parallels, etc? Thanks.

I have tested the game on linux under Wine and it works...I don't know about OSX

DaveyJJ -> RE: Wine/Parallels/ etc (2/1/2016 10:46:47 PM)

Thanks. I'll either assume it'll run bottled on OSX, or wait until a demo appears and try it out before buying.

Peter Fisla -> RE: Wine/Parallels/ etc (2/1/2016 11:09:10 PM)

I only use GDI+ windows graphics library, and ogg vorbis for sound so I think you should be fine on OSX. Sorry, there won't be a demo...

DaveyJJ -> RE: Wine/Parallels/ etc (2/2/2016 10:47:45 AM)

Okay, thanks.

zoikkis -> RE: Wine/Parallels/ etc (10/29/2016 9:14:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: DaveyJJ

I have tested the game on linux under Wine and it works...I don't know about OSX

I've been able to make it run with OSX and Wine but it has some problems:

- File menu doesn't appear on top (both editor and the game) so you don't have access to that
- Tactical map overlaps with Unit Control Panel and Action Log Window so that you cannot see the uppermost line from those windows. I've tried several resolutions and all has the same problem
- Game generally runs much slower than with a PC with equivalent processing power

I've tried with two different MACs, one having OSX Lion and the other OSX Mavericks. One uses 1280x800 and the other 1920x1080. Many different Wine engines tried starting from 1.2 to 1.9.xx, also been trying many different "screen options" from Wine settings and installing some additional stuff like GDI, DirectX, .NET framework etc. Both machines have exactly same problems.

Peter, if you know any winetricks or additional stuff that should be installed, would be great to know!

Peter Fisla -> RE: Wine/Parallels/ etc (10/29/2016 12:48:20 PM)

Hmmm, I haven't tested it on mac hardware. I was running Oracle's Virtual Box on PC with I think it was Ubuntu and I had no problem with the game. It was slower yes; older version of my game run on standard GDI library but since in the final version version of the game transparency was added, I had to switch to GDI+. Is GDI+ installed on your linux ?

zoikkis -> RE: Wine/Parallels/ etc (10/29/2016 1:28:20 PM)

I've got GDI+ installed thru Winetricks. Here's a screenshot attached running in windowed mode. It looks similar in fullscreen too.

[image]local://upfiles/52859/EBCD9F0536F349BFA44AF94AA627E1CB.jpg[/image]

Noypi53 -> RE: Wine/Parallels/ etc (10/29/2016 3:29:48 PM)

Am running the game in Parallels (OSX>Yosemite) & no problems found.

mjessen -> RE: Wine/Parallels/ etc (11/7/2016 12:55:10 PM)

Installed The game Yesterday using winebottler. It runs like a charm.

Zoikkis, hos did tou install mods??

Michael

Strobe2 -> RE: Wine/Parallels/ etc (2/27/2017 5:15:58 PM)

For me (running Wine under Linux) the overlap disappears if I use Windowed mode (by changing Windowed=No to Windowed=Yes in TOTH's Configuration.ini) and disable "Emulate a virtual desktop" in the wine settings. Also, the window resolution (Sizex and Sizey in Configuration.ini) must be smaller than my screen size.

Vantskruv -> RE: Wine/Parallels/ etc (5/8/2020 6:04:09 PM)

It seems like it telling me there is some problem with my serial when I start it up.
And also it cannot reach the servers when checking for an update.
I will try fiddling more.
Running ArchLinux.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI