Modding Units (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Order of Battle : World War II >> Scenario Design and Modding

lionel1957 -> Modding Units (2/4/2016 12:53:45 AM)

In version 2.2.5 with Morning Sun, if I want to mode only units---do I mode the units.csv file or the units.txt file, or both?

If I do mode those files, do I leave them in their current folder--or do I mode those files in the mydocuments/mygames etc. folder?

If I can get a simple step by step how to mode units, that is what I need.

Thank you

Erik2 -> RE: Modding Units (2/4/2016 9:23:43 AM)

You can probably use the Battle Of Britain mod as a template. There are a few extra units in there.

Create a My games ... Mods/your_mod folder.
Create a Data folder in your_mod folder.
Move a copy of the units.csv file there.
If you only want to mod an existing unit, open the units.csv file in a spreadsheet. I use Open Office.
If you want to add new units you also need to create a Language folder in the your_mod folder.
Duplicate an existing unit in the units.csv and use this as a template. Change the number to something unique xxxx and edit other suitable fields. Keep it simple at first.
Copy the english_2.txt file from the default game installation, rename it english_mod.txt.
Add a line unit_xxxx = Your Equipment (example unit_2064 = Fairey Swordfish I) in the language file. This is the name displayed in the editor and the game.

Hope this helps
Erik

lionel1957 -> RE: Modding Units (2/5/2016 12:54:37 AM)

Erik,

Thank you for the information. I will try this tonight.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI