"Can't Load a File" (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support

byron13 -> "Can't Load a File" (2/10/2016 3:21:01 AM)

Was using 1.00.11 and tried updating straight into 1.01.20. Everything seemed fine, but I can neither select scenarios nor any saved games. Instead, I get a "Can't upload a file 2.0x5" message. Tried overwriting with 1.01.12 and get a similar message (I think "Can't upload a file 2.0" or something similar).

Any ideas? I wouldn't mind reloading the base game, but I will have to redownload. Do I need an intermediate patch?

Joel Billings -> RE: "Can't Load a File" (2/10/2016 3:44:41 AM)

You shouldn't need an intermediate patch as they are intended to be comprehensive. I'm not a techie, but when I see things like this I often hear it suggested to reinstall the game from scratch. Also, anti-virus software can cause problems with installations sometimes so it should be deactivated during the install. If those things don't work, hopefully someone else has some ideas for you.

Helpless -> RE: "Can't Load a File" (2/10/2016 7:09:53 AM)

Error code translates ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED (0x5). So it looks like local security issue. You may check if it is installing under "Program Files".

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3976486

zakblood -> RE: "Can't Load a File" (2/10/2016 9:50:38 AM)

if you need a new install / download link,

Just open a tech support ticket or contact http://www.matrixgames.com/support/ with your order details (order reference number or/and email address used when placed the order) and they will provide you with new download links.

Joel Billings -> RE: "Can't Load a File" (2/10/2016 6:08:45 PM)

Did you install this to the Program Files folder, or did you install it to the default Matrix Games folder? As Pavel said there can be admin issues when installing to the program files folder.

byron13 -> RE: "Can't Load a File" (2/11/2016 2:09:27 PM)

Loading the game into Program Files seems to have been the problem. I tried every other variable and only loading into the default Matrix Games directory rather than Program Files did the trick.

Thank you to everyone that assisted in this matter.

Denniss -> RE: "Can't Load a File" (2/11/2016 4:18:35 PM)

Strange - shouldn't the installer request a Windows UAC prompt (popup) to receive write access to program files folder?

zakblood -> RE: "Can't Load a File" (2/11/2016 6:37:26 PM)

on windows 10 run from a admin account and run the file / exe as admin, it's not needed as UAC will be auto sorted when you install it, or that's how it work's on pro anyway, on home it may be something completely different tbh

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI