No Ship Production in Random Games (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series

jmeyer7000both -> No Ship Production in Random Games (2/15/2016 2:19:19 AM)

Have been away from ATG for a while, and can't remember much about naval operations, but many random games I've tried using anewdawn3.at2 are created without having "Ships" listed as a production choice, even when there are oceans and distinct continents. Is this normal?
Cheers,
Jim M

Tac2i -> RE: No Ship Production in Random Games (2/15/2016 11:39:21 AM)

Is the city or shipyard on a coastal hex?

[image]local://upfiles/16226/AFF699C73E50432A960D67EE074602F9.jpg[/image]

jmeyer7000both -> RE: No Ship Production in Random Games (2/15/2016 3:17:35 PM)

Yes, there's a city on a coast at the beginning of a number of games generated and no ships are available. But after a save and restart, as with some tests today, it seems that ships can then be built. (One match, I confused the abilities of a port vs. a shipyard, which explains the problem.)

Shouldn't ships always be available at start when a city is on a coastal hex? Also, I swear my current game didn't have ships available when saved last night, but does upon a restart today.

jmeyer7000both -> RE: No Ship Production in Random Games (2/15/2016 3:31:21 PM)

Upon further review, my problem simply seems to be that you need to click on the coastal city in order to she that ships are available. Somehow thought that could determine this in the overall production screen. Sorry.

Tac2i -> RE: No Ship Production in Random Games (2/15/2016 4:09:52 PM)

Welcome to ATG! It is a great game with a lot of depth. You'll get the hang of it the more you play. If you haven't already checkout the Info for Newbies post.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI