Battleground: Ardennes by Activision (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Hyregoth -> Battleground: Ardennes by Activision (2/22/2016 2:38:24 AM)

I just finished looking at what's available for Tigers on the Hunt and it seems like a nice game.
I don't understand why Matrix is working on this when the Battleground: Ardennes uses the Squad
Leader sequence of play but is a much better game than John Tillers Campaign Series. Since Matrix
owns both, why not import the scenarios from JTCS into B:A and have an awesome game?

Ostwindflak -> RE: Battleground: Ardennes by Activision (2/23/2016 8:40:57 PM)

I could be wrong here, but I do not believe Matrix owns the rights to any of the JTCS games.

Rosseau -> RE: Battleground: Ardennes by Activision (2/25/2016 12:09:30 AM)

I have so many JTCS, HPS, and the newer JTG products, I don't want another rehash. Now I loved Divided Ground, so bought CSME without hesitation.

TotH has German/Russian/U.S. OOBs and seems much further fleshed out. This increases complexity, so I will be playing very small scenarios for quite a while.

I am tempted to download Battleground: Ardennes by Activision at old-games.com for the $6.95 fast download deal. Many also find SPWaW and SPMBT to be enjoyable. I come back to them every year or so, and they are good.

No doubt, TotH will require a commitment to play. But the movement routines do not seem to be too tedious, so it's all up to the excitement factor, which is individual taste. Thanks for reminding us about B:A though [:)]

Hyregoth -> RE: Battleground: Ardennes by Activision (2/27/2016 2:18:06 AM)

I think you'll find B:A incredibly entertaining. I haven't played their other titles but you'll see the Squad leader system
used expertly and much better graphics than TotH. Thanks for your response.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI