French War protesters deface US war memorial (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

tracer -> French War protesters deface US war memorial (4/3/2003 12:24:13 AM)

I'm looking for the link now, but when I saw this a few minutes ago on the news I saw [COLOR=red]RED[/COLOR] . :mad:

Voriax -> (4/3/2003 12:30:32 AM)

British Memorial. Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2907701.stm

And the morons couldn't even draw the swastika correctly...tells quite a lot of the intelligence..or lack of it.

Voriax

rbrunsman -> (4/3/2003 1:44:46 AM)

I think that people that do these sort of things aren't really that concerned with the war so much as just looking for an excuse to be destructive.

The same thing happened in LA when those cops were acquitted for the Rodney King beating. Do you really think those people storming through the streets, breaking into businesses to steal TVs, were doing it in protest? The same for the guys that bashed the skull of the unlucky truckdriver they came across while they were rampaging. These people are just idiots looking for a "cover" for their destructive urges.

Hopefully, the "painters" will be caught and subjected to some sort of humiliation like some judges are doing in the States. I read one shoplifter had to wear a sandwich board in front of the store he stole from saying he was a shoplifter. Great punishment, IMHO.

Belisarius -> (4/3/2003 2:19:31 AM)

Valid point, rbrunsman. It's the same kind of people that we saw in LA, Seattle, here in Gothenburg, in Italy...etc.

They're not helping anyone. :mad:

tracer -> (4/3/2003 2:19:42 AM)

I only heard 'French protesters deface memorial to 11,000 Allied troops who died' and when I looked up I saw a red swastika...then all I heard was the throbbing in my ears.

I'll make sure I 'count to ten' before posting next time. :D

Now that I've read the story I see that it was a [I]cemetery.[/I] Despicable. Here's a post from the 'comments' forum attached to this story: http://news.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?action=m&board=37138459&tid=apeugenfrancebritishcemetery&sid=37138459&mid=62

Its a little harsh, but IMO correctly points out the prevailing atmosphere that could generate this type of act.

Irinami -> (4/3/2003 5:07:37 AM)

I like Singapore.

tracer -> (4/3/2003 6:16:17 AM)

Sorry; that story just really twisted my gut. Here's a positive thought on it:
http://news.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?action=m&board=37138459&tid=apeugenfrancebritishcemetery&sid=37138459&mid=67

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> (4/3/2003 7:13:54 AM)

I saw the thread, I am incapable of saying anything coherent.

Supervisor -> (4/3/2003 9:29:20 AM)

I'm with Sarge on this one, what I 'm thinking wouldn't even be justified in the AOW forum. Nuff said.

Goblin -> (4/3/2003 9:43:36 AM)

:mad: :mad: :( :mad: :mad:

Goblin

rbrunsman -> (4/3/2003 1:32:30 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Irinami
[B]I like Singapore. [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah! Caning, that's the ticket. Stripe their backs a little.

:mad:

M4Jess -> (4/3/2003 7:10:52 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Goblin
[B]:mad: :mad: :( :mad: :mad:

Goblin [/B][/QUOTE]

Oui :mad: :( :mad:

Hawk -> You know what i say (4/3/2003 8:40:31 PM)

I say we bring Our Fallen Men Home from France!!!!!!! They Deserve better treatment for what they gave so that others live in FREEDOM. We honor all our War dead here in America!!!!! Why not bring thses guys home where they will be better Loved!!!!!!!!

tracer -> (4/3/2003 9:18:41 PM)

Hawk,
I understand what you're saying...had the same thoughts myself...then I realized those soldiers had [I]earned[/I] that spot, and no power on this planet can ever take their right to it away.

pops -> (4/3/2003 9:28:44 PM)

I say we place armed honour guards around these sites!!!!!!!

tracer -> (4/3/2003 9:36:35 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pops
[B]I say we place armed honour guards around these sites!!!!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Now [I]there's[/I] a good idea! Kinda like the guards at Buckingham palace, 'cept they [I]won't[/I] stand there like statues when taunted. ;)

Hawk -> Yes Tracer (4/3/2003 9:41:28 PM)

I agree....they did earn that spot and i also agree with pops....:D :D :D Maybe we should put an Honor Guard there....with a Shoot on Site mentality.....;) ;) Or shoot first ask questions later......:D :D :D :) :)

Irinami -> (4/3/2003 9:48:51 PM)

Just like the embassy Marines in the Simpsons.

*WHAP!!*

"We don't take that kidna' crap in America, sir." XD

AbsntMndedProf -> (4/3/2003 10:20:51 PM)

To protest is one thing. To deface the memory of the brave soldiers who gave their youth, their health, and many their lives to keep the World from desending into another dark age is quite another. This makes me want to puke my guts out!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Eric Maietta

AbsntMndedProf -> (4/3/2003 10:27:18 PM)

I think the Royal Navy during the days of the Wooden Walls had the right idea; keel hauling!

Eric Maietta

Mad Daddy -> Sick and Tired of Protesters!! (4/4/2003 12:16:05 AM)

I am really sick and tired of the free peoples of the world protesting and becoming violent because The United States of America is standing up to terrorists and oppresive dictators. IMHO this war should have taken place back in 1991 when we had the men and equipment over there the first time.

Protesters have their right to voice their oppinion, but I also have a right to my opinion. I will not change my thoughts and, I am sure, they will not change either. Protesting and disrupting other peoples lives is surely not the answer. In his book about the anti war movement during the late 60's, Abby Hofmann admited that
quote:

"We had a valid cause, but we went about it in the wrong manner."

I just cannot justify or validate how allowing yourself to be arrested will ever stop this war or quicken it's pace. :confused:

:confused: Protesters Wake Up and Get Real!!!:mad:

Goblin -> (4/4/2003 12:57:27 AM)

I have one question...

I am a total blank on this, but there are those people who protest all of the violence by throwing rocks and bottles. My question: Has rock and bottle throwing been reclassified as a non-violent act?

:rolleyes:

Goblin

Belisarius -> Re: Sick and Tired of Protesters!! (4/4/2003 1:05:46 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mad Daddy
[B]I am really sick and tired of the free peoples of the world protesting and becoming violent because The United States of America is standing up to terrorists and oppresive dictators. IMHO this war should have taken place back in 1991 when we had the men and equipment over there the first time.

Protesters have their right to voice their oppinion, but I also have a right to my opinion. I will not change my thoughts and, I am sure, they will not change either. Protesting and disrupting other peoples lives is surely not the answer. In his book about the anti war movement during the late 60's, Abby Hofmann admited that
quote:

"We had a valid cause, but we went about it in the wrong manner."

I just cannot justify or validate how allowing yourself to be arrested will ever stop this war or quicken it's pace. :confused:

:confused: Protesters Wake Up and Get Real!!!:mad: [/B][/QUOTE]

Good point. I think protesters have every right to protest, and should do so as well! Free speach and all that. Democracy etc.

Then there's the method of protesting.

Did people learn NOTHING from Gandhi??! :confused:

Irinami -> (4/4/2003 1:16:04 AM)

You guys all assume these people possess the intellect God gave a rock. That's not to say we should discriminate against the inordinately stupid, but rather that we should understand they exist and try to keep them from hurting themselves and others. ;)

Bernie -> (4/4/2003 1:42:14 AM)

Perhaps, after we finish with Iraq, our troops would like a little vacation in Paris? When we leave there we could always give the place back to Germany, and reverse the "mistake" those protesters seem to think we made. The graves of allies who liberated your country now "desecrate" your soil? Fine, here's a French-German dictionary, better start reading up... ;)

Irinami -> (4/5/2003 12:17:37 AM)

Muuwahahahaha! That's a good idea. I just finished Band of Brothers... when they write about their memories of the people they liberated, what Bernie just said could have fit into the 101st's account with very little modification.

Mad Daddy -> (4/5/2003 12:28:33 AM)

Irinami,

I have read "Band of Brothers" also. I too noticed the description of the French people as being "dull" and "unmotivated." Perhaps the American Army has been gone too long and they, once again, have forgotten how fortunate they are to have had "motivated and comitted" soldiers, dedicated to democracy and complete freedom for all within their country to liberate them from a cruel and inhuman dictator.

How easy it is for the ungrateful to forget.:(

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI