Is there a trick to taking out fortified units ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> The War Room

FireDog -> Is there a trick to taking out fortified units ? (2/22/2016 10:35:03 PM)

Is there a trick to taking out fortified units? I attack them with superior numbers, engineers all attached to the same HQ and they still seem to hold.

bairdlander2 -> RE: Is there a trick to taking out fortified units ? (2/23/2016 2:16:14 AM)

Use units that are well rested..put units not on the front on "reserve"...if they have enough mp's they will join in the attack...attack from multiple sides..have hq's within 5 hexes so they will use there artillery.If the fort is coastal park an amph hq off the coast so they use their guns in the attack.That's all I can think of right now.

Joel Billings -> RE: Is there a trick to taking out fortified units ? (2/23/2016 5:21:18 PM)

You can have support units directly attached to your combat units, including engineer support units that might help take out some of the fortification level.

FireDog -> RE: Is there a trick to taking out fortified units ? (2/24/2016 1:18:19 AM)

Thanks. I will try all of that.

Q-Ball -> RE: Is there a trick to taking out fortified units ? (2/24/2016 2:41:43 AM)

As the Allies, often your best bet isn't to take the fortification, but go around it. Easier said than done I know, but plowing through lots of forts isn't always the best idea

FireDog -> RE: Is there a trick to taking out fortified units ? (2/24/2016 11:26:40 PM)

Thanks, That sounds like good advice.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI