Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt

Daniele -> Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/25/2016 2:37:34 PM)

It is when everything falls apart that the true nature of leadership is revealed. The ability to consistently take care of your men and make the right tactical decision at the right time is a rare commodity, found in only the best commanders.
Will you be one of them?

Tigers on the Hunt is now released, which means it is time to step up!

Discover an extraordinary computer wargame inspired by the best classic wargames, simulating tactical battles in the Western, Eastern and Mediterranean Fronts of World War II, with over 200 Infantry units, 100 Support Weapons, 100 Ordnance pieces and 50 Vehicles per side and an unforgiving AI!

This game recreates with stunning precision tactical confrontations between American, British, German and Soviet forces, each of them with their proper historically-accurate equipment thanks to an immense library of units!

Tigers on the Hunt also employs a very versatile editor, allowing you to easily craft your own scenario for an unmatched level of replayability!

Fog of War, Off-board Artillery, Support weapons, Line of Sight, all of this - and more –make this title one of the most realistic and detailed ww2 tactical simulations around!

Fight on the beaches of Normandy, in the cold Russian steppes or in the Mediterranean and test your mettle as a true wargamer!

Play Tigers on the Hunt now!

Need to see some action? We will stream the game today at 20:00 CET / 19:00 UTC / 2:00 PM EST on our Official Twitch Channel!

[image]http://www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Art/Tigers on the Hunt/LiveTwitch{600x302}.jpg[/image]

AlvinS -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/25/2016 2:39:25 PM)

I will be purchasing as soon as I get home from work. can't wait. [8D]

Storm72 -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/25/2016 2:45:13 PM)

Same...
Or I may just buy it at work and play at lunch and risk interdiction!

DaveyJJ -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/25/2016 2:52:46 PM)

Downloaded. Installed. Runs perfectly smoothly in WINE on OS X on my MacBook laptop.

Peter Fisla -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/25/2016 3:00:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DaveyJJ

Downloaded. Installed. Runs perfectly smoothly in WINE on OS X on my MacBook laptop.

Total awesomeness! :) I'm so happy to hear that!

gferreq -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/25/2016 3:05:26 PM)

Is there a physical copy of the manual or just pdf?

Peter Fisla -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/25/2016 3:10:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gfernanr

Is there a physical copy of the manual or just pdf?

Digital download only...

gferreq -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/25/2016 3:20:19 PM)

A pity, thanks Peter, I mm gonna buy it anyway[:'(]

blazej -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/25/2016 3:29:14 PM)

Just purchased, getting ready to download :)

Won't be able to play until after the weekend because I'm traveling but I'll study the manual :)

Looking forward :)

Michal

Charly G -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/25/2016 4:43:29 PM)

I've just purchased the game with my "Anniversary Coupon". Thanks to Matrix for this gift, just before my birthday (03/08/1962), and thanks to Peter for this game. I'm back in the past and ever young to play a good wargame.[:)]

beatboy -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/25/2016 4:56:12 PM)

Its mine all mine , enjoying it so far

Grestok -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/25/2016 5:18:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charly G

I've just purchased the game with my "Anniversary Coupon". Thanks to Matrix for this gift, just before my birthday (03/08/1962), and thanks to Peter for this game. I'm back in the past and ever young to play a good wargame.[:)]

I just do the same ! I feel that this game will give me a lot of fun ! [&o]

Big Ivan -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/25/2016 6:12:38 PM)

Thanks TotH dev team!!

Runs like a charm on my Win7 64 machine.

The A/I already cleaned my clock in training scenario 1. My poor US paratroopers got hammered?!

But I am fine with it as a great A/I makes it all that much better. Loving this game!

Big Ivan

Zap -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/25/2016 7:37:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: beatboy

Its mine all mine , enjoying it so far

Ha,Ha,ha That's good'

My precious, my precious!

I have to say this is the first time (in a long time) I purchased a game when it was first offered to the public. My hopes are high. I never had the chance to play ASL only a wish. So now, a computer inspired game, here's my chance.

VegasOZ -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/25/2016 9:16:02 PM)

IS IT WORTH $49.00??? and if so Why?

Zap -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/25/2016 9:22:41 PM)

Will have to get back to you on that. Just downloaded it. But someone else here I'm sure has an opinion.

Gerry4321 -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/25/2016 9:27:56 PM)

Check out the product page. Even though it is missing some features so far that I really want there is a ton of content. I was happy to see it at 50.)0 this morning.

Storm72 -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/25/2016 9:41:49 PM)

To me watching the IDJester game play and scenario building and other videos was worth $50 in entertainment!

A Gent spends 10 years working on something he loves and says we can have it for $50.
and within minutes we already have available for FREE:
A patch with 1 free scenario.
3 extra scenarios.
44 extra maps.
SL Graphics mod.
ASL Graphics mod.

Sounds like a bargain to me.

telengard -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/25/2016 10:00:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DaveyJJ

On a Mac myself... are you using WineBottler to run the installer? It's hanging for me after installing DirectX, I never see the VC runtime installer.

Dietrich53 -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/26/2016 12:12:30 AM)

Running on a Mac with Parallels Desktop - no problems at all!

kylania -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/26/2016 12:35:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: VegasOZ

IS IT WORTH $49.00??? and if so Why?

For 9 years of development, with as many little Quality of Life shortcomings and dated graphics, perhaps not. However, Matrix/Slitherine have been extremely prolific with making these types of niche games and I for one absolutely appreciate that.

This game feels so much like Advanced Squad Leader and I'd really been missing that on computer. If you want to save a bit a just wait. Most games will have a brief sale sometime in the future and be at a more reasonable price. Or pony up to help support the extremely small development team who obviously have worked their hearts and butts off to bring us one heck of a fun little computer game.

They seem quite involved with the community and eager to help improve the software and that goes a long way with justifying the niche pricing a game like this has.

VegasOZ -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/26/2016 1:19:27 AM)

Does this game compare in any way with John Tiller Squad Battles series? In terms of the scale (hex size in meters and so forth)?

I'm not concerned by the price, per se, just don't want to spend $49.99 on a game that does not really offer anything new to the study of WW II.

Storm72 -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/26/2016 3:23:05 AM)

Purchased (Yes Boxed Version) - Downloaded - Installed and running Great!
Windows 10.
AMD Athlon II X4 620 Processor, 2600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
No Graphics Issues.

Thank You Again Peter.
Congrats on getting it done and published!
[8D]

Peter Fisla -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/26/2016 3:27:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Storm72

Purchased (Yes Boxed Version) - Downloaded - Installed and running Great!
Windows 10.
AMD Athlon II X4 620 Processor, 2600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
No Graphics Issues.

Thank You Again Peter.
Congrats on getting it done and published!
[8D]

Thank you sir! :) Did you apply the zero day patch? you should see some nice AI speed improvements...

Storm72 -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/26/2016 3:32:03 AM)

I did install the patch - I believe it was the one you loaded up about 4 hours ago>

Running Version 1.0.11

Peter Fisla -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/26/2016 3:33:08 AM)

quote:

I did install the patch - I believe it was the one you loaded up about 4 hours ago>

Running Version 1.0.11

awesome, you are all set :)

Storm72 -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/26/2016 3:41:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

quote:

Running Version 1.0.11

Time to tackle the Tutorials and I have The Big Decision Of The Night:
Woodford Reserve or Angels Envy?

[sm=party-smiley-012.gif]

Peter Fisla -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/26/2016 1:20:09 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

quote:

Running Version 1.0.11

Time to tackle the Tutorials and I have The Big Decision Of The Night:
Woodford Reserve or Angels Envy?

[sm=party-smiley-012.gif]

Just roll some dice ;)

dwinston -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/26/2016 4:26:51 PM)

Going to purchase tonight - is there already a patch out? Where?

Paullus -> RE: Attention Wargamers! Tigers on the Hunt is Released! (2/26/2016 5:44:22 PM)

In this thread [:)] http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4030153

Also check the Mods and scenarios sub-folder for more content

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI