Thanks! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt

Suul -> Thanks! (2/26/2016 1:27:02 PM)

Congratulations to Peter and his team for this great achievement. This is a computer game that I have been waiting for forty years! I believe that new players will come to realize that the SL inspired system offers great depth and tense gameplay. Having this game and the editor as well is a dream come true. Reading the forums over the last several weeks I sense the scenario designers anticipation and excitement. I loved the roll out, IDJESTER had me on the edge of my laptop every day leading up to this. Good luck and hopes for all the gamming greatness to come.

When the dust settles and the team has a chance to take stock and think of the continued development, I request considering an option for the leader, squad, and support weapon combined group clicking system. I know some computer gamers prefer a hotkey and mouse click combined game playing style. I personally prefer using only the mouse. If possible could the leader, squad and weapon frame have a click on/click off style for each element. For example click the leader, he is selected, click the squad it is selected, and if I change my mind before the right click for the attack I could click the leader again to deselect him, maybe to use him in a different attack?

Thanks again!
John

kylania -> RE: Thanks! (2/26/2016 2:27:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Suul
If possible could the leader, squad and weapon frame have a click on/click off style for each element. For example click the leader, he is selected, click the squad it is selected, and if I change my mind before the right click for the attack I could click the leader again to deselect him, maybe to use him in a different attack?

You can already do this, in fact you're forced to do it via Ctrl-LeftClick. You can select both the Leader and Squad, then unselect just one or both of them with the same Ctrl-LeftClick. What's more annoying is that simply left clicking (even by accident) on other selected units will unselect them all and only select the one you left clicked on.

What's missing is defaulting to selecting all units by clicking on the HEX: [11, 10] line (or even just double clicking on the hex in the first place) then only having to Ctrl-LeftClick to unselect or reselect instead of having to Ctrl-LeftClick every unit, every action.

Suul -> RE: Thanks! (2/26/2016 3:49:54 PM)

I was suggesting a system where the keyboard is not being used at all, or at least very little. Grouping units is very common in this game, which means the control key is being pressed often. I would like to play on a laptop, tablet and TV screen. Clicking units on and clicking units off independently means I would not be repeatedly reaching for the keyboard.

KhanDam2 -> RE: Thanks! (3/1/2016 9:17:48 PM)

I don't find time before but I would thank Peter for the great pleasure he made to me I dream about this game for more 20 years
In 2k year there are some rumors that AH work on it but finally atomic made close combat and all the dreams go away for me cc is good but not "the game I want"

So Peter I thanks you very much, your game isn't perfect but it's very near the target even lot of us ask for many feature to be add. I'm a feature asker also, but I'm so happy that can play With it now I can wait for some modification or addition. Rome doesn't made In 1 day.

Please Peter continue to work for all of us to play with Toth

Regard from France

parusski -> RE: Thanks! (3/2/2016 3:56:04 PM)

Peter, I am not sure if I thanked you on the beta testing board so I thank you now. The years you devoted to the game shows your love of doing things right.[&o][sm=00000959.gif]

blazej -> RE: Thanks! (3/2/2016 7:47:31 PM)

I also wanted to express my admiration towards the creator of this game. It's a Herculean effort (a few years back I thought of developing such a game myself, but ended up dropping it as it was simply too big to tackle for one man). And the game, if it continues to evolve, will be amazing. It already is! Playing games like ASL and ATS on the table is time-consuming and tedious, so a PC version makes it so much easier to fit into my hectic life.

Thank you,
Michał

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI