OBA targetting empty hex (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt

sprior -> OBA targetting empty hex (3/1/2016 8:24:17 PM)

Can OBA target an empty hex? I can't seem to get it plop down in the middle of a group of units

blackcloud6 -> RE: OBA targetting empty hex (3/1/2016 8:29:16 PM)

I think all you can do is target a unit.

Paullus -> RE: OBA targetting empty hex (3/1/2016 9:05:38 PM)

You need to have a unit as the target. The target hex will then drift a little bit if you are unlucky or perhaps lucky for a better shot.

Moltke71 -> RE: OBA targetting empty hex (3/13/2016 10:43:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paullus

You need to have a unit as the target. The target hex will then drift a little bit if you are unlucky or perhaps lucky for a better shot.

I just played the first turn of "Fighting among the Ruins". The German AI shot up a vacant hes with OBA on the first turn. How?

kylania -> RE: OBA targetting empty hex (3/13/2016 11:21:00 PM)

As Peter said, he set one hex as the target but it ended up hitting an empty hex due to drift/error/randomness.

Gerry4321 -> RE: OBA targetting empty hex (3/13/2016 11:27:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bismarck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paullus

I just played the first turn of "Fighting among the Ruins". The German AI shot up a vacant hes with OBA on the first turn. How?

It hits the hex and all surrounding hexes I think. And then there is the drift possibility as mentioned.

GregN -> RE: OBA targetting empty hex (3/14/2016 2:32:09 AM)

AI seems to be able to target empty hexes with OBA since in one scenario the AI was dropping mortars before I had even made contact with the enemy -

Paullus -> RE: OBA targetting empty hex (3/14/2016 6:21:02 AM)

They are targeting your units but misses.

DoubleDeuce -> RE: OBA targetting empty hex (3/21/2016 12:38:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GregN

AI seems to be able to target empty hexes with OBA since in one scenario the AI was dropping mortars before I had even made contact with the enemy -

Pretty sure I saw this too. In a Scenario I created, on the very 1st turn with all Russian units way back, 2 boards away, behind woods, they called 70mm OBA in on the Germans, whose single test unit was not visible (on the backside of a 2 level hill). I know that the AI doesn't need a Radio to call OBA but it does appear that they can target area where there are no visible units. I will see if I can reproduce it.

Paullus -> RE: OBA targetting empty hex (3/21/2016 2:22:17 PM)

They can attack you before you are visible but their target hex may drift.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI