No campaign? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt

midgard30 -> No campaign? (3/3/2016 3:35:53 AM)

It's the fourth WW2 tactical wargame that I buy (and some others that may more or less fit in that category), and finally! One that feels right! I was afraid at first that the lack of information on units would be annoying. And there was this 100+ pages game manual... But after playing some tutorial scenarios, and reading a couple of chapters much faster than expected, the game is quite easy to learn. While, like others, would appreciate to see more information like, at least, fire range, maximum unit movement, and a better LOS tool, there's enough information and good warning messages to understand what's going on, and why I can or cannot do things. And the best, I don't have to spot something to shoot that something.

However, I'm disappointed that there isn't at least one campaign included in this title. Can we expect one in a future patch?

Thanks for the good work!

Gerry4321 -> RE: No campaign? (3/3/2016 3:57:04 AM)

Jorgen said he is working on one.

midgard30 -> RE: No campaign? (3/3/2016 4:28:58 AM)

Excellent news!

Numdydar -> RE: No campaign? (3/3/2016 4:37:20 PM)

Not having a campaign is a big issue for me as well. I loved ASL's Red Barricades. So when the next version of the games is released with building levels, sewers, etc. plus a campaign(s), then I will look at buying.

kylania -> RE: No campaign? (3/3/2016 5:26:54 PM)

Campaigns are just longer scenarios (up to 42 "days" each of which is 12 turns long - 504 turns total) which include a setting for different LOS distance during "night". So for 8 Day turns you'll have up to Unlimited LOS distance while during the next Night 4 turns you'll be limited to 1-3 hexes of "night visibility".

DoubleDeuce -> RE: No campaign? (3/3/2016 5:50:40 PM)

I'm not anywhere close to releasing anything, but I plan to work on something once I get more familiar with the editor.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI