Movement stopped (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tech Support

sambruzs -> Movement stopped (3/10/2016 2:25:30 AM)

Cheers
If you are moving a 3 squad stack as a single entity... and you attempt (by accident) to enter a hex containing another squad.... thus creating an overstack situation. You lose movement ability of the entire stack, even if it has all its MF remaining.

GregN -> RE: Movement stopped (3/11/2016 3:31:57 AM)

Have had the same happen - when I tried a move to a particular hex got a dialogue box telling me the move could not be made, but when I tried to select the units again and move to a legal hex the movement was done.

Peter Fisla -> RE: Movement stopped (3/11/2016 11:52:56 AM)

Do you guys have a saved game file?

GregN -> RE: Movement stopped (3/11/2016 4:23:49 PM)

I don't have a saved file, but I can recreate the situation every time.

Start a scenario like the Guards Counterattack, leave both players human, and click through to the first movement phase.
Select a Russian stack and move into the street adjacent to a German unit.
Hexes to the right and left of the German occupied hex are edged in white as legitimate movement options - but if you right click on the German occupied hex (yes it's an illegal move) the movement does not occur (of course).

The hex with the Russian units is still selected, the units still appear in the window, but the Russian squads in the unit window are no longer selected. Adjacent hexes are still outlined in white, but right clicking on those hexes do not result in movement. Left-clicking the Russian squads in the unit window to reselect and to complete the movement phase does not work. It appears that the movement is over for those units.

What I've found works is to left-click on a different hex entirely, then go back and left-click on the hex from which the illegal move was attempted, left-click and select the squads again, and then movement can be completed.

It is the type of problem that could frustrate someone learning the game and thinking they can enter into CC in the movement phase, and it would be better if moving to a legitimate hex could continue after attempting the disallowed move (the legitimate hexes remain highlighted), rather than selecting another hex entirely and coming back.

Krys -> RE: Movement stopped (3/11/2016 7:44:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GregN

What I've found works is to left-click on a different hex entirely, then go back and left-click on the hex from which the illegal move was attempted, left-click and select the squads again, and then movement can be completed.

It is the type of problem that could frustrate someone learning the game and thinking they can enter into CC in the movement phase, and it would be better if moving to a legitimate hex could continue after attempting the disallowed move (the legitimate hexes remain highlighted), rather than selecting another hex entirely and coming back.

I've had that happen a number of times. The solution that GregN describes has worked every time for me.

[:)]

Gerry4321 -> RE: Movement stopped (3/11/2016 8:16:55 PM)

Same here.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI