Weapon Stats (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

eric.swallie -> Weapon Stats (4/30/2001 7:36:00 PM)

There have been charts in the past that compared all the weapons in SP. All the game data was placed in an easily readable spreadsheet format showing range, accuracy, armor penetration etc. This is very helpful when dealing with unknown equipment. The encyclopedia says this vehicle has a main gun of "BFG-2000", but it does not tell me what this weapon is capable of, or how it will compare to any other weapons. Is there such a chart out there for SPWAW? And if so how do I find it?

Larry Holt -> (4/30/2001 7:39:00 PM)

SPWaW V5 is supposed to have a much better encyclopedia and unit notes. We can see soon if this meets your needs. If not I plan to add this kind of thing to my tactics guide.

Paul Vebber -> (4/30/2001 7:49:00 PM)

There is also an OOB dump utility done by Fred Chlanda

11Bravo -> (5/1/2001 2:47:00 AM)

See also the thread "OOB Documentation". There are links provided by Keebler to some programs written by ASDN that convert OOB data to CSV format for easy analysis in spreadsheet form. The easiest thing to do would be for someone to "publish" the CSV files, so that anyone could play with the data. I will volunteer to do this once v5.0 comes out, unless I'm violating some copyright law or something. The next level would be for someone to write a user friendly data analysis tool that would let the user play with the data. I think that DoubleDeuce mentioned he might try to do that in Access. I might also do something in Excel or Visual Basic along those lines. [ April 30, 2001: Message edited by: 11Bravo ]

DoubleDeuce -> (5/1/2001 4:17:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by 11Bravo: The easiest thing to do would be for someone to "publish" the CSV files, so that anyone could play with the data. I think that DoubleDeuce mentioned he might try to do that in Access. I might also do something in Excel or Visual Basic along those lines. [ April 30, 2001: Message edited by: 11Bravo ]
I was thinking the printouts could be done up in Access for refernce in a book format. Then dupmed to Adobe's .pdf or to some other freeware readable software (Microsfot has a FREE Snapshot viewer which works much like Acrobat Raeder but for Access). Only downside you would have to have Access to play with the data. I am pretty handy with Access but only once the data is in there. Getting it into Access is where I would need some assistance :mad: and .CSV format would be a great help. As far as creating unit - unit or weapon - weapon comparisons, charts, etc I think Excel is the software of choice. But the you will need excel to view and manipulate the data. I don't know how prevalant Excel is outside the US and much of Europe.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI