Move Orders for Entire Chains of Command (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Admiral DadMan -> Move Orders for Entire Chains of Command (3/30/2016 5:57:18 PM)

Moving units and entire chains of command (i.e. everything belonging to the 3rd War Area in China) is a bit cumbersome. If I want to move 3rd War Area and all its subordinate commands and units, I have to individually select each unit and issue orders. That can amount to nearly 100 clicks.

I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

GetAssista -> RE: Move Orders for Entire Chains of Command (3/30/2016 7:16:40 PM)

Do you move them from different locations all at once?
For one locations I usually use "Set all to march" or "Set all to follow". Then unclick those units that are not supposed to move, or use the fact that stratmove-selected units are grouped separately

Admiral DadMan -> RE: Move Orders for Entire Chains of Command (3/30/2016 7:31:08 PM)

That's easy enough to do when there aren't that many units involved.

But in places like China, or big bases like West Coast USA, Pearl Harbor, Sydney, Calcutta/Madras etc, the task can be daunting.

It would be nice *hahahaha* to be able to assign units to an HQ and then be able to move them en masse with as few clicks a possible.

HansBolter -> RE: Move Orders for Entire Chains of Command (3/30/2016 8:01:46 PM)

Unfortunately you are dreaming of a different game.

Given the lack of command structure having any real meaning in the game and the exploitation of some in attaching LCUs to Air HQs to buy them out form restricted commands more cheaply than intended what you are dreaming of would require a major overhaul.

I also don't see where it would be much more useful than what you were already reminded of..ie.. "all march" or "all follow" orders.

How often would you want units in differing hexes to make the same move?

Hermit -> RE: Move Orders for Entire Chains of Command (3/31/2016 10:46:01 PM)

Hans is right, you are dreaming of a different game. In fact, you are obviously playing the wrong game. WitPAE is designed for people who LIKE to make lots of clicks when playing. If you are interested in less clicks, you should look elsewhere. [:D]

Admiral DadMan -> RE: Move Orders for Entire Chains of Command (4/2/2016 8:40:38 PM)

I like to dream...

obvert -> RE: Move Orders for Entire Chains of Command (4/2/2016 9:30:18 PM)

Not sure this ever happened in war anyway. Lots of units were spread out all over the place, far away from their supposed command, assigned temporarily to another. It is a lot, but if you didn't have those clicks you'd be complaining you didn't have enough control. [;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI