Different movement costs for same type of hexes ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Resisti -> Different movement costs for same type of hexes ? (4/30/2001 8:27:00 PM)

Ok,here it is what I noticed for the first time yesterday: [list] a tank (Sherman) 2 movement points left placed in a clear hex at height 20 2 out of the 6 hexes surrounding it were clear hexes at height 20 only one was elegible to be entered with the 2 movement points left..... [/list] Wondering which could be the reason for that... BTW,I was playing 2nd battle of "Preparing the way" Campaign, in which you're asked to get and keep some high ground west of Bizerte.

eric.swallie -> (4/30/2001 8:37:00 PM)

The probable cause of this is that the hex was not really an open hex at level 20. there may have been a phantom terrain piece here, like a hill edge or a building. See the thread on invisible buildings in this forum.

Resisti -> (4/30/2001 9:23:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Eric: The probable cause of this is that the hex was not really an open hex at level 20. there may have been a phantom terrain piece here, like a hill edge or a building. See the thread on invisible buildings in this forum.
Hmm,yes Eric, I see yr point, but it's not only a matter of looking-like; I pointed the cursor on both hexes and the message I got for both was "clear, height 20": do you think it is a case of phantom terrain anyway ?

Flashfyre -> (4/30/2001 10:14:00 PM)

It probably is an "invisible terrain" problem. I've had the same thing happen when designing a map......cursor shows a "clear" hex, but in reality there is something still there. Most likely a "modifier"-type terrain. Another thought would be C&C issue....or even the "friction" movement issue.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI