Installing game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> Tech Support

Von Gruber -> Installing game (3/31/2016 11:22:16 PM)

Good day all....haven't been around in years and checked for new games,,,found the road to caen and Im back in.
Downloaded from steam....seems I have all the files and I can click the icon and get to "play game"....but that's all I have!

Windows 8.1 pc.....uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times with no change

Am I missing something obvious?....downloaded but not installed?

CGGrognard -> RE: Installing game (4/1/2016 1:29:52 PM)

If installed from Steam, then you should be able to go your Steam library and launch the game from the "Play" button on your Close Combat Gateway To Caen page. This means you have to be connected and logged into Steam for this to work properly.

zakblood -> RE: Installing game (4/1/2016 1:33:34 PM)

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments (zip) rather than pasted into the body of the post.

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one if any of them was to blame.

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is or could be interfering with the game or update installation.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

please make sure you are running the latest game version and have up to date drivers installed on your pc,

If you have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as the updates are comprehensive. (not needed with steam)

Von Gruber -> RE: Installing game (4/2/2016 1:09:24 PM)

Thanks....problem resolved.
For anyone experiencing similar what worked for me was:

Uninstall game and restart pc
Turn off firewall from 3rd party virus software....in my case Webroot Security (excellent btw)
Install game
Turn firewall back on.

Also the following may have been a resolution for some...didn't work for me.

I'm sorry you are having problems with your game. Please open the folder where you've installed the game. Locate and select a file named "autorun.exe". Press the right mouse button and select "Properties". Click on the "Compatibility" tab. Tick the option "Run this program as an administrator". Click on "Apply" and "Ok". Double click on "autorun.exe" for running the program and check if the issue persists.

SteveMcClaire -> RE: Installing game (4/5/2016 12:14:48 AM)

Von Gruber,

Thanks for posting your resolution. Glad you were able to work it out.

Steve

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI