News Story -- Kirov class. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

tjhkkr -> News Story -- Kirov class. (4/4/2016 2:31:47 AM)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/russias-kirov-class-battlecruisers-are-getting-a-lot-more-deadly/ar-AAgzKAE

djoos5 -> RE: News Story -- Kirov class. (4/4/2016 2:45:43 AM)

Very cool

mikmykWS -> RE: News Story -- Kirov class. (4/4/2016 3:02:28 AM)

Lots of tubes that can shoot a wide range of munitions.

The problem will be likely similar to the Ohio SSGN in that it will be expensive to fill the mounts and they may not be able too until the munitions get cheaper to build.

Mike

Skjold -> RE: News Story -- Kirov class. (4/4/2016 5:10:45 AM)

Thanks for the link, my first thought was that it sounds really damn expensive but cool. I always had a soft spot for the big capital ships.

Dysta -> RE: News Story -- Kirov class. (4/4/2016 6:03:16 AM)

Weapon emasculation and anti-brutalism designs for the sake of stealthiness and futurism, I call it is just under evolutionary demands to see capital, menacing looking ships phasing out of history.

Brute may looks powerful, but it's still the knife holder in his neck do the talking.

ComDev -> RE: News Story -- Kirov class. (4/4/2016 7:05:10 AM)

The new Zircon missile is included in the upcoming version of the database. Nasty weapon [:D]

FTBSS -> RE: News Story -- Kirov class. (4/4/2016 3:19:20 PM)

Looks like its time to get a republican in the White House and re-start the CG-21 project and fast track LRASM and SM-6 block II to the fleet.

Skjold -> RE: News Story -- Kirov class. (4/4/2016 6:39:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dysta

Weapon emasculation and anti-brutalism designs for the sake of stealthiness and futurism, I call it is just under evolutionary demands to see capital, menacing looking ships phasing out of history.

Brute may looks powerful, but it's still the knife holder in his neck do the talking.

Should be just as much about power projection as it is about capability, but generally i agree with you.

Zaslon -> RE: News Story -- Kirov class. (4/4/2016 7:41:31 PM)

Only Trump can stop daesh.

Vici Supreme -> RE: News Story -- Kirov class. (4/4/2016 9:43:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaslon

Only Trump can stop daesh.

LOL

ExNusquam -> RE: News Story -- Kirov class. (4/4/2016 10:09:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dysta

What's interesting is that it's not so much a trend of moving a way from large ships. China's building aircraft carriers, the Russians are upgrading the Kirovs, and there are US companies floating the idea of arsenal ships. The trend is moving more towards multi-mission capabilities. As expensive as military hardware is today, it just doesn't make financial sense to have a one-trick pony. The Russians have been moving this way for a while; look at their smaller surface combatants or the Severodvinsk-class, or even the newer Sukhoi models.

Also, looking forward to playing the Zircon vs. LRASM scenarios!

hellfish6 -> RE: News Story -- Kirov class. (4/5/2016 5:37:24 PM)

The Russians took a long time to get there - pre-1991, almost all Soviet vessels were single purpose. It's only with the more recent small combatants and corvettes that the Russians have begun moving to the flexible VLS systems. That being said, they're really making up for lost time. A multimission VLS Kirov is a hell of a weapons platform, and those small combatants have proven their worth already.

Beckles -> RE: News Story -- Kirov class. (4/8/2016 3:54:45 PM)

Here's an article about these refits:

http://sputniknews.com/military/20110921/167012600.html

This article is from 2011 and the expected completion date for the Nakhimov at the time was 2015. I would estimate that the chances of the Nakhimov ever entering service again are 50/50. The chances of a second Kirov ever being refitted are near zero.

That being said, for purposes of this forum it's still fun to play what if in Command!

Wiz33 -> RE: News Story -- Kirov class. (4/8/2016 4:24:09 PM)

That;s the beauty of a vertical/Box launch system. Your missiles, launcher, storage is self contained system that can be swapped out without having to rebuild the whole weapon magazine, transport and launcher of a ship.

DrRansom -> RE: News Story -- Kirov class. (4/8/2016 7:13:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: emsoy

The new Zircon missile is included in the upcoming version of the database. Nasty weapon [:D]

There's a lot of uncertainty about this weapon capabilities, what attributes did you give it?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI