RE: OT Things to ponder (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

BBfanboy -> RE: OT Things to ponder (12/18/2020 6:39:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

If you are on Facebook, post it there so it can go around for a good laugh on the company.[:D] Maybe then they will change it and get you a new one.

Nah - they'll just send a bent cleaning brush ...

I get the idea of having a silicone straw to save on disposable ones, but sending it in a big bag made of non-disposable plastic seems counter-intuitive. [8|]

Zorch -> RE: OT Things to ponder (12/18/2020 6:59:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

If you are on Facebook, post it there so it can go around for a good laugh on the company.[:D] Maybe then they will change it and get you a new one.

I get the idea of having a silicone straw to save on disposable ones, but sending it in a big bag made of non-disposable plastic seems counter-intuitive. [8|]

You know the George Carlin joke about wastebaskets? We buy a wastebasket, and put it in a plastic bag. When we get home we put the bag in the basket.

RangerJoe -> RE: OT Things to ponder (12/18/2020 11:07:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

quote:

quote:

You know the George Carlin joke about wastebaskets? We buy a wastebasket, and put it in a plastic bag. When we get home we put the bag in the basket.

I am a conservative type of person. [;)] I carry plastic bags in a rucksack and reuse those. I put heavier stuff in the rucksack so it is carried by my skeletal muscles (such as they are now) instead of my arms with the attendant joints. Anyway, that is one way how I conserve. [;)]

RangerJoe -> RE: OT Things to ponder (12/30/2020 11:07:43 PM)

Something to think about:

In a song, the lyric goes "In heaven, there is no beer, that's why we drink it here". [X(] But how can it be Heaven if there is no beer? [&:]

geofflambert -> RE: OT Things to ponder (12/31/2020 12:29:48 AM)

Me too. I keep all kinds of plastic containers and find something to store in them rather than throw them out. I don't get those things if I have an alternative. For instance, now C&H sugar is available in wax and cardboard milk cartons so I take those instead of the cannisters. I wish everyone would go back to that kind of packaging or glass or tins rather than using plastic.

RangerJoe -> RE: OT Things to ponder (1/18/2021 5:08:28 PM)

Considering that today is the anniversary of Shari Lewis's birth, did she ever eat LAMB?[&:]

Not necessarily LAMB CHOP but leg of lamb, maybe? [&:]

BBfanboy -> RE: OT Things to ponder (1/18/2021 6:33:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Me too. I keep all kinds of plastic containers and find something to store in them rather than throw them out. I don't get those things if I have an alternative. For instance, now C&H sugar is available in wax and cardboard milk cartons so I take those instead of the cannisters. I wish everyone would go back to that kind of packaging or glass or tins rather than using plastic.

There is even a use for those waxed cartons! When I was a lad my brother and I went fishing very often -not much else to do in an isolated northern town. We brought home lots of fish, filleted them and mom either cooked them for supper or if there were too many, she put them in a cleaned out milk carton, filled it with water to almost the top, and put them in the freezer. They could keep for months that way with no freezer burn. [:)]

BBfanboy -> RE: OT Things to ponder (1/18/2021 6:35:03 PM)

quote:

Considering that today is the anniversary of Shari Lewis's birth, did she ever eat LAMB?[&:]

Not necessarily LAMB CHOP but leg of lamb, maybe? [&:]

I have it on good authority that "Lamb Chop" lacked a rear end. Shari must have been really hungry!

Randy Stead -> RE: OT Things to ponder (1/18/2021 11:30:14 PM)

quote:

So, I've been using and reusing these (paper?) biodegradable straws, but I thought I'd try some silicone straws I spotted. Notice anything wrong?

[image]local://upfiles/37002/6DAD8B3E10C74DB9850E1348AB74B692.jpg[/image]

Design, Evole, Manufacture.

I notice they didn't print "Spellcheck" on there.

Macclan5 -> RE: OT Things to ponder (1/19/2021 1:40:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

Not that one specifically [8D] ..but I recall fondly the routine on 'stuff'

Ever notice everyone else's stuff is $#!t ......and your $#!t is stuff ??

... and then we buy a house which is a big stuff to hold all our little stuff ....

Great reminder ....

geofflambert -> RE: OT Things to ponder (1/22/2021 2:44:57 AM)

I just ran across this. I guess it's no mistake.

[image]local://upfiles/37002/F647CE26AD034A7DAD1A5D4B40B61335.jpg[/image]

BBfanboy -> RE: OT Things to ponder (1/22/2021 7:12:04 AM)

[:D][sm=00000289.gif]

geofflambert -> RE: OT Things to ponder (1/25/2021 4:13:15 PM)

I just found this place. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

http://www.colleencorby.net/index.html

RangerJoe -> RE: OT Things to ponder (1/25/2021 5:45:57 PM)

quote:

Are there more recent picture of her? Maybe even with any children, grandchildren, greatgrandchildren?

BBfanboy -> RE: OT Things to ponder (1/25/2021 5:52:45 PM)

quote:

A fresh-faced girl-next-door, but just because she appeared in the catalogue does not mean you can order her to show up at your place! [:-]

RangerJoe -> RE: OT Things to ponder (1/25/2021 6:01:42 PM)

quote:

quote:

A fresh-faced girl-next-door, but just because she appeared in the catalogue does not mean you can order her to show up at your place! [:-]

Why not!?[:(][:'(]

fcooke -> RE: OT Things to ponder (1/25/2021 6:46:17 PM)

So, when I was Eire, we drank a bit (and seems others were too during the lockdown). So the recycling pile got a bit large and I decided to take it into town to clear some room in my Mom's shed. And the bins were all labelled in Gaelic. I can follow a Gaelic convo but cannot read the language. So here I am peering into the bins to see how other people have sorted (no single stream in those parts). And it turns out you cannot recycle plastic or paper/cardboard unless you pay to do so - seems butt-backward to me, especially with the island of plastic living in the Pacific.

I'm not really a crunchie but how difficult is it to throw the stuff into the recycling bin rather than the rubbish bin right next to it?

GRUMP!

Orm -> RE: OT Things to ponder (2/27/2021 6:06:25 AM)

Feels like the first day of spring here. And a lot of chirping birds. Any chance of any new bird pictures?

geofflambert -> RE: OT Things to ponder (2/28/2021 7:32:17 PM)

Here's a dark eyed junco (not to be confused with a red-eyed Junkers). They prefer to forage on the ground with the squirrels rather than at the feeders, so I put some seed on the ground for them, mostly white millet when there isn't a snow cover. This is from a week ago.

[image]local://upfiles/37002/C1315346426F4657997D4ED5722BCD5E.jpg[/image]

geofflambert -> RE: OT Things to ponder (2/28/2021 7:40:23 PM)

A robin that's learned to eat seed when there's no worms. I also put out dried fruit bits for them especially. That's a starling with him obviously, you have those where you are.

[image]local://upfiles/37002/0F9604D2948B426684D60A3F814A3B87.jpg[/image]

geofflambert -> RE: OT Things to ponder (2/28/2021 7:42:03 PM)

Here's a mockingbird at a peanut and suet nugget feeder. They also love the dried fruit.

[image]local://upfiles/37002/B7715D47DA43439AB437EF4EC4056E5C.jpg[/image]

geofflambert -> RE: OT Things to ponder (2/28/2021 7:43:11 PM)

And some starlings trampling the snow where bits of suet are falling.

[image]local://upfiles/37002/E80B8D7E7C1244CFBB9666187CF9EF78.jpg[/image]

geofflambert -> RE: OT Things to ponder (2/28/2021 7:51:43 PM)

From earlier in the month, a mourning dove, 3 male house finches and 2 females

[image]local://upfiles/37002/2AF001BA769B468B8859FE8FA88D89AC.jpg[/image]

geofflambert -> RE: OT Things to ponder (2/28/2021 7:52:19 PM)

[image]local://upfiles/37002/C52D7B8CD17949CB9DA62D40860E781C.jpg[/image]

geofflambert -> RE: OT Things to ponder (2/28/2021 7:55:40 PM)

A male downy woodpecker at a suet log. I put lots of suet out when it gets really cold, and we had a week where the temperature was below freezing 24/7 and below 0 degrees Fahrenheit at times. How fahren do you have to travel to get heit?

[image]local://upfiles/37002/38D582D9DE0C4997A3F3BAA40A6F58CC.jpg[/image]

RangerJoe -> RE: OT Things to ponder (2/28/2021 7:57:23 PM)

I put out a suet feeder with suet in it. I was gone but I think that a grey squirrel managed to get it open and ran off with the entire thing. It had been nibbling on it earlier.

I get rock does that perch on a birder feeder meant for small birds. They reach around and get seeds from another opening. A lot of seeds fall on the ground. The other rock doves are below, grabbing at the spilled food.

BBfanboy -> RE: OT Things to ponder (2/28/2021 10:07:31 PM)

When I had a bird feeder, some bird species would deliberately scatter the seed to the ground and then go down to get it. I guess they didn't like heights. [:'(]

Geoff - is that Niger Black seed that the Junkos are feeding on? You do realize that 'Niger Black' is a fancy name for thistle seed, because they couldn't sell the latter when it was named accurately? I found out when we had a thistle outbreak under our bird feeder in the spring. [sm=00000018.gif]

RangerJoe -> RE: OT Things to ponder (2/28/2021 10:13:24 PM)

Take the stalk of fresh thistle and peel it. Enjoy . . . [X(]

geofflambert -> RE: OT Things to ponder (3/1/2021 3:41:58 AM)

quote:

When I had a bird feeder, some bird species would deliberately scatter the seed to the ground and then go down to get it. I guess they didn't like heights. [:'(]

Geoff - is that Niger Black seed that the Junkos are feeding on? You do realize that 'Niger Black' is a fancy name for thistle seed, because they couldn't sell the latter when it was named accurately? I found out when we had a thistle outbreak under our bird feeder in the spring. [sm=00000018.gif]

The brand is "Nyjer" and no it's not, that's black oil sunflower seeds on the snow. Nyjer is not a thistle seed but is used as a substitute for thistle seed. Finches love it but I don't. It's a little expensive and the finches will eat all sorts of other seed. The various types of feeders for Nyjer are goofy in my opinion and they also suggest filling a panty hose with it and hanging that, but I didn't have much luck with it.

geofflambert -> RE: OT Things to ponder (3/1/2021 3:46:23 AM)

quote:

Take the stalk of fresh thistle and peel it. Enjoy . . . [X(]

Artichokes are thistles and I love them with melted butter.

Page: <<   < prev  182 183 [184] 185 186   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI