DBB(C)-OOB question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

bush -> DBB(C)-OOB question (4/12/2016 11:57:20 AM)

I have received some of the Aussie I Corp reinforcements and I see the brigades do NOT combine into the parent division. Just wondering if anyone knows the reasoning behind that decision.

btd64 -> RE: DBB(C)-OOB question (4/12/2016 12:38:57 PM)

Check the HQ's. They have to be the same. You also need all of the parts in the same hex. If you don't have a "*" after the unit name, in the list of LCU'S then they will not combined....GP

Arnhem44 -> RE: DBB(C)-OOB question (4/12/2016 1:20:44 PM)

No, what bushpu has brought up is correct, in DBB-C the Aussie 6th and 7th IDs cannot combine their component brigades, in fact the both divisions also have their supporting arms like their organic artillery regiments represented as separate units. I've also been meaning to ask what's the reasoning behind it.

I understand that the divisions never fought as such after they were transferred from Africa with the brigades being parceled out but shouldn't the option to have the divisions reformed be put in so as to leave the decision whether to do so to the player?

Alfred -> RE: DBB(C)-OOB question (4/12/2016 6:19:46 PM)

Read this thread and the link I provide too.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3987152&mpage=1&key=&#3987608

It is all quite intentional and represents adherence to historical practice.  The designers of the DaBabes family of scenarios attempt to make their scenarios more resistant to "gamey" practices which are perpetrated in the official scenarios.  Means if you want to play their scenarios you are forced to play within the historical parameters.  Don't like that limitation, play another scenario.  After all, you haven't paid any money to download a scenario from the DaBabes family.

Alfred

bush -> RE: DBB(C)-OOB question (4/13/2016 3:54:19 AM)

I LOVE the limitations. Anything to help the "game" be more like RL is okie-dokie by me. Thanks for the links too, I had forgotten about those.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI