Transfer aircraft between squadrons? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Dili -> Transfer aircraft between squadrons? (5/6/2016 6:02:40 AM)

Any way to do it? of course they are supposed to be at same base and be of same model.

Leandros -> RE: Transfer aircraft between squadrons? (5/6/2016 6:14:13 AM)

Not sure, but believe you can "transfer" within the same group in the sense that when you delete a diminished
squadron you are asked which other squadron in the group shall take over the planes and pilots. Otherwise, you are
asked if you want to regenerate the squadron later. Somebody here can surely give the correct answer.

Fred

Chris21wen -> RE: Transfer aircraft between squadrons? (5/6/2016 8:23:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dili

Any way to do it? of course they are supposed to be at same base and be of same model.

Only way I know is too withdraw them.

btd64 -> RE: Transfer aircraft between squadrons? (5/6/2016 11:54:40 AM)

One way would be to upgrade one squadron to a new model. The former aircraft will go to the pool. Then use the former aircraft for the other squadron when they become available. When an aircraft type gets low in the pool and is not being built anymore I'll do this to upgrade a squadron and keep others full with the older model....GP

guytipton41 -> RE: Transfer aircraft between squadrons? (5/6/2016 12:34:01 PM)

Hummm....

Maybe run one squadron down so most of it's a/c are broken (100% LRCap at range 6 would do it). Then transfer that squadron somewhere else not connected by rail. Then if you disband the fragment left behind (broken a/c) I think they will be absorbed by the squadron still at the original base.

Cheers,
Guy

Lowpe -> RE: Transfer aircraft between squadrons? (5/6/2016 12:36:20 PM)

Just disband the squadron if you can. All the planes and pilots will go to the other squadron if the planes/countries are the same. If there is more than one eligible squadron for the transfer, then you will be given a button list and you can select the appropriate squadron.

You are then prompted if you want to reform the squadron in 120 days. Y/N.

I do this all the time.

guytipton41 -> RE: Transfer aircraft between squadrons? (5/6/2016 12:41:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Just disband the squadron if you can. All the planes and pilots will go to the other squadron if the planes/countries are the same. If there is more than one eligible squadron for the transfer, then you will be given a button list and you can select the appropriate squadron.

You are then prompted if you want to reform the squadron in 120 days. Y/N.

I do this all the time.

Well of course that! That goes without saying. <John Cleese stalks out of the room.> But transferring a/c without disbanding the squadron, in the case where the squadron can not be split. That's a bit more difficult.

Cheers,
Guy

btd64 -> RE: Transfer aircraft between squadrons? (5/6/2016 1:16:55 PM)

All good suggestions. I do what I do because I have 2 full squadrons after 14 days +/-. Of course supply plays a role as well. My 2.25 cents....GP

GetAssista -> RE: Transfer aircraft between squadrons? (5/6/2016 7:36:46 PM)

You can also do it the old WITP way: damaging some of the a/c by e.g. loading on ships, flying the rest of the AG away and disband the splinter into another AG

Dili -> RE: Transfer aircraft between squadrons? (5/7/2016 2:37:45 AM)

Yeah, i was trying to recreate the Malta convoys to supply aircraft to the island, i am afraid i'll have no alternative than to have some "duplicate" squadrons, or maybe i just call the units that came in the carriers as the operation name they came with, but that is a bit weird.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI